Weight Loss Story

Hi guys!  I have a very special story to share with you today.  I asked my client, Jayden, if she would be willing to share her weight loss story and healthy living journey with you today.  She has come a long way in the past year, and she absolutely deserves to be happy and healthy after all of her hard work!  Take it away Jayden!

************************************************************************

Ashley asked me to share my getting fit and healthy/weight loss story on her blog. Since she was a BIG part in my journey I thought I’d be happy to return this small favor!

I’ve always had a hard time losing weight. I felt like I was constantly making an effort to lose weight and I would never see a difference. Soon I would find out that my efforts weren’t exactly up to par. I would try so hard for a week or two then give up for a another week or two, only to find myself feeling bad all over again and then repeating this viscious cycle. This cycle had been going on for about a year. I finally decided that I had had enough! I was so tired of countless efforts only to be discouraged again, so I made a decision about what I was going to do and I followed through. This is when I met Ashley.

[These photos are at the beginning of my journey.]

jayden

jayden2

For Christmas my mom decided she wanted to help me with my efforts. We decided it was time that I signed up with a gym and hired a personal trainer. She bought me a package of five sessions. I was so excited I couldn’t even wait to start! Ashley called me up the next day and we set up an appointment to get started! I learned so much and was trying to take everything in. I thought I would know enough to be on my own after five sessions, but by the time they were over, I wasn’t ready to be done. I wanted to learn more! I ended up buying fifteen more sessions. I was losing weight and feeling SO good! My goal was to lose 20lbs, and by the end of my training I had lost seventeen pounds!! I was ecstatic! I was feeling so good and was so happy about what I had accomplished.

A few months after my training, I found myself falling into old habits and creating new bad habits. I was gaining weight again and I was so down. I felt bad about myself and discouraged. I had gained back seven pounds, and that was way too much for me. I called Ashley right away! She was so sweet and willing to work with me. She offered her personal time and home gym. I was so excited and motivated to get back on track! This time was a little different. It was harder for me. I wasn’t quite as motivated as I was before and it was discouraging. After a lot of heart-to-heart talks and a few tough workouts later, I felt more motivated and was ready to go! I soon lost the weight I had gained back and then lost ten more pounds on top of that! All together I lost twenty-six pounds!

[Twenty-six pounds later… Smile]

jayden3

I have learned so much and I wouldn’t trade it for anything! I have never felt better! I have never eaten healthier and have never been so active. I know this time I will keep it up because I don’t want to lose this feeling that I have worked so hard to achieve. My self esteem has jumped through the roof. My friends and family have told me that I have never looked better or seemed happier than I do now. I feel great on the inside and out!

If I can inspire anyone to get fit by sharing this story, I hope I can! If you’re on your own journey and feeling discouraged don’t give up! You can do it! It takes a lot of self discipline and perseverance but you CAN do it!!! I want to say a big THANK YOU to Ashley for everything she has done for me! I couldn’t have made it this far with out her and her dedication!!

************************************************************************

Isn’t that an awesome story?!  I think Jayden is such an inspiration.  She is a perfect example of how making small healthy lifestyle changes can produce huge results if you stay determined and committed.  Thank you so much for sharing your story with us Jayden! Smile

If you’re at all interested in doing personal training sessions with me, check out my personal training page and/or email me at ashlw0304@yahoo.com!

P.S.  Today is the last day to enter to win a digital food scale and a SlimKicker email consultation with a nutritionist!  Winner will be announced tomorrow morning.  Enter HERE if you haven’t yet!

• Do you have a weight loss/healthy living/fitness journey to tell?  Please share!
  • What has been the biggest hurdle that gets in the way of your health and fitness goals?
  • Who in your life inspires you to live a healthy lifestyle?

Comments

1. Marisa says

That is such an awesome story! I was just wondering what kind of training you did with her. I am in the same boat and am looking for ideas :)

This is such a great story! Jayden looks gorgeous, but most importantly I can see that confidence and love for herself through her words. It makes me so happy that you were able to make such a difference in someone’s life! It sounds like you are an incredible trainer Ashley and have really found your calling! :-)

LOVE this story! Way to go to Jayden for all of her hard work and accomplishments, and way to go Ashley for all of your help in getting her there! I love that she describes how good she feels inside AND out after changing her habits for the better.

Awesome!!! so glad she shared!! That really is the truth of it, i mean struggling – being extra motivated – struggling again, etc
    I think my biggest hurdle with meeting my goals is I am (sadly) easily sidetracked – for example, this week my mother in law is in town and i have been devoting most of my spare time visiting with her and havent had much time to fit in exercise (to compensate I am trying to eat extra super well and go on walks when i can for some sort of exercise). My schedule used to be CRAZY busy and that was always a hurdle for exercise but i somehow fit it in and now that my schedule is only half as busy as then i feel there arent any excuses! :)

That is awesome!! Good for her!! I love hearing stories like that. :)

I think my husband is one person who inspires me to maintain a healthy lifestyle. He has such a good balance of eating foods good for your body but still enjoying life, and he wants us both to be able to stay HEALTHY (not necessarily skinny!) for the rest of our lives. :)

I love reading stories like this! Jayden is a testament to the fact that perseverance pays off! Congrats to her–what an inspiration! And Ashley, you must feel so good about helping clients go above and beyond their goals; equipping them with the knowledge they need to live a healthy lifestyle is such a great thing to be doing! xoxo

I finally decided after 8 straight years of GAINING weight (since wedding day in 2004) that life was too short to live perpetually unhappy, which I was because of my weight and habits. The birth of my daughter motivated me to create a better life for myself and be a better example to her about what it means to live healthily and happily. I have since lost 47 pounds, with another 30 to go! It’s been quite a journey so far, but it’s so exciting to see the lbs. actually coming off.

Wow Jayden looks great!
    The hardest part for me is that I am constantly having to adjust how much I eat. Going from prenancy, to breastfeeding, to niether of those, then cycling back through that again with baby #2, my calorie needs are always changing. Calorie counting would never work for me because right now I eat roughly 4000 but a year ago I was only eating 2500. It also changes on the day depending on how much the baby nurses. I really have to listen to my body’s cues to keep eating the right amount for my bodys current demands.

that would be challenging to constantly be adjusting that! haha i wish i could be eating 4000 cals per day, but i suppose because you’re active and breast feeding, you need those extra calories!

9. Sarah says

WOW! That’s awesome, Jayden!

(And haha, that cardboard guy is an LDS missionary (; I’m guessing you’re LDS, Jayden? That’s cool(: )

-Sarah