Trainer Tuesday: Sweat It Out Upper Body Weights + Cardio

We are HOME from San Antonio!  We got in late last night (way past my bed time), so I am going to spend today settling back in, doing laundry, and getting groceries for the week.  Although it was a great trip, I am ready to be home and get back into the swing of things.  I will do a little recap along with my WIAW post tomorrow!

Since I skipped my Trainer Tuesday post last week, I wanted to make sure I shared one with you today!  Today’s Trainer Tuesday features the workout I did yesterday at our hotel’s fitness center.  I did pretty well at staying consistent with my workouts while we were there.  I suppose the fact that their fitness center was beautiful with all brand new equipment helped motivate me to get there every day. Winking smile

0312121010

Because we were in San Antonio, the humidity levels were crazy high which is definitely something I’m not used to from living in Arizona, California, and Utah all my life.  Needless to say, I was more of a sweaty mess than usual after my workouts while we were there.  Hence the title of today’s workout: Sweat It Out Upper Body Weights + Cardio.  I’ll tell you what, I was sweatin’ like a crazy person when I was finished with this one!

I started out with an easy five minute warm up on the bike and then proceeded to the weight room to complete my upper body workout.

sweatitoutweights

The weights portion took me about 35 minutes to complete, and then I headed over to the cardio section to sweat it out some more.  I wanted to run but knew I shouldn’t since my hip has been a little achy the past few days.  Even though the elliptical bores me to tears, I went for it.  It’s low impact and is gentle on my feet and all my joints.  I decided to come up with an elliptical interval workout to make it a little more interesting.  It definitely helped my boredom and the thirty minutes flew by!

Note: The first column is the time; second column is the level; third column is which direction I pedaled; fourth column is how fast I pedaled.

sweatitoutcardio

This week I am starting my half marathon training plan!  I’m pretty stoked!  The first few weeks are fairly simple and are easier than what I have been doing lately for my own workouts.  I’m going to stick with it as much as possible, but I might do a few extra things the first couple weeks.  For example, a three mile run is on my training plan for today, so I will most likely do a three mile run along with an extra 20-30 minutes on the elliptical and/or stair climber.  I’m just going to take it day by day and see how I feel!  I’ll keep you all updated as I go along.

I hope you all enjoy today’s Trainer Tuesday workout!  As always, feel free to comment below or email me with any questions.  Make today a great one! Smile

P.S.  Don’t forget to enter the SlimKicker and digital food scale giveaway!

• Do you live in a place that is more humid or more dry?
  • What is your favorite cardio machine?
  • Tell me what your workout is today!

Comments

I would say that the humidity level varies in Ohio. It is definitely more mild, except in the summer it can be burning hot sometimes! Thanks for the elliptical work out :-) I always see new treadmill work puts, but the elliptical seems to be a rarity!

So excited to read along with you on your training!

I live in MI, where it’s pretty humid in the summer, but I actually like the humidity (just not what it does to my hair ;) ). I’m definitely a treadmill girl, but since I can’t run, I’ve been doing a little on the elliptical, which works out decently well.

Awesome workout, girl! I love working my upper body–it always makes me feel so STRONG. :-D The elliptical bores me a bit too; I prefer the treadmill, but I’ve had lots of running injuries, so I have to limit using it to no more than twice/week.

Washington, DC is SO humid during the summer, which makes working out outside almost impossible! It’s quite a contrast from Boise, which is super dry!

I live in Utah and know exactly how you feel! My boyfriend’s aunt lives in Texas and whenever we go visit, I sweat like a pig, it’s gross! ha
    Sounds like a great elliptical workout, which is my favorite exercise machine! I can’t wait to try it out! :)

I live in Nola, and our humidity is pretty out of control. Though, it hasn’t gotten too bad yet!

And my favorite machine is the tredmill because you can do so much on it! Intervals, hills, lunges, skips, etc.

Ugh, I hate humidity for working out! It makes everything feel so much more challenging because it’s harder to breathe! Both of those look like awesome workouts :). Glad you were able to keep up with exercise while in San Antonio- that’s always something that can be challenging for me.

i have wavy hair too… when i was in san antonio this past weekend, i just went with it and allowed my hair to be naturally wavy. it was actually really nice!

I live in the South and it’s pretty hot! I think our winters last about a week or so, especially this winter. :-)

Today I walked/ran for about 35 minutes. I’m training for a 5k. In addition, I worked out to The Firm’s Jiggle Free Buns. Remember that?

8. Kayleigh says

The workout sounds awesome, may just have to fit that in tomorrow! ;-) I don’t do,so well while I’m traveling, you make it seem so easy. I love the elliptical but I feel like I’m cheating on the dreadmill. ;-)

i normally have a harder time fitting in my workouts on vacation too, but this time i had a lot of free time to myself since my husband was in meetings most days.

Love that upper body workout! I saved it right away. I swear, even though you guys live far away, you and Lindsay are like my own personal trainers because I do your workouts so often :-)

It’s definitely more humid here, especially in the summer. The one thing I’m not looking forward to about summer!

I pretty much only like the treadmill, but I will sometimes do the stairmaster (if I’m feeling crazy) or a bike. I feel so awkward on the elliptical!

Glad your trip went well!

i’m glad you like the workouts! :) the stairmaster is pretty intense. it always makes me sweat like crazy!

I live in a crazy humid place! Florida gets oh so hot and sticky and I hate that a lot when I’m out running and what have you. That’s one of the reasons I have been trying to move to Western NC.
    Haven’t been to the gym in awhile, as I used to have a membership to a local one. My favorite machine was the bike. I could really burn calories on it!
    This morning, I ran 3 miles. It was a rougher workout since I felt so tired, but I got out there and got it done. :)

Good luck with your half training! I just did my second half on March 4th and look forward to doing another one or two in the fall.

great job on your 3 miles!! the rough ones always feel especially awesome when you finish. thank you for the good luck wishes!