The Perfect Saturday

As we got into bed last night, I told Cody that yesterday was “the perfect Saturday”.  We woke up to no alarm clock (~7:30 AM), I made us oatmeal for breakfast, I sipped on my coffee, and we lounged for a good hour or two before we decided to get up and get going.  Cody had some work he wanted to do, and I had a run to knock out, so we parted ways for about an hour and got our stuff done.

I decided to go to the gym for my run yesterday… I didn’t feel like dodging ice outside, and my treadmill in our basement didn’t sound very appealing either.  The gym gives me that extra ounce of motivation I need when I’m just not feelin’ it.  I usually will blast some upbeat tunes in the car on the way to get me pumped for my run once I get there.  It works every time… I had an AWESOME 5.5 mile run.  Seriously.  Like one of those runs that I felt on top of the world.  I would’ve kept going if I only had me to think about, but the hubs and pups were waiting for me at home.

Once I got home and cleaned up, I made Cody and me some tuna melt sandwiches on wheat with a side salad.  We decided over lunch that since we didn’t have any other obligations and it was such a beautiful day that we should get out and do something fun.  We agreed to drive out to the outlet mall by Park City (about an hour from our house).  Park City is one of my favorite places… The shopping is great, the scenery is gorgeous, and it’s away from the city.

Even though the drive was long, the views made up for it.  The skies were clear and blue, and the snow was bright and beautiful.

It was a chilly day (about 30* F), but with the sun brightly shining and coats on, it actually felt really nice.  (This is even coming from an Arizona gal! Winking smile ).

We went to some of our favorite outlet shops… Banana Republic, The Gap, Nike, Old Navy, and PacSun.  Cody got a new pair of jeans, and I got a top for super cheap.  I love bargain shopping.  I wish I could’ve bought the entire Nike store though – love that place!

Somewhere in there we stopped at Mrs. Field’s Bakery so Cody could get a couple chocolate chip cookies (which I stole a bite or two from!), and I got a coffee.

We shopped around until about 4:00 PM, and then decided to head back toward home.  I hadn’t planned anything for dinner because I had no idea what our plans would be, so we decided to put a Texas Roadhouse gift card we had to use.  If you’ve been reading the blog for awhile, you know this is one of our all-time favorite chain restaurants.  We got there around 5:00 PM and got seated around 5:30 PM which made for an early dinner, but we were both pretty hungry so it worked out fine.

I immediately downed a roll (the best rolls on earth!) and chugged down some water because I was dying of thirst!  It was hard not to eat the entire roll basket because I was so hungry, but I held off and sipped my water until dinner came.

I got the grilled chicken salad with tomatoes, egg, and bacon.  DELICIOUS!  One of the best grilled chicken salads ever in my opinion.

Cody got his usual 12 oz. ribeye steak with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies.  He gets this same meal every single time and couldn’t be happier with it.

We ended the evening with a movie we found on Netflix called “Memento”.  It was… intriguing but strange.

Whew – lots of words in the post, but just had to fill ya in on a great Saturday!  Hope the rest of your weekend is a great one my friends!

• What did you do yesterday?
  • How would you describe “the perfect Saturday”?
  • What is your favorite chain restaurant?

Comments

That does sound like the perfect Saturday! Usually Sundays are the day that the Husband and I get to spend together – we’ve got nothing to do today which is nice!

I used to work at Texas Roadhouse.. it was very very hard to resist the temptation of eating rolls all day long!

cody and i were just talking last night while we were waiting for our table about how hard it would be to resist the rolls if we worked there… so good! enjoy your day with your husband!

I am so glad you had such a wonderful Saturday with your hubby! :-) My perfect day is very similar to the one you had yesterday! Running, shopping, delicious food, and time spent with the one you love, sounds perfect to me! My favorite chain restaurant is Cheesecake Factory, the portions are huge but it’s okay because that means I get about 4 extra meals out of all the leftovers! lol

Looks like fun!!! We went to the gym yesterday morning, then we got ready and met our friends before going to the wedding. It was definitely a good time, but I was ready to go by about 9:00 haha … I don’t do well with late nights!! ;)

Now we’re about to head to church! Have a great Sunday!!

Sounds like a great day and that salad looks yummy :)
    My perfect saturday…would be waking up to a fresh blanket of snow…sipping on a yummy cafe mocha, watching tv or cuddling my man..going for a long walk in the afternoon and in the evening! Just simple!

Yesterday I slept all day until 3, since I had worked the night shift at the hospital, went for a 12 mile run, and then had a tv and pajama night. As perfect as it could’ve been. Ideal Saturday? Long run, big lunch, relax in the afternoon, out for dinner and/or drinks in the evening. Perfect Sunday? Sleeping in, drinking coffee and watching tv with the bf, football in the afternoon, church and dinner in the evening.

6. Andrea @ Andrea Out Loud! says

Ooo I just went to Texas Roadhouse for the first time a few months ago and it was so good! Love their rolls for sure too!

I don’t think I’ve ever been to a Texas Roadhouse before, but I do remember getting lost one of my first times driving and crying in their parking lot.

I used to love Moe’s, but I think my heart is sold to Jason’s Deli!

Sounds like a great day, and I’m glad your run went so well! Oh gosh, and I die in the Nike outlet store, that’s the only place I’ll buy my running shorts! And my favorite chain? hmmmm I haven’t been to many but I’d have to say that my favorite is Bo Lings. Although I can’t eat much there anymore because of soy sauce! I guess I’ll have to find a new one!

Your amazing Saturday sounds like ideal! I love the Texas Road House grilled chicken salad. I always get it because I’m usually so stuffed from too many rolls to need much of a filling meal. Cinnamon butter…yum!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE days like that! So glad you had an awesome weekend girly!

P.S. Texas Roadhouse rolls are so very yummy in my tummy! I think I have polished off a basket (or two) in my day as well lol.

I just LOVE park city! It is so beautiful up there!!! I especially love their shopping outlets! I’ve never had that salad at Texas Roadhouse, I’ll have to give that one a try next time!