A Brazilian Feast

It’s Monday already?!  This weekend went way too fast for my taste.  Most weekends do, but this one in particular seemed to just fly by.  It sure was a good one though.  We didn’t have a ton of plans, but it was the perfect mix of productivity, relaxation, and fun.  After being pretty busy the past couple weekends, both Cody and I were ready for some major down time and catching up with stuff around the house.

One of the few times we did actually leave the house this weekend, we decided to venture over to Tucano’s, a Brazilian steakhouse, for dinner one evening.  It’s a little pricey for our small budget, so we usually only go to this place twice a year – once during the month of September (Cody’s birthday month) and once during the month of March (my birthday month).  We are part of their e-club, so they send us a coupon for a free meal during the month of your birthday.  You may remember reading about our last meal there in September for Cody’s birthday. Smile

[outside of Tucano’s in September ‘10]

If you’ve ever been to a Brazilian steakhouse, you know that it’s easy to eat a lot of food!  They have an unlimited salad bar that is filled with green salad and toppings, pasta salad, bread, sushi rolls, fruit, and the list goes on.  Then on top of that, the meat carvers come around and give you as much meat as you want.  Since I’ve been there a time or two, I’ve learned how not to stuff myself silly.  Because let’s be honest, feeling like you need to be rolled out of a restaurant is never very fun!  Been there, done that!

I started out with a light green salad topped with chopped beets, peas, and mini corns (is there a special name for these little guys?!) that I dressed with balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil.  A couple sushi rolls topped with ginger accompanied my green salad.  Delish!

I’m not a huge red meat lover, so I mostly stuck to the grilled chicken, fish, pineapple, and vegetables that came around.  The grilled pineapple and salmon are my favorites!

IMG_0312 [above: salmon and cod]

IMG_0311[above: pineapple]

I ended with a couple pieces of their fried bananas for a little dessert.  They don’t look like much, but these are so darn good.

We both enjoyed our meals and left happily full!

Oh, and isn’t this water feature cool?!

Make it a GREAT day!

• Have you ever been to a Brazilian style restaurant?
  • What is your favorite kind of meat (i.e. prime rib, salmon, chicken etc.)
  • Do you have a hard time using self control at all-you-can-eat restaurants?

Comments

How fun!! :) And I don’t think those baby corns have an “official” name, but I love them! Have you ever seen the movie “Big” with Tom Hanks? When I was a kid, I would eat my baby corns like he did … pretending like they were corn on the cob haha. I thought I was so cool! ;)

I have never been to a restaurant like this.. but it looks like so much fun! Red meat isn’t my favorite either so what you ordered looked amazing! Salmon, salad, sushi… YUM!

I don’t think “all you can eat” makes a difference for me. Usually when I am out to dinner I can control myself. What my probably is how often I like to eat and after two hours, I want food again! :p

Enjoy your Monday!

Oh sweet lordy, I LOVE me a Brazilian steakhouse trip. I try to take it easy the day of so that I can absolutely enjoy the heck out of every bite. Then again, I am a huge fan of the meat, so it makes sense. They do have a sweet salad bar, though. Less chicken hearts in there.

YAY BIRTHDAY MONTH!

I went to a Brazilian Steakhouse with my family in Myrtle Beach and had a blast! I do really enjoy a portion of meat with my meals and usually stick to chicken or turkey as my choice, but I do eat red meat sometimes and absolutely love a nice piece of filet on occasion. I love baby corn! Ha ha I literally used to eat pickled baby corn like they were potato chips, so good!

That sounds like such a cool restaurant! I’ve never been to a place like that but I’m sure I would love it :). And those bananas look pretty darn tasty. I like so many kinds of meat. I don’t eat red meat too often but I do enjoy it whenever I have it. Hope you have a great Monday pretty lady!

I have enver been to one but my husband has wanted to for a while. Our town doesnt have one though so I guess we need a vacation to a spot with one!
    I have a horrible time stuffing myself silly at all you can eat restaurants and parties/bbqs. I end up eating so much I feel sick. Not sure why I do it, but I am working on it!

I’ve never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, but it sounds like fun!

I definitely have trouble controlling myself at restaurants — especially with dessert. I love sweets, & even if I know I’m getting overly-stuffed, sometimes I just can’t help but finish off my dessert!

Oh my goodness, fried bananas are one of my *favorite* desserts!! So glad you were able to enjoy them! Have you ever tried the banana egg rolls at PF Chang’s? Next time you’re there, save extra room for them–you’ll want to finish the entire plate (and it’s rather large)! :-D

I’ve never been to Tucano’s, but it sounds similar to Fogo de Chao, which is a restaurant I ate at a few years ago! I remember feeling SO full afterwards! It’s hard to resist all of the unlimited delicious food! Filling up on the healthy items–like the delicious pineapple you had (yum!)–is definitely key to enjoying the not-so-healthy items in moderation. :-)

Happy Monday, girl! Hope it’s wonderful! xoxo

I’ve never been to a Brazilian style restaurant but we have one here that I’ve always wanted to try but like you said they are pricey! I think it’s around $50 a person for the one here, and like you, I’m not a huge meat eater so it seems like it’d be kind of a waste- especially on a college student budget! :D

I’ve never been to a Brazillian steakhouse, I’d actually never heard of them until a couple weeks ago! Now I want to try it out! Haha mostly because of the salad bar… I love salad bars, especially if they involve sushi!

I’ve been a Tucano’s only once, but I did love it! And yes it is extremely easy to over stuff yourself there! My favorite was the salmon as well! So delicious! I had way too much necessary for one person! ha

Oh yummy!!! Those little corns are called cornichons (why do I know this???), and I love ‘em, too! I’ve never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, but I imagine it’s hard to control yourself in the same way I have difficulty at the WF salad bar! ;)

Oh my! How cool! I have never been to a Brazilian restaurant! Looks great, sweetie! :)

I love your dress, too by the way :) Cute pictures!!

My favourite protein/meat would be anyyyy seafood :)

my husband absolutely loves it… i call him my little carnivore because he loves meat so much. i’m sure your husband would love it!

I loooove baby corns!! I put them in my stir fry every chance I get!!! I have a VERY hard time at all you can eat restaraunts… hence, why we don’t go often! I have a bad habit of joining the clean plate club. Boo.

I’ve never been to a Brazilian restaurant, yet the food looks amazing! I’m not a big fan of all-you-can eat restaurants because I tend to over eat…..I like to have a bite of every dessert that I see ;)