This morning Ryan and I had a kick butt running sesh! It was the perfect way to start off the day. Usually I do some sort of strength training (except last week was yoga because I was SO sore) on Saturdays, but today I woke up feeling a good run. It was probably a good thing considering I downed that uh-ma-zing pizookie and ice cream last night.
I decided to extend my usual 3 mile route by a mile to make it a little longer. Cody was off playing football, it was a beautiful morning, I was totally feelin’ it, and I wasn’t in a rush to be anywhere, so why not make it a little longer?! I was certainly glad I did because I owned that run like it was nothin’. I love that feeling! The second half of the run started to get a little warm, and there was some humidity in the air from the storm we got last night. Needless to say, I was a big sweaty mess when I got home!
Ryan and I were happy campers when we got home and got to drink gallons of water.
Cody got home from football soon after we did, and we all got straight to work on our “to-do list” for the day.
- Pull weeds in the backyard: check.
- Filled in flagstone cracks with mortar: check.
- Mowed lawn: check.
- Cleaned up kitchen: check.
- Got rid of old couch in basement: check.
- Vacuumed/swept up dog hair and sawdust in basement (it’s an unfinished, work in progress basement): check. (We’re trying to clean up the basement because I want to make a “temporary” fitness room down there until we get it all finished.)
I’d say we are QUITE the team! We took a break in the middle of our list to eat some lunch. Cody had leftovers from last night, and I whipped up another one of my delicious Cinnamon Pumpkin Pie Smoothies.
Now it’s time for some relaxation until we leave for a late afternoon/evening of Seven Peaks (a waterpark here in Utah) with some friends! Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!
- Do you usually workout on the weekends? If so, what type of workout do you do?
- What was on your “to-do list” today?