Trainer Tuesday: Bring On The Circuits Full Body Workout

I recently decided that I need more full body circuit workouts in my life.  I used to do circuit workouts all the time, but then I changed up my workout schedule and my circuit workouts got pushed to the back burner.  I miss them!

Since I started my half marathon training last week, I realized I will only be able to strength train two days each week rather than three like I was before I started training.  I’m kind of bummed about this, but I also recognize that training for a long distance race means more running and less weights.  Besides, I think it’ll be good to challenge my body in a new way.  It was time to switch things up again anyways!

I like to work the same muscles at least twice a week.  For the last few months I was doing an upper body weights day, a lower body weights day, and then a full body weights day.  Since most weeks I’ll only be lifting weights twice a week up until my half marathon, I thought full body circuit workouts would be the way to go while I’m training.

Circuit workouts are often quick, challenging, and work multiple muscles at once.  I’m all about multi-tasking so let’s bring on the circuits!

[Please consult your doctor or physician before beginning any new workout program.  Also ensure that you warm up and cool down before and after your workout!]

bringonthecircuits

You know you’re excited for those bear crawls, jumping lunges, and mountain climbers. Winking smile

Let me know if you have any questions regarding any of the above exercises, circuit workouts in general, or anything else random you feel like asking!

Speaking of questions, I plan to do a “FAQ” page on the blog at some point in the near future.  I have several questions that many readers have asked me, so I thought it’d be a good idea to put them all in one central location.  If you have anything else you’d like to ask me, please send your questions to ashlw0304@yahoo.com or you can ask them in the comment section below.  The sky is the limit, so ask away!

• Do you like circuit workouts?  Why or why not?
  • How often do you incorporate circuit workouts into your fitness routine?

Comments

I have a love/hate relationship with circuit training! Lol I find this kind of exercise very tough, but I agree with you that it’s great to mix up our work outs and challenge our bodies! Sometimes though I find that I get really light headed though while circuit training, especially when doing up-down motions like burpees, frog jumps, or jumping lunges.

Ahhhhh I HATE bear crawls! Haha maybe it’s because of my weak upper body… I like circuit workouts like this one, which are split up. I’m not a fan of doing one big circuit over and over, I need to break things up to keep my mind focused!

Loving the circuit workout and of course I’m excited about those moves. Totally ones the boys can do with me. :) He he. I’m excited for you and your upcoming half marathon! Yipee!!!

Circuit workouts are definitely my favorite form of fitness! I love feeling like I’ve used every major muscle group in my body. :) And I absolutely LOVE feeling sore too, because I know that means I’m making progress! I just bookmarked this workout because I know once I’m finished with LiveFit, I’m going to be looking for ways to mix up my routine.

Have a fabulous Tuesday, girl! xoxo

5. Linz @ Itz Linz says

I like circuits for the total body workout. Recently I’ve been doing the livefit program so I have only been focusing on one muscle group… I’m excited for a change once this program is over in a few weeks

Great workout!! My favourite strength training workout are definitely full body workouts with plyos in between, I love them as weird as that is! ;)

I absolutely love circuit training especially in the comfort of my home. The Firm has some great circuit training DVDs, btw. I try to circuit/strength train 3x per week.

Thanks for your workout plan. I’m training for a 5k and I know it will help!