Hot Tea–The Perfect Cold Evening Treat

Last night as my husband and I were watching a couple episodes of “24” on Netflix, I decided some hot tea was in order.  It was cold and drizzling all day which naturally sets the perfect scene for a mug of hot tea.  Cody also requested a mug, so I gladly put some water in our tea kettle to boil on the stove.

I used a bag of green tea with a hint of strawberry that I got with my order of PB2 from iHerb, and Cody decided on some chamomile.

As Cody said, “This is the perfect cold evening treat!”  This continued with us deciding that we should make a point of drinking tea more often.  We both enjoy tea, hot and cold, and it’s proven to be a healthy drink option, so why not drink it more?

I think the main reason we don’t drink it more often is because we simply forget about it.  The next time I go to the grocery store, I plan on buying a couple new flavors to encourage us to drink it more often.  As of now, we don’t have many options so hopefully having some more to choose from will make it more exciting to drink.  Bring on the tea! Winking smile

• Do you enjoy tea?  If so, which kinds are your favorite?  (I need some new suggestions on which ones I should buy!)
  • Do you drink tea often?

Comments

I love tea, and pretty much drink it all day long! Every time I go to the grocery store, I pick up a new box…I have an irrational fear about running out ;) Current favorite is warm vanilla and cinnamon from Trader Joe’s.

Herbal teas are my fav!! Celestial is awesome, my husband introduced me to it last year when his company started stocking it their work kitchen! ;) Lemon Zinger is AWESOME!

I’m like Paige and Mandi in that I always forget about tea, because I’m always drinking coffee instead. My favorite, though, is Red Tee with a little bit of soy milk added to it. Heaven.

I’ve really gotten into hot tea in the past couple of years. Mostly I drink decaf. I love flavored teas. There are several that I’d recommend from Republic of Tea. Including: coconut cocoa, cardamon cinnamon, coconut plantain green. Yum.

5. Traci says

I love the Yogi teas, especially the kombucha one. It’s probably my favorite packaged tea ever! My real favorite (that my wallet doesn’t really like) is any of the loose flavored teas from Teavana. The Youthberry is unreal! Drinking a combo of lemon lime and sevenberry sangria teas from there now! Honestly, they are SO worth it – nothing compares in my opinion.

I LOVE the Celestial teas.. I think I have at least one box of every kind they make in my cupboard. I love stocking up on the holiday ones when they go on sale.
    Hubby’s favorite is the Sleepytime with Vanilla he always has a cup before he goes to bed. I love them all, they have a fruit sampler box also so you can try out a bunch of different kinds before you buy a big box! plus it gives you variety. They also have coupons that come out quite frequently for them. You can email them and request coupons be mailed to you, they sent me a couple through the mail when i emailed them about how much I loved their product. Also they have them in the Sunday paper ads quite frequently, and if you have a grocery store that doubles the smaller coupons turn out to be a great value.
    I stocked up on the sleepytime teas the last time i had a bunch of coupons, I ended up getting each box for a dollar and some change each which is awesome!