Evaluation of December Goals

It’s that time again!  Time to evaluate how I did with my December goals.  Most of them I felt like I did pretty well with.  The last one I wished I would’ve done better at, but I suppose I can work at it better in January!

Goal #1: I want to make at least one new soup and/or chili each week.

Check!  This one surprisingly came a lot easier to me than I thought it would.  I made black bean soup, turkey noodle soup, split pea soup, and minestrone soup.  They all came out great too!

Goal #2: I want to challenge myself to run outside (in the freezing cold) at least 3 times throughout the month of December.

Unfortunately, I only ran outside twice throughout the month of December.  It wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be though.  My new Nike long sleeve running top helped a lot.  It did help me overcome my “fear” of running outside in the freezing weather though, which was my ultimate goal.  I’m hoping this will help me continue to have more of a desire to run outside the rest of this winter.

Goal #3:  I am going to decide which Utah half marathon race I’m going to do in the summer of 2012.

Check!  I talked about my decision here.  I found out we can register on February 1st!

383314_216945238387522_110671939014853_513844_1552199181_n[2]

Goal #4: I am going to make homemade fudge for the first time.

Check!  Although I ended up making a fairly easy fudge recipe, I was still very pleased with how it came out.

Goal #5: I am going to tell myself one thing I like about myself each day.

Honestly, I did terrible at this one.  Mostly because I just forgot about it.  I also had several “insecure” moments throughout this past month with all of the holiday goodies surrounding us nonstop.  My insecurities made it a little more challenging for me to accomplish this one.  I do hope to do better at this one in the future though.

• Did you set any goals for yourself in December?  If so, how’d you do with them?
  • Are you a goal oriented person?

Comments

Great job sticking to your goals. December is a hard month for me to Rick to my eating plan and also leads to a lot of insecurities. Do you write out goals for each month?

yep! i make five new goals for myself and write them out each month that relate to fitness, food, health, my self confidence, etc. they help a ton!

Congrats on doing so well on your goals! I love that you made four different soups this month! Which was your favorite?

I didn’t set any goals for December, but I’m definitely making some for the new year. I love the idea of telling yourself something you like about yourself each day.

Happy-almost-New Year, Ashley! xo

I think it’s super cool that you list out five goals for each month. :) I love making goals for myself, but I am bad at writing them down. I will think about it and then just go for it and do it. :) This year coming up however, I wanted to write them down.

Great job!!

thanks girl! luckily i’ve already pretty much gotten into the “swing of things” this past week, but it also takes some time to see the results of it. :) happy new year!

I’m definitely a goal oriented person. I love the idea of setting monthly goals rather than yearly goals. Just like the Happiness Project! Have you read that? Great book!

I think you did great on your goals for Dec. girl! :-) We are all so self-conscious of ourselves so don’t beat yourself up about it too much! Just plan to be more positive! ;-)