Taco Tuesday

First of all, can I just please share a picture of three of my favorites??  Such cuties they are!

Ok, onto the real deal now.  Last night I decided on tacos for dinner, so I entitled the day “Taco Tuesday”.  I had friends in college that would have “Taco Tuesdays” at their apartments or houses and invite a bunch of people over each and every Tuesday for dinner… good times!  Last night’s dinner consisted of the traditional tacos with seasoned ground beef turkey on hard shells with all the add-ins.  I was feeling an easy peasy dinner, and that’s exactly what it was!  Quite delicious if I do say so myself too.

I topped my tacos tostadas with a thin layer of plain Greek yogurt (in place of sour cream), ground turkey, and my favorite salsa.  Unfortunately we were out of cheese.  :(  (I always break my taco shells in half and build them like tostadas… don’t ask. ;) )   I paired the tacos with some whole grain Mexican rice and a spinach salad.  And I obviously went back for seconds, so don’t let the one taco in this picture fool you!

This got me thinking about all the many different types of tacos are out there!  Just to name a few:

• Shredded chicken/pork/steak tacos
  • Vegetarian tacos (made with beans, vegetables, rice, etc.)
  • Fish tacos

• Soft shell vs. hard shell tacos
  • Soft shell CORN tortillas vs. soft shell FLOUR tortillas
  • Taco salad
  • Ground beef/turkey tacos

I don’t think I ever realized how many different types of tacos are out there!  I could have tacos every night of the week and enjoy a completely different combination of foods, textures, and tastes each time.  (Not that I would, just sayin’.)  So friends, if you’re having a difficult time figuring out what to prepare for dinner one evening, take your pick of a taco dish!  There’s plenty of ‘em!

P.S. There’s still time to put your entry in for the “Nutty Granola” giveaway!  Hurry if you haven’t done so yet!

• What are your favorite types of tacos?
  • Do you like hard shell or soft shell tacos better?
  • What do you usually add as “toppings” to your tacos? (salsa, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, etc.)

Comments

I love tacos because of their convenience. My family used to do Taco Tuesday when I was still at home. I haven’t made them in a really not time but I should keep it in mind for nights when the hubs is at practice late! :)

Your dogs are too cute…I love the way they are laying nose to nose :)

• says

Totally! Last night it worked out perfectly to do tacos because I was just not feelin’ the cooking thing. It was easy prep AND easy clean up!

I love taco nights! My all time favorite is probably Fish Tacos, if they are made right. ;). I’m kind of a snob about my fish tacos. But when done right, they are just so fresh feeling.

I love hard shell tacos. Soft are ok too, but the preference is definitely with hard shell.

And toppings…well, I’ll just take it all. :). Pico is probably my favorite tho.

I love Taco Night! We have some variation of it often. Typically we’ll make a little toppings bar and then get some soft shells and fill them up. I like avocado, onion, pepper, and tomato in mine!

I love tacos! I like chicken or ground beef in mine, and I’m kind of plain so I usually top them with cheese, lettuce, and maybe sour cream or guacamole :). And soft tacos are the way to go- I think the hard ones fall apart too easily. Btw, love that first picture! So cute!!

5. Lisa Kildoo says

I like hard shell and I warm them in the oven or on the grill. I used to crisp them up in oil and well I quit that saving on calories and fat, but they are amazing like that! I started making fish tacos this summer and I love them! I make a lime cilantro slaw to top them with. Our general tacos are chili powder seasoned grd beef, sometimes ground chicken and lettuce cheese and tomatoes with salsa.