Happy Thursday to you!
Within the last few weeks, I’ve learned a lot. I’ve learned a lot about my body, a lot about my priorities, a lot about my relationships, a lot about my health, and a lot about life in general. That’s quite a bit of learning within only a few weeks, eh?! Within all of that, I’ve learned that there’s so much more to life than what I was prioritizing before my recent wake up call.
There Is More To Life Than…
1) Getting my workout in for the day.
2) Ensuring that my workout burns plenty of calories.
3) Making sure I only eat ‘x’ amount of calories.
4) Worrying about that extra spoonful or two of nut butter I ate straight from the jar.
5) Thinking about which workout I’m going to do the next day.
6) Wondering what “low-cal item” I can find on the menu when we go out to eat (rather than just ordering what my body is truly craving).
7) That stupid number that shows up on the scale.
8 ) Fitting into a certain size pants.
9) Looking like the supermodel or ripped athlete on Pinterest.
[click on photos for original source]
10) Stressing about a little cellulite on your legs or junk in your trunk. We’re WOMEN for heaven’s sake – we’re supposed to have some fat and curves!
11) Making sure my arms, legs, abs, butt, etc., etc. are perfectly toned.
12) Getting that next PR!
This is NOT to say that I am advocating that you go stuff yourself silly with cupcakes and never do a workout again in your life. Heck to the no! I’m all about fueling your body properly and exercising. However, there is a fine line between recognizing what is beneficial for us and what is damaging to us.
It’s been so nice not having to stress about the few hundred extra calories I may have consumed or worrying about how I’m going to fit in my workout for the day. I hope you are able to remember that there is more to life than these things too!
- Do you ever find yourself worrying about any of the above things I mentioned?
- Now it’s your turn! Finish the sentence: There’s more to life than ____________.