WIAW #30: A Lazy Day

Holy moly!  I can’t believe I’m already on #30 of my WIAW posts!  Sheesh, time flies when you’re having fun, eh? Winking smile  If you want to learn more about WIAW (What I Ate Wednesday), head on over to Jenn’s fabulous blog to check it out.

Peas and Crayons

Once again, today’s WIAW post covers yesterday’s eats and events.  I’ll tell you straight up, yesterday was a pretty lazy day.  I could’ve made it more eventful, but I chose for it to be lazy and more laid back.  I was content with it though.  I woke up feeling like I was starting to get a little sick.  My nose was plugged, and my chest felt heavy.  Needless to say, a lazy day was just what the doctor ordered.  It was rainy and dreary most of the day which helped me feel even more content with my laziness.

I did do a few productive things: emptied the dishwasher, vacuumed, started on laundry (still in progress), did a half hour pilates video from Blogilates (holy burn!), and worked on some blog stuff.  Other than that, there was some reading, watching old One Tree Hill episodes on Netflix, and a little baking involved in the day.

Of course I ate some good food too. Winking smile  Let’s take a look!

breakfast – 6:30 AM

“PB & J Custard Oats”

1/3 C. oats, large egg, 1/2 T. chia seeds, and half of a banana whisked and cooked on the stovetop until thick.  Topped with a blob of peanut butter and blackberry jelly.  This might just be my new favorite version of “custard oats”.

mid morning snack – 9:30 AM

STUFT Mama’s Fudgy Protein Cookie Dough

I was a little disappointed because I think I added too much vanilla stevia to it.  I topped it with peanut butter (of course), and only ended up eating the peanut butter and about half of the protein cookie dough.  I hope next time I’ll have better success with it because I LOVE the original version of this protein cookie dough!  It all ended up being fine though because this ended up being a lot bigger than I initially realized, and I wasn’t super hungry at the time.

lunch – 12:30 PM

1/2 smashed avocado + garlic powder + salt + fried egg + melty cheese on top of whole wheat toast

Oh.my.goodness.  This is my new favorite open faced sandwich.  These flavors were perfect together and packed a ton of healthy fats too!

An orange was eaten afterward.  It was juicy and delicious, but was a pain to peel.

mid afternoon snack #1 – 2:00 PM

Peanut Butter Trail Mix Fudge Bar

I used Averie’s recipe as a base, but made quite a few modifications since I didn’t have her ingredients which made my version quite a bit different.

Ingredients:

1/2 C. sugar free maple syrup

1/2 C. all natural crunchy peanut butter

1/3 C. vanilla whey protein powder

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 C. chopped salted roasted almonds (or any nut)

1/4 C. NatureBox Zingy Currants (or any dried fruit)

Directions:

Heat maple syrup on stove right up until it’s about to boil, but do not let it boil.  Turn off heat.  Add peanut butter and stir until smooth.  Add protein powder and vanilla.  Stir until mixed together.  Add nuts and dried fruit.  Mix all together.  Pour mixture into a 4” x 6” pan or tupperware and put in freezer for about an hour or until hardened.  Enjoy! (Makes 6 squares)

I tried out one of these bars (turned out great!) and had a glass of milk with it on the side for my first afternoon snack.

mid afternoon snack #2 – 4:30 PM

Mug of Barbara’s Peanut Butter Puffins with milk (x2)

This cereal is so darn addicting!  I planned on having only one mug, but of course I had to go back for another.

dinner – 6:30 PM

Grilled salmon, grilled sweet potatoes, and broccoli

This was such an easy meal to make and clean up!  Double score!

evening dessert – 8:30 PM

Cookies ‘N’ Cream ice cream with a blob of peanut butter stirred in

This has been my favorite dessert as of lately!  Yummm.

I feel like I’m constantly eating lately, but I don’t mind!  To ensure that I’m getting an adequate number of calories, I’d much rather eat several smaller meals than a few HUGE ones that make me feel stuffed afterwards.

Great article & something to think about: Do I Need 2500 Calories?

Make it an AWESOME day!

• When you have a lazy day, what are some of your favorite lazy things to do?
  • What has been one of your favorite things to eat lately?

Comments

I usually read blogs or books and bake on lazy days :)
    Peanut butter and avocados for sure. I have been adding peanut butter to everything and loving it. I am also eating one avocado in two days in every way possible, my favorite is all smashed my on toast. Got to get in those healthy fats :)

Love the lunch idea with the avocado!! :) How have things been going for you recently? I’m still thinking about you a lot!

I might have a semi-lazy day today, actually. It’s rainy and gross out, so I think a cup of tea and a book is in order!

Favorite thing to eat as of recently, cottage cheese with any kind of fruit+sugar+cinnamon! Favorite lazy thing to do…read blogs of course!!

Good job with the healthy fats! You’re doing great!!

On lazy days, I like to catch up with my DVR, do a little laundry, read a book . . . maybe some baking? Sometimes, it’s just what the doctor ordered!

Turkey or egg sandwiches with cheese and jam are kind of my favorite things to eat right now.. I think I’d be fine with just the cheese and jam combo, but I always feel the need to make it into a meal, you know? Haha :)

As for my favorite thing to do on a lazy day? Read blogs.. I do that a lot when Im supposed to be doing something else, too, but the blogosphere just always seems to be calling my name! :P

I browse grocery stores/health food markets slowly when I have days off and read.

The egg/mashed avocado thing is the best! I ate it for lunch or bfast also with an orange multiple times a week all through out march! Put it on sprouted millet or wheatberry toast and it will change your life.

I love having lazy days. Sometimes its nice to just lay back and not worry about life. I love avocado on toast too! So delicious. I’m loving all the PB in your food, healthy fats are the best. Hope your feeling a bit better today!

Peanut Butter Trail Mix Fudge Bar?! Oh my! Sounds like heaven!
    That egg sandwich looks delicious too!
    I’m the same way! I like smaller meals more frequently then a few large meals. I hate that overly full feeling after big meals, I just like that comfortably full! haha

YUm yum. Everything looks good. I hope you have better success with the fudgy cookie dough next time too. I promise it’s juts as good as the other version. Shoot. Maybe I should brign you some in person. LOL. ;) I’m glad you had a LAZY day! Here’s to more of those in your future friend. :)

I feel like I am always eating, too but I always smile and tell myself that I should be thankful that I get to eat this much :D

Isn’t avocado smashed on toast the best thing in the world!? :D

I love lazy days – I have at least one (or maybe half of one) per week on average :-) I love to edit photos and scrapbook. Then I always end up looking back through past photos and reminiscing. I love it!

P.S. Checking out blogilates now!

Girl, I know what it’s like to feel as though you’re constantly eating! That’s how my days have been lately too! It’s more fun though, right!? And I completely agree that the key to getting adequate calories is eating lots of small meals throughout the day. :-D

I’m loving that peanut butter fudge trail mix bar! Definitely making a batch later this week or next! And peanut butter stirred into cookies n’ cream ice cream may be one of the best ideas ever! Oh. My. Goodness. I can’t wait for this one…it will happen tomorrow!

xoxo <3