A Celebration Dinner

Last night Cody and I went out for a celebration dinner in honor of all of his hard work lately and gaining a huge new customer that he’s been working on for awhile.  The last couple weeks he’s been working 12-14 hour days, so he deserved a special dinner in honor of him.

I told him the restaurant location was up to him, so he decided on Market Street Grill, a little bit higher end Utah native restaurant that is known for their fish and seafood entrees.  It was actually the first time we had ever been there, but we have always heard rave reviews on it ever since we moved to Utah.

I was excited to get all “fancied up” since we don’t usually go out to super nice restaurants.

I made reservations ahead of time, so we didn’t have to wait to be seated which made the experience even better!

I started out with a piece of their fresh bread with butter (added after I took the photo), which I chowed down because I was getting super hungry at that point.

I had such a difficult time deciding what I wanted.  Everything looked so good!  I absolutely love seafood so when presented with a bunch of options, it’s quite the challenge for me to decide.  Our waiter recommended the “Stuffed Salmon” which was salmon stuffed with cream cheese and artichokes and topped with seasoned bread crumbs.  Um, yes please!

Our entrees each came with a salad or soup of choice, so I went with the spinach salad.  It was a very simple salad tossed in a avocado blue cheese dressing.

Next came our entrees which were the highlight of the evening!  This was easily one of the best salmon entrees I’ve ever had.  It came with steamed broccoli and garlic potatoes.  I ate all of my broccoli and potatoes, and about 2/3 of my salmon fillet.  Cody helped finish the rest.

After our bellies were filled to the brim, we decided to walk over to the new outdoor mall, City Creek Center, they just opened up right in the middle of downtown Salt Lake City.  We were only a couple blocks away so we thought it’d be fun to see what it was all about.

City Creek Center was absolutely gorgeous!  Not to mention they had some of my favorite stores – LOFT, H & M, Gap, Banana Republic, Forever 21.  I could’ve walked around there forever.  Cody wasn’t really game to do any shopping, so we just walked around and enjoyed the sights.

Downtown Salt Lake is such a fun place to be!  I told Cody we are definitely coming back regularly throughout the summer.

And if any of you lovely gals would like to come to Salt Lake to go shopping at City Creek Center, I’d be all about it! Winking smile

We finished the evening with some frozen yogurt of course!  I got peanut butter and vanilla frozen yogurt topped with Reese’s Peanut Butter chunks, Butterfinger crumbles, and some hot fudge.

By the time we got home, I was ready to face plant into bed after a fun filled evening!

• Do you like seafood?  If so, what is one of your favorite seafood/fish dishes?
  • Do you ever explore the downtown area where you live?
  • What are some of your favorite stores to shop at?

Comments

Girl, you are BEAUTIFUL! I am incredibly jealous of your beachy waves. :)

I love all seafood, and if we could afford it, we would eat seafood every single day.

I’ll be happy to come visit you in Salt Lake and go shopping! Congrats to Cody!

thanks girl! ohh yes, i LOVE seafood too. you should come out and eat seafood with me and go shopping! wouldn’t that be wonderful?!?! ;)

Wow that mall looks INCREDIBLE. So pretty! If I lived anywhere CLOSE to Salt Lake I’d be there in a heart beat with you ;) That fro-yo also looks delicious!

My favourite sea food is salmon :) I’m allergic to shellfish, so I’m pretty limited in my seafood options.

My favourite stores are Artizia (Canadian company), H&M, Zara, Club Monaco, & Mendicino.

It’s Saturday! Yay!! Um, yeah, there are no strip malls where I live. :) I have to drive about 40 minutes to get to one. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

Looks like an amazing night with delicious food and wonderful people. That little mall is beautiful, I love the hanging lights. I love all seafood so I am always looking for seafood on menus when I go out.

I love seafood! I always used to choose lobster as my favorite, but I think I’ve come to love scallops even more! When they are cooked perfectly, they are absolutely delicious.

That shopping area looks really cute. It reminds me of a huge outlet area near me that is actually really nice to just walk around (shopping is an added bonus!).

LOFT is by far my favorite store. I’d my wardrobe is dominated by LOFT & random Target brands!

i just recently discovered how much i love LOFT… i wanted everything i saw when i went in there!

downtown st louis is not that awesome… besides busch stadium, of course! there is always talk about putting shopping in down there, but it hasn’t happened yet! boo!

Oh my goodness I love seafood so much I can totally relate to how you feel when trying to decide! I was just in Barbados and their menus there are just filled with unique seafood options! It was always a hard choice! But I think you made a great choice! I haven’t had stuffed salmon before and that sounds delicious!

So happy to hear you had a nice celebration dinner with Cody :) xo

i’m jealous you got to go to that concert!! a bunch of our friends from church went, and they said it was awesome.

oh i’d LOVE that! i need a shopping partner! we were going to get ice cream at Farr’s at City Creek, but then realized it wasn’t open yet. we ended up stopping at a fro-yo place by our house called Yogurt Bliss.

You look gorgeous! I looove seafood. I love practically anything from grouper, to salmon, to shrimp, and definitely 100% SCALLOPS. So yummy, I’m craving some now!
    I love the downtown area around here. I’m always over there!

Looks like such a fun night. Loving your outfit. You’re so cute all dressed up! :) would love to come out and go shopping. He he. Hope you’re enjoying the rest of your weekend.

I would LOVE to join you in Salt Lake for a shopping outing at City Creek! I’m actually going to be home in Boise for six weeks this summer, so maybe I’ll jump down for a little weekend trip. It would be so fun to meet you!! <3

Congrats to Cody; what a huge accomplishment! And girl, you're glowing! I love the wavy hair!

Seafood is my go-to order when I'm at restaurants. Chefs take it to another level that I'm just not capable of reaching in my own kitchen. ;) My favorites are ahi tuna, mahi mahi, scallops and grilled shrimp! xoxo

11. Chelsea says

Salmon is my favorite! I could eat it every day! Its the one fish that I think tastes so delicious just by itself with a squeeze of lemon juice. Its so yummy. Sounds like you had a fun night!! :)