Friday [Recipe] Favorites

Holy cow, you all are just the BEST!  Thank you so much for all of your encouraging and heartfelt comments yesterday.  Your support and kindness makes this hard time much easier to deal with, and I appreciate it more than you know!  Through all of the comments and emails I’ve received, it’s incredible to me that so many women are dealing with this same thing.  Although it is refreshing to know I am not alone, I only hope the best for everyone that is experiencing similar issues.  I also encourage you to go to your doctor and do what is best for your body.  Never hesitate to email me if you need some support and encouragement.  I’m always here! Winking smile

—————————————————————————————————————————-

Today I wanted to do something I haven’t done in awhile – a Friday Favorites post!  Last time I featured some of my favorite blog posts, and this time around I want to feature some of my favorite recipes I’ve recently found around the the blog-o-sphere.

All of the below featured recipes are recipes that I’ve already tried myself.  I tweaked a few of them to work with the ingredients I had on hand, but most of them I stuck to the exact recipe.

Raw Protein Energy Balls

by Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile

These tasted like peanut butter cookie dough to me!  I loved them for an easy on-the-go snack or for a pre-workout snack.  They are super easy to make too!

recipe_image[2]

[photo by Brittany]

Garlic Parmesan Pesto Chicken Casserole

by Janetha @ Meals & Moves

This didn’t taste at all like your traditional “casserole”.  I thought of it more as a baked pasta dish, and it was absolutely incredible!  My husband loved it too.  We also had leftovers which made for a great lunch the next day.

[photo by Janetha]

Greatest Pizza Dough Ever

by Annette @ Fitness Perks

I will never buy store-bought pizza dough again after making this incredibly easy, healthy, and delicious homemade pizza dough.  It is a new favorite in our house, and now my husband requests homemade pizza almost every week!

Protein Cookie Dough

by Kristin @ STUFT Mama

I’ve been eating this stuff consistently for the past few weeks after I first discovered it.  It’s great for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or a dessert!  I can’t get enough!

Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse

by Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers

I used regular cocoa powder instead of dark chocolate cocoa powder and used stevia instead of honey since I didn’t have any honey on hand.  My version still turned out excellent!  I was a little worried I would taste the avocado, but it was completely disguised and tasted like a rich and creamy chocolate dessert.  I topped mine with a little peanut butter too.  Rich and decadent!

[My photo totally doesn’t do it justice!]

Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

by Gina @ Running to the Kitchen

I already featured these in a previous post, but I had to mention them again because they’re THAT good!  I love that I don’t have to blend or process the ingredients, which makes for an easy and quick pancake breakfast.  They also keep me satisfied for hours which is a huge “must” for me when it comes to my breakfast choices.

I hope you’re able to try at least one of these wonderful recipes in the next week!  Enjoy your Friday! Smile

• Where do you get most of your recipes from?  Blogs, cookbooks, recipe websites, etc.?
  • What are some of your favorite recipes you’ve found from blogs?

Comments

• says

I love love LOVE those pancakes! I was totally planning on a quick and easy yogurt bowl for breakfast this morning but during my run I got the biggest craving for these and I’m so glad I gave in because they were amazing :D

yessss! i’m SO glad you introduced it to me. cody is quite happy too! pizza is one of his top favorite foods. :)

I was behind on my blog reading yesterday and missed your post until just now. You are so strong for opening up on such a personal topic – I know your posts are helping so many people who might be experiencing some of the same things. It sounds like you’re doing everything you can to get your body where it needs to be a mother (and you will be an AMAZING one!). My thoughts and prayers are with you, girl :-)

P.S. Love these recipes – I still want to try the chocolate avocado mousse!

2. Rebekah says

I am going to try that pizza dough. I usually buy my dough at Trader Joes, but you make it sounds so easy and good, I will give it a shot! Love this post with the different favorites!
    I love reading blogs for recipes. I try to seek out healthier recipes to try and blogs like yours and the others that you link are so awesome and helpful. I also use websites and have cookbooks, but I find that duringthe hours I am at work, I go to blogs more then anything.

i found yeast on the aisle with flour, sugar, etc. at walmart! it’s super cheap too. it usually comes in little packets. i usually cut annette’s recipe in half and only make two pizzas since my husband eats a ton of food, and then we have some to put in the fridge for leftovers. i’m sure you could freeze it if you make the whole thing though!

Most things I cook come from my head since I’m generally throwing stuff together, but I get a ton of recipes from websites like Better Homes and Gardens, Eat Better America, and a couple others. I also get some from blogs, and my main fav is Oh She Glows. I never buy cookbooks since there’s so much free info online!

I used to love looking through cookbooks with my mom growing up but now I just use blogs or recipe websites because there are so many (free) and amazing recipes there! I still really need to try that protein cookie dough, it’s been on my mind for a while now :)

Oh my lordddd so many tasty recipes on here! I want to try the pizza dough for sure and also Stuft Mama’s Protein Cookie Dough recipe, it looks glorious! The pumpkin protein pancakes are a must try too! Thanks for the links Ashley, these are all saved :)

I also get so many of my recipes off others blogs! They also have great ones! I’m not creative when it comes to making up my own recipes haha
    I’ve tried Brittany’s energy balls before! They are so delicious! I’ve got to try that protein cookie dough you always talk about though!

Just saw on twitter you’re getting a pedicure! :) How fun! Hope you have a great relaxing time!!! :)

I love the roundup of recipes! I am going to try that protein cookie dough although i wonder if it would work without the protein powder? I know that kind of takes the protein part out of it but the pb2 still has a decent amount in it. Maybe extra of that? I am weary of protein powders, especially while breastfeeding. And I have yet to find one that doesnt taste chemically.

oh i’m sure you could definitely use extra PB2 or flour in place of the protein powder. if you do, i’d probably add a little bit of sweetener (honey, brown sugar, etc) to add some sweetness.

Everything looks so good – I haven’t actually *cooked* something since last year – I’ve just been so busy with work and school that if it isn’t microwaveable or a salad, I don’t do it! Crazy! I can’t wait to get back to cooking again!

I love recipe round-ups like this! Thanks for sharing, girl! The avocado on top of the “perfect pizza dough” is definitely calling my name. Need to try that this weekend. :-)

I get almost all of my recipe inspiration from blogs! Often I’ll see something that looks good and think, “hmm, I bet that would be really good with such and such an ingredient!” There are so many fantastic recourses out there…sometimes I get overwhelmed because every blog I visit has a new recipe I want to try! Occasionally I’ll also thumb through an old cookbook…It’s fun to see what types of dishes were popular 15, 20…100 years ago.

Happy weekend! xoxo <3
    p.s. I want to go back and read yesterday's post, but it's super late here and I'm literally falling asleep, so I'll do it in the morning. :)