My wonderful neighbor brought by these bad boys recently. She knows how much I love my vegetables apparently! (My finger is in the picture for size comparison.)
I was initially very appreciative, but then I realized there are only two of us and these zucchinis could serve fifty. I immediately had to put my creative thinking cap on and figure out how to use them up because food does not go to waste in this house!
To eat tons of Zucchini Oatmeal Pancakes…
To have regular hearty bowls of Zucchini Bread Oatmeal…
To use the zucchini for later meals by chopping them up and freezing them…
And last but certainly not least, to make several batches of these fantastic Zucchini Banana Muffins…
(P.S. They are amazing fresh out of the oven with a little smear of REAL butter!)
Zucchini Banana Muffins
Servings: Makes 12 medium sized muffins
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all natural unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium extra ripe bananas
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray or line the pan with muffin liners.
- Measure out all ingredients and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to blend ingredients together until mixed well.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pan about 3/4 full.
- Bake in oven for about 18 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
You should go make these delicious and unknowingly healthy muffins pronto!
And just a side note: For those of you that have never had zucchini bread, muffins, etc., you cannot taste the zucchini at all. If anything, the zucchini adds moisture to your baked goods and some hidden extra veggies to your daily intake. All the more reason to love these zucchini recipes!
- Have you ever made zucchini baked goods?
- What are some of your favorite recipes with zucchini? Link me up!