WIAW {What I Ate Wednesday} #24: My Favorite GREEN Meals

February was “Love Your Veggies” month for WIAW, but the veggie fun isn’t ending there for the month of March!  This month on WIAW, we are focusing on adding GREEN to our meals and snacks.  Green is my all-time favorite color, so I’m all about this green action going on!  Thanks to Jenn for hosting this fun event!  Check out more info on WIAW here if you wish.

Peas and Crayons

I was initially planning on sharing with you my eats from yesterday per usual, but my stomach was a little off yesterday so my meal and snack choices were a little bland and boring.

Instead I decided to share some of my favorite “green-ified” meals and snacks!  Something that helps me get in enough fruits and vegetables each day is to include at least one fruit and/or vegetable into each of my meals. I add in a few more throughout the day for snacks and such too.  Check out some of my favorites below!

favorite GREEN breakfast

————————————————————————————————————————-

favorite GREEN dinner

Victory Veggie Lasagna with a spinach side salad

IMG_1176-1024x682

————————————————————————————————————————–

favorite GREEN evening snack/dessert

STUFT Mama’s Mighty Green Microwave Muffin topped with peanut butter (of course!)

IMG_1448-e1323234043543-726x1024

————————————————————————————————————————-

There ya go… Some of my favorite GREEN filled meals and snacks!  I challenge you to make a point of incorporating more color from produce into your meals and snacks this month!  You can do it!  Have a great Wednesday!

P.S.  I added a new tab – Personal Training – at the top of my blog!  Check it out for some online personal training services that I am starting to offer!

• How do you make sure you get enough fruits and vegetables each day?
  • What is a goal that you’re going to make for the month of March to help you get more produce into your diet?
  • What is your favorite GREEN fruit and/or vegetable?

Comments

Spinach, asparagus and green beans are probably my favorite green veggie and food. But I love any kind of green (mustard greens, swiss chard, kale, etc.) Favorite green fruit..?? Ummm..I don’t think I have one. I tried a kiwi for the first time over the weekend and absolutely hated it! Oh well. You had a lot of yummy foods this week! Zucchini bread oatmeal? YUM! I also try to get lots of fruits and veggies by just adding them into a sauce, or making a salad or soup, and of course, smoothies!

i really love most anything green too! :) packing in veggies to a sauce, soup, or smoothie is a great way to get in some extra colors!

I bought kale yesterday to cook with because it is so beneficial to our bodies. Sometimes for a snack while watching t.v or studying I’ll cook myself up a bowl of veggies with parmesan sprinkled on top and it is one of my favorite snacks. Nerd Alert? Possibly!

Love the green meals Ashley! I love to put spinach or kale into my smoothies. Julie over at Peanut Butter Fingers has a cool avocado pudding recipe I think I am going to try! :)

Have a great day!

Ohhh I make a smoothie similar to yours here, and its DELICIOUS! Don’t even taste the spinach :)
    I really like the personal training tab! I may be hitting you up about that at some point.
    Have a great Wednesday!

Good for you for doing online PT–you have the skills so work ‘em, girl ;) If I didn’t already kinda know what I was doing, I would head to you!! :)

I LOVE these meals–they look tasty. I always had spinach to pretty much everything…..except oatmeal. Hah

i love steamed broccoli too! i went through a phase of making broccoli as a side for dinner at least 3x/week. cody finally asked me if we could switch it up a bit. haha.

That cocoa banana green smoothie looks delicious! And zucchini oatmeal, that sounds interesting, but in a good way! haha Can’t wait to try that one out!
    Congrats on your personal training! That is exciting!!

These all look great, Ashley! The main way I add more green to my diet is with spinach. I used to struggle using up a bag, because I only knew of one or two ways to make a salad and I got so sick of it. Then I learned that I can put ANYTHING on a salad and now I have them all the time :-) I’ve never tried a smoothie with spinach but I’m going to save my next ripe banana to try it!

spinach is definitely one of my favorites. i make sure to always have a big ol’ bag of spinach on hand! i use it ALL the time!

I love the zucchini bread oatmeal! Zucchini is my favorite green veggie in late summer when they’re everywhere…but I also love cucumber in my water and spinach in my veggies.