Healthy Living Survey

I found this fun little Healthy Living Survey from Running Around Normal the other day.  I still have a little junior higher in me that loves filling out surveys, so obviously I’m posting it. Winking smile  Feel free to play along!

1.  What did you eat for breakfast?

Kodiak Cakes with 1/2 of a smashed banana mixed into the batter topped with peanut butter and warm maple syrup.

IMG_1904

And yes, this is a recycled photo.  I promise my breakfast this morning looked almost identical though.  I’ve been in love with these pancakes recently!

2.  How much water do you drink each day?

I don’t count ounces or anything like that, but I have at least one full (~12 oz.) glass of water with each meal and snack I eat, which is a total of about 6 times per day.  I sip on a big cup of water at my desk throughout the day too.  I <3 water!

3.  What is your current favorite workout?

Walking the pups!  The weather has been gorgeous out the last couple weeks, so I’ve been taking full advantage of it.  They’re loving it too.  It’s interesting how I used to think of walking as hardly a “workout”.  Now it’s pretty much the extent of my workouts along with yoga and pilates!  My perspective has definitely changed. Winking smile

4.  How many calories do you eat each day?

Currently between 2000-2500 calories per day.

5.  What are your favorite healthy snacks?

• Almonds + raisins (thank you Chelsey Winking smile)
  • Banana smothered in peanut butter
  • Greek yogurt with fruit and/or granola
  • Peanut Butter Puffins

6.  What do you usually eat for lunch?

This totally depends on my day and what I’m feelin’!  If I have lunch at home, my lunch might look something like this.  If I bring my lunch to work, it will most likely look more like this.

7.  What is your favorite body part to train?

Tough question!  I would have to say my hamstrings.

8.  What is your least favorite body part to train?

Triceps!  I always find them so challenging!

9. What are your “bad” food cravings?

I’m learning not to put food in a “bad” category, but I’ll answer this question in terms of cravings I have that are often times considered junk food.  If I have cravings, they’re almost always for something sweet.  I crave ice cream a lot!  Oh, and cookie dough.  Can’t forget the cookie dough.

10.  Do you take vitamins or supplements?

I take a multivitamin and flaxseed oil pill (omega-3’s!) with breakfast, and I take a calcium chew and another flaxseed oil pill after dinner.  I don’t use supplements much other than whey protein powder every once in awhile.

11.  How often do you eat out?

We don’t eat out nearly as much as we used to.  After we realized how much eating out can add up, we cut back a lot.  We will go out to eat once every 2-3 weeks.  We DO go out for frozen yogurt or ice cream probably once a week though. Winking smile

12.   Do you eat fast food?

Rarely.  I never crave it, and my stomach hates it.  The closest to fast food I’ll get is Subway or Chipotle.  I’ll totally go for a DQ Blizzard or McDonalds McFlurry though…  There’s no passing those up!

13.  Who is your biggest supporter?

Cody and my mom are definitely my biggest fans.  They cheer me along through it all – the good, the bad, the ugly.  Love them to pieces!

73575_1543354456659_1018890023_1506274_2396470_n[1]

197417_1002471494923_1018890023_9443_9746_n[1]

14.  Do you have a gym membership?

Not anymore.  I just cancelled it this month because I felt like I wasn’t getting much use out of it at this point in my life.  The great outdoors and my living room floor have been where my workouts have taken place lately.

15.  How many hours of sleep do you get each night?

I shoot for 8 hours, which helps me feel my best.  Sometimes it’s more like 7 or 7.5 hours though.  I definitely need my sleep though!

16.  Do you have a “cheat” day?

No, no, no!  If you would’ve asked me this a few years ago, I would’ve said yes, but my eating habits have changed for the better since then.  I eat healthy most of the time with a few treats and indulgences thrown in there from time to time.

17.  Do you drink alcohol?

Every once in awhile, but not often.  I love a glass of wine sometimes, but I dislike most beer.  I don’t like the price tag on alcohol so we don’t buy it much.

18.  Do you have a workout buddy?

Nope, unless you include our dogs. Winking smile  I usually enjoy doing my workouts on my own.  It’s my “me time”.

19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?

Inspiring others to make positive and healthy changes in their lives.  Hearing that just makes my day!

20.  What was the last healthy thing you did?

I did a yoga video!  It was awesome.

• Answer a few of the above questions!
  • How are YOU living out a healthy lifestyle today?

Comments

My least favorite body part to work is my abs! I think it is because it my weakest muscle in my body and it’s a lot easier or me to build up strength in my arms and legs than it is in my abs. Breakfast this morning consisted of two slices of sourdough, two eggs, and a slice of thin provolone. ‘Twas delicious! :-)

I hate working my abs! Favorite body part would be my arms :) today I’m going to eat healthy and head to the gym after work.

