Truths Behind Being A Healthy Living Blogger

I’ve been wanting to do a post along the lines of misinterpretations and assumptions people get from me (and I’m sure others) as a healthy living blogger.  Below are things people I’ve heard people say to me about my blog and/or things I’m sure people might presume from my blog at times.  Hopefully this will help clear things up and answer some questions you may have.

59929_1515307315498_1018890023_1449983_4521978_n[1]

• Assumption: I’m on a “diet” because I have a health and fitness blog.

Truth:  Definitely not!  In fact, I try to make it clear on my blog how much I’m not even a fan of diets in the first place.  I am all for eating REAL and nutritious food, exercising in a way that you enjoy, and using balance and moderation when it comes to food and fitness.

• Assumption:  I’m perfect when it comes to eating healthy and exercising.

Truth:  Heck to the no on this one!  I am by FAR perfect from eating healthy and exercising.  I feel as though I’m pretty open about my struggles and things I want to work on in regards to healthy eating and fitness on my blog.  Healthy eating and my workouts are something I’m always working at improving and wanting to getting better at.

• Assumption:  I workout like crazy and never take a rest day.

Truth:  I DO workout 5-6 days each week because I enjoy exercising; it’s one of my biggest hobbies and loves.  My workouts are often one of the highlights of my day.  However, I always make sure to take at least one rest day each week so that my muscles and body can recover.  My daily workouts are also rarely over an hour in length.  I like to get ‘em done, and get in and out.

• Assumption:  I know everything there is to know about healthy living, fitness, and eating well.

Truth:  Oh my, I have SO much more to learn in the realm of healthy living, fitness, and eating well.  I do have a background in health and fitness, as I have my B.A. degree in Health Psychology and am a certified personal trainer through the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), but there is still SO much out there that I don’t know.  I’m always looking for more chances to learn and expand my knowledge within health, nutrition, and fitness.

If you have any other questions or thoughts, please don’t hesitate to ask!

• If you have a healthy living blog (or any other type of blog), do you feel as though people have false assumptions and misinterpretations about you?
  • Random: What is one thing you’re looking forward to eating (or have already eaten) today?!

Comments

Good points. I am still a new blogger so I don’t have any misconceptions yet, but I really write exactly what I think/happens- super healthy or not (Hello candy addiction).

I ate a chocolate scroll for breakfast which is actually very unlike me- but its one of those kind of days where you need chocolate! :)

I can definitely relate to all of these, especially the one about beings perfect eater. I feel like now I am more likely to receive comments when out to dinner with friends if I order something unhealthy! Being a blogger does not make me invincible to cravings.. :-)

Well said!! I struggle a little witht he opposite – like people feel I am an imposter in the healthy living blogging community because I am not always wonderfully healthy, but my blog clearly states that it is about my journey in my NEW love of a healthy lifestyle and a way for people to see my eating habits changing.
    PS – ironically enough my post this morning was about eating lots of cake. haha.

that’s what is so neat about blogs though… they’re all unique and different because we as people are all unique and different. the differences are what need to be appreciated! i commend you for starting your new healthy lifestyle journey! way to go girl!

I love this!! I do sometimes get the feeling that people think I know everything when it comes to losing weight and a healthy lifestyle. Boy if they could only follow me for a day and go home with me at night! There are some days that I don’t struggle with a healthy lifestyle, and then there are days that I can’t get it together and feel a change is necessary. I am constantly looking for new ideas and different ways to change my food and workout programs. :)

GREAT post Ashley!!

just read the post… love it! thanks so much for sharing that with me. i totally agree with everything she said.

People who haven’t read my blog assume that all I do is complain about things. Because of this, I’ve been super hesitant to share my blog with some of my IRL friends, but so far the reception has been good.

Love this – so many people think that I’m on a diet because I’m small, when really, I struggle with eating enough! It’s always a total judgement call!

AND, I HATE the word diet. It’s unrealistic and crazy. I wish we could ban it (ot at least ban the mentality)!

Such great points! I’m so glad you did a post like this!
    I get that “diet” one all too many times! I enjoy eating healthy, unprocessed, clean foods. I love salads, fruits, veggies, oatmeal, grilled chicken; the foods people try to eat when on a “diet”. Whenever I’m out with friends or family and order a salad or bring my own healthy food to a BBQ, I always feel criticized as why are you on a diet?! It does get annoying, like people can’t understand why someone would enjoy eating healthy foods and not fueling their bodies with junk! ha

I love that explination of your blog, I think its great you want to clear things up as a blogger its not about being perfect its about striving to be as healthy and happy as can be. The best thing I ate today was a peter rabbit organic fruit snack. Its so good!

Great post, girlie!! I don’t know what type of blog I have, to be quite honest. Sometimes I think I’m a healthy living blog, but then I post all these unhealthy recipes, sooo, that’s kind of contrary to the “healthy living blog” theme haha! ;) I’m me. I eat healthier than most, but less healthy than others. I love to run and workout, but definitely NOT every day. It’s all about balance, in my book! ;)

And I’m looking forward to having breakfast for dinner tonight. And perhaps a margarita later because it’s been a long week haha!