My Weekend In Michigan

Good morning!

I just got back home last night from a weekend away in Holland, Michigan with my family for my cousin’s wedding.  It was a fun and relaxing weekend, but I am glad to be home now with my hubby and two pups.  I also missed you guys!  We had internet at the house we stayed at, but I tried to “unplug” as much as I could over the weekend.  It was glorious, but I’m looking forward to catching up with everyone.

I wasn’t the best blogger this weekend and didn’t take many photos, but I’ll share what I have.

We stayed in a house right on the lake with my grandparents, aunt and uncle, and cousins.  It was perfect for us and had a beautiful view out the back!

My sister and I had a great time together.  We don’t get to see one another as much as I would like, but when we do, it’s always a good time!  Lots of laughing and talking go on, that’s for sure!

547484_4180984009526_1885402384_n[1]

The wedding was a fun time too!  It was an afternoon wedding which was a little different, but it was still really nice.  The bride and groom (my cousin) looked beautiful together, lunch was delicious, and the company was fun.

Sunday morning I got the opportunity to meet two of my favorite ladies, Chelsey and Katie!  This was definitely a highlight!

Chelsey was somewhat nearby with her husband and family for the long weekend, so she offered to pick me up and we met Katie at a little breakfast place in downtown Holland.  We all opted for the veggie omelet, and I had homemade wheat toast on the side.

The food was pretty good, but the company was the best!  Chelsey and I call each other our “twin” because we have so much in common and are just so alike.  It was so fun to finally meet her in person!  I wish she lived closer!

Katie is just the sweetest too!  She drove all the way to Holland from Chicago (about a 3 hour drive) to meet us.  Katie and I have been talking for quite some time too, so it was a treat to be able to hang out with her in person!

The rest of Sunday was spent hanging out back at the house with family.  My other aunt and uncle came to join us for the day too.  We had a “family dinner” complete with bratwurst, hamburgers, baked beans, grape salad, and baby carrots.  A mid western meal at its finest!  Winking smile  As always, my grandpa and dad were in charge of the grill.

We spent the remainder of the afternoon working on puzzles, playing games, and visiting with one another.

We also headed down to the beach for about an hour or so where a few of my cousins and I decided to jump off of the pier into the freezing cold water.  It was a fun time, but wow was it COLD!

Monday morning my grandpa made us pancakes for breakfast, we packed our bags, and began our journey back home.  It was so nice to spend quality time with family in a beautiful area for the weekend!

Now I’m home and back to the grind!

Question:

• What did you do over the holiday weekend?

Comments

Looks like a great weekend! That is awesome you got to meet some blogