It’s Already March?!

Where did the time go?!  I can’t believe it’s already March 1st!  For those of you that are new(er) readers, I like to set monthly goals for myself that focus on my personal health, nutrition, and fitness.  I also set goals outside of that realm, but I don’t always share them on the blog.  Obviously I’m a big believer in goal setting. Winking smile

Pinned Image

[source]

I decided this month that I am primarily going to focus on these goals that focus on my diet, and these goals that focus on my lifestyle and mental health.  All of these things are my primary focus right now, so I don’t want to overwhelm myself by setting even more goals for the month of March.

I do need to evaluate how I did with my February goals though, so let’s take a look!

Goal #1: Include more healthy fats into my daily diet.

I definitely feel like I’ve done a good job with this one, especially within the past couple weeks.  You can see an example of a day of my eats lately HERE.  I’ve really been trying to add in more nut butters, olive oil, fatty fish, and avocado.  I’m actually really enjoying it too!  I find that it keeps me more satiated, and I have far less cravings.

Goal #2: Make a point of stretching/foam rolling at least 3 times a week.

Ehhh, I did just OK with this…  It really depended on the week.  There was a couple weeks where I stretched and/or foam rolled almost every day, but then there was one week that I realized I barely stretched at all.  I’m glad I am making stretching more of a priority overall though.  I used to rarely ever stretch, so I’m glad to be seeing some improvements in this area!

Goal #3: Research and find a good beginner half marathon training plan that will work for both me and my running partner/friend.

CHECK!  You can check it out HERE.  Only a couple more weeks until I start the official training!  Eeek!

Goal #4: Continue to loosely follow my “eating plan”.

I’m happy to say that what my initial “eating plan” has now pretty much become habit for me.  Including a mid morning snack and eating more at the beginning of the day is just part of my normal routine now, and I’m loving it.  My self control with nut butters has overall been better, and emotional eating has significantly decreased as well.  Woohoo!

snack

Goal #5: Intensify my weight training workouts by adding more weight and/or lengthening my workout time.

If the fact that I’ve been pretty sore most days of every week says anything, then I think I did pretty well with this one.  I really focused on this because I was tired of not getting the results I wanted.  Of course there were a few workouts here and there that I could’ve lifted heavier and more intensely, but overall, I’m happy with how I did on this one.

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think I did pretty darn well February’s goals, don’t ya think?  Winking smile  I’m tellin’ ya, creating attainable and affective goals for yourself truly does make a difference!  As always, please let me know if you have any questions about goal setting or if you need any help setting goals.  I’d be happy to help!

Have a wonderful first day of March!  Yay for spring coming! Smile

• What are some of your current goals?
  • Are you good at taking the time to stretch and/or foam roll?
  • Have anything fun planned for the month of March?

Comments

Good job accomplishing your goals!! My goals right now are things like trying to find us a house, trying to find a job, being consistent with prayer and Bible study, and getting back to eating healthy! The move really affected my eating, and I’m not liking the results! ;)

great goals kristen! :) i’m sure you’ll be able to get right back on track… it’s always tough when your normal routine gets changed up!

I hear ya on the foam rolling goal. One of mine for February and beyond is stretch and foam roll much more often. I’ve noticed a difference in my tight hips/IT band when I use it after every run. I also want to try yoga – I think it could be helpful.

Way to go with the goals! My current goals are to get my definition back by hitting up the gym regularly. That’s not all that measurable and is pretty subjective, but I’m just going to have to go with it for now.

Yay! Awesome job with your goals :). It must feel so good to take a look back and realize how well you did! I want to start stretching more, but with this suture on my leg right now I don’t want to stretch it out in any way haha. I’ll wait til that’s taken off!

Awesome job on your goals! I’m also trying to eat more in the mornings but I’m having such a hard time actually doing it, it’s not that I’m not hungry I think I just have a hard time getting those calories in for fear that I won’t eat less later and then just eat more overall… I need to just DO IT.

you’ll seriously be SO glad you do! i love it because i don’t feel like a ravenous beast later in the day. ;)

Where is this year going?! It feels like it was just new years! I am looking forward to some spring time though!
    My new goal is to incorporate more strength training workouts this month, I want to be more tone come swim suit season! ha
    Great job on your goals!

Oh the SMART goals……… Learned all about those in teaching. :) Toot away lady! You did good with your February goals! :) I need to get my hands on a foam roller. Can you believe I’ve never used one?

Hi! I’m new to your blog and I love it!! I have several goals this month but the most important are to spend time reading my bible each morning, and start training for my triathlon! I love foam rolling, and try to do it every other day! I don’t have much going on this month- but after two trips in february- I’m happy for a break!

It sounds like you did a great job with your goals, especially if one of them feels like it’s just another habit now! Way to go, girl!

I need to look back at my February goals and decide what my goals for March are. I love having monthly goals to work toward!

And in March… it’s SPRING BREAK! Which means I get to see Craig for more than two days in a row :-)

I can’t believe it’s March already either! I’ve been avocados all the time lately, but definitely need to be lifting and stretching more. I need March fitness goals on my radar too!

Awesome job, Ash! You really rocked your goals last month! Congrats!

As for foam rolling and stretching: this is one I continuously fall slightly short on too. I tend to think of it as a “luxury” and only do it if I have extra time. I know my muscles would love me much more if I made it a regular part of my workout routine!

Happy March! xoxo

I can not make myself get on a routine with regular foam rolling, no matter what I try. The best way would be for me to do it in front of the tv at night, but every time I get down on the floor, my dogs think I want to play (and there goes my efforts).

haha oh man, i can totally relate! i’ll usually put our dogs outside for a bit or in our bedroom while i foam roll. i like to do it in front of the tv too so i’m distracted from the pain!