Let’s just start off by making this clear: I LOVE SUGAR AND MOST FORMS OF SUGAR. If I had to tell you one “food group” (yes, I consider dessert a food group) that I have a hard time resisting, it would most definitely be dessert. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for the double whammy sweet tooth. 😉
That being said, I rarely go a day without something sweet. No, I do not indulge in a full fledged 800 calorie brownie and ice cream sundae each evening, but I do enjoy a small dessert to satisfy me. I try to keep it within 100-200 calories, and try to justify whatever it is that I choose to eat to have some sort of nutritional benefit. (i.e. icecream=calcium!) Here’s some of my favorite “mini dessert” ideas I have come up with to satisfy my sweet tooth without blowing it out of the water:
- Light Ice Cream (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- Hot Chocolate (made with milk)
- Frozen yogurt
- Pudding with a graham cracker
- “Healthified” baked goods
And of course, I absolutely will from time-to-time indulge in a pizookie and icecream…
Or a thick and creamy shake…
I do indulge in the “big time” desserts only for special occasions. What’s life without sugar?! 😉
- Do you have something sweet each day?
- What are your favorite “healthier” dessert options?
- What are you favorite desserts in general?