I don’t know about you guys, but April totally snuck up on me! March flew by! I swear I say that every month as I get older, but it truly does seem like the weeks and months just go by faster and faster as time goes on.
If you’ve been reading for awhile, you know that I like to make a few food and fitness goals at the beginning of each month to help me stay on track and not fall into a “slump”. I’ve said this before, but I’m a huge advocate of setting goals! If you ever need help setting your own goals, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me. I’m here to help!
- We haven’t been buying soy milk anymore, so I haven’t even been tempted with it.
- I’ve been eating healthy fats in the form of avocados, nuts, and nut butter like they’re going out of style. No problems there.
- I’ve gotten in the habit of taking my flaxseed oil pill with my multivitamin each morning with breakfast, and then again after dinner with my calcium “chocolate”.
- I’m still eating my fruits and veggies like crazy. I love them too much not to!
- I think there were a couple days in there that I had an extra cup of coffee, but I was proud of myself for keeping my caffeinated beverages at a minimum.
- As you probably noticed, I’ve kept at the blogging only once a day. It’s working much better for me for the time being!
- I still am working on trying to get to bed at a better time. However, now that I’m slowing down on the exercise front, I’ve been able to wake up a little later than normal which makes for a longer night of sleep. My body is loving it!
- There’s been a day here and there that I realized I hadn’t started my morning with my devotions, so I made sure to get it in later on in the day. It’s becoming more of a habit to do it first thing in the morning though, which is what I like.
- I’ve been doing yoga more lately, and I’ve really been enjoying it! I hope to try out a yoga class at my gym this week too.
Ok, now on to my April goals! I still plan on sticking to my above goals as well, but below are a few more I’d like to work toward this month.
Goal #1: Eat at least 1800-2000 calories per day.
I talked about exercising less and eating more last week. Without my usual high intensity workouts, this seems like a lot to me, but I know my body needs the extra calories to repair what is “broken”.
Goal #2: Try out at least two new lower intensity fitness classes at my gym.
I’ve only tried high intensity spin or boot camp/circuit classes at my gym so far, so I’d really like to try out some new-to-me classes that are lower intensity. I’m thinking yoga, Zumba, or maybe water aerobics?
Goal #3: Truly enjoy some of the foods that I used to “restrict” myself from.
Through some of the lifestyle changes I’m making, I also want to focus on being a little more “laxed” when it comes to my diet. I’m not saying go balls-to-the wall crazy, but enjoy a piece (or two) of real cheese pizza if I feel like and enjoy it rather than feeling guilty about it.
Goal #4: Find a new hiking trail and try it out!
We are blessed with a ton of hiking trails surrounding us, so Cody and I have talked about making sure we take advantage of them this summer. We’ve already been on quite a few, but there’s so many more we have yet to try out!
Goal #5: Don’t stress eat!
When I get stressed and/or anxious, I find myself wanting to reach for food for comfort. This is something that I’ve improved tremendously on over the past couple years, but I’ve found myself slipping back into it lately. It needs to stop!
I’m really looking forward to working at these goals this month! Wish me luck! Hope your first week of April is off to a great start!
- What are some of your current health, fitness, eating, etc. goals?
- Are there any foods that you “restrict” yourself from?
- How do you deal with stress in your life?