My breakfast today was overnight oats with raisins, pecans, hemp, peanut butter and fresh strawberries. Soo good! Might need to make it again for tomorrow.
    Healthy snacks – plain Greek yogurt and peanut butter or energy balls (dates, almonds and dark chocolate combo is my fav!)
    I eat out once a week, twice if you count Starbucks dates, we go on one every Saturday morning.
    Yes, no cheat day! I just eat everything in moderation.

Gym membership – yes, just because it’s free now that I’m working at Lifetime Fitness. ;) I haven’t actually used it yet, though haha. I just got my card last Thursday, and it’s been a busy week!

Hours of sleep – I definitely try to get 8. I don’t do well with much less!

How often do you eat out – I agree with you on this one. It can get definitely add up. So we try to limit it to just a couple of times a month, but it also depends on if we’re hanging out with friends or not. If friends want to meet up, that’s tough to turn down!

lol! i know, right?! that’s exactly what i said to cody… i don’t remember them normally doing that, so i guess we just got a good Blizzard-maker. ;)

Triceps are my least favorite body part to work too, probably followed by my biceps. Mostly because these are 2 of my weaker muscles, so it’s so HARD! haha. But Abs are probably my favorite – my weekly core class is hands down my favorite class to go to!

In terms of sleep, I’m LUCKY if I get 6. The joys of having a fiance still on a college schedule of going to bed at 2am and waking up at 10. He keeps me up late on skype, and then I still have to get up for work in the morning!

4) I have no idea how many calories I eat each day b/c I DON’T COUNT. I know, I’m weird… but I find I do better just going with the flow and focusing on eating healthy stuff in good portions, not counting every calorie/bite/point. I’ve lost 50+ pounds so far without counting!!
    8) TOTALLY the same!! Triceps are killer!! I usually have to stop waaaay before that particular exercise is “done”… ha. And then I’m grabbing the back of my arms and making grimacing faces for the next 48 hours or so!!
    16) No “cheat” day… just choose healthy things most of the time. Although, maybe you would count my new Friday night tradition – “PIZZA NIGHT!!” as a cheat :)

I guess I still have a little junior high left in me too. Surveys are a great way for people to get to know each other on blogs. I cancalled my gym membership last month because I am getting a discount at a different gym starting on the 15th! They’re so expensive otherwise!

LOVE this :). It’s amazing how much we have in common! I love that “sexy little bride” tank you have on! I can’t wait to get something like that for the honeymoon haha. My current favorite snack is cottage cheese mixed with a chopped up apple and topped with cinnamon! It’s amazing <3

Love reading these! I should try and do more yoga. I also do not have a gym membership! I only go to the gym if I do a spin class, but other than that I don’t feel like I need one. Best decision I’ve made.

I drink water all day long too! I have a 20z bottle that I just refill and sip on during the day. Then its water with dinner every night.

I also hate training my triceps! Mine are so weak cause I hate the exercises that work them out. I don’t find them fun haha. I love working out the rest of my arms though because I really feel the burn!

My workouts are only consisting of walking and pilates and yoga as well. Its amazing i still feel good, but Im not killing myself to workout constantly like I used to. Im slowly seeing results in the gaining weight department and slowly but surely being able to accept it.

This was so fun! I loved it! I can never turn down a frozen yogurt outing! My boyfriend will say he wants to take me out on a date, I always suggest saving our money, making dinner and then just going out for frozen yogurt! ha I love it! We usually have to go once a week too! It’s in walking distance of our house…so I try use the excuse and say let’s walk there for some fitness! ha

Hey Ashley! So I just thought I would pass along my favorite little treat lately. Its not really a recipe, I just throw it together depending on how much I want to make. I usually eat it as a dip, but it’s also great as a spread, or even just on its own.
    Mix together: a couple spoonfuls of plain Greek yogurt, a tbsp or two or peanut butter (or prob any nut butter!), drizzle on a little honey, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Then just mix it up! Apples are my favorite to dip with. Or, if I eat it on its own, I sprinkle in some chia seeds! It’s super filling! And full of protein. :).
    Try it someday! I think you would like it!

that sounds so good! i will definitely give that a try. thanks for sharing! hope you’re doing well keri! :)

What a great survey this is Ashley and one I must do myself in the future! I really enjoyed your answers to them too… lots of honesty, love it! I like that you are not trying to say a particular food is “bad” that is something I am getting away from as well
    And yeah, triceps are a bummer to work, women’s usually are weaker than men’s unfortunately!

You are too cute! I love your pictures!

I would say hamstrings are one of my least favorites, and triceps are one of my favorites haha. I don’t dislike the hamstring work, but after I do something as simple as one set of deadlifts, my hammies will be sore for a week (which is not that much when teaching zumba lol). I guess I should stretch and foam roll more. :)