Healthy Living Pins

Hi friends!  I hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend!  Today I wanted to share some pins I’ve found from Pinterest that relate to healthy living.  When I say “healthy living”, I mean all of the aspects that surround a healthy life.  This includes eating well, exercising, resting, embracing your body, and taking care of yourself.  I hope some of the below pins will be good reminders to you as you seek out to live a healthy life!

Pinned Image

[Click on the photos above for their original source or you can find them on my Pinterest page.]

Go do something good for yourself today!  Cook a healthy meal, go for a walk, ditch that diet, take a nap… Listen to what your body needs and wants from you.

• Did any of the above pins stick out to you?
  • What do you struggle most with while trying to lead a healthy lifestyle?

Comments

1. Daybelis says

The one that sticks to me the most is the word for the acronym letter r. I never believed in resting and now thankfully I understand that it is necessary in order to keep on working hard. I took this entire week off from training and instead relaxed, stretched and did some gentle yoga and I feel renovated:)

Several things stick out. First of all, I agree about the 30% gym, 70% diet thing … although I’m not someone who cares enough about my abs to eliminate all sugars, white carbs, etc, I DO think that what you eat is the biggest factor in weight/health. Yes, exercise is important in its own right. But some people seem to think that if they walk on a treadmill for 30 minutes, they can eat whatever they want … and then they can’t understand why they keep gaining weight. ;)

And I just like the ones that talk about eating healthy, rather than “dieting.” So true! :)

I love all of these… especially the first one! I always try to keep that in mind if I’m too busy & can’t squeeze in a workout. On those days, I just make sure I’m being extra-concious of what I’m fueling my body with.

Oh, & I know diet soda is bad, but sometimes I just can’t resist!

oh how I love pinterest for some motivation :D
    I couldn’t agree more with the diet soda one though – just because it has no calories doesn’t mean its healthy or even good for us. Everything that I have learned in my nutrition classes has taught me to just say no.

Agree 100% with each one, I actually declared today that I’m taking a “rest” from hardcore workouts. My body has been fighting me lately, no energy, too tired to workout because I pushed myself way too hard for the last few months (trying to be superhero after having a baby) and now I need to take a step back from my workout DVDs (Jillian micheals) and enjoy taking walks and light lifting again.

i LOVE these!! i love love love eating healthy, but sometimes i still struggle when presented with a non-healthy food… i mean, i know what it tastes like and i know what it does to me, but sometimes i still can’t resist just because it’s there. dumb. i love these pins though!

oh you and me both. we all need to enjoy an indulgence or two every once in awhile! what would life be without some ice cream or pizza?!

Thanks for all of these good reminders! The thing that stuck out to me the most though, wasn’t one of the Pinterest photos… it was something you said: “LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.” So true. So necessary. So hard sometimes!

Love these! I like the confidence will make you happier than any diet will. So true! I’ve been gravitating towards these type of messages lately, rather than the ones now focusing on fitness models, because as great as those are its still pretty unattainable for the rest of society to look that way!

I love all these! The one I’m working on the most is making sure my diet matches how hard I’m working out. I know that eating clean shows the most results, but it’s definitely something I struggle with. Thanks for the reminder!

These are great girl! I love the exercising one… about which reasons you should or should not be exercising. And the ‘confidence will make you happier than any diet will’ yes to that as well! All helpful reminders :)

I love this! I have found pinterest to be so great for inspiration – especially on those days when I’m just really not feeling a workout or really just not feeling motivated at all. Plus it is a great place to find amazing recipes and new blogs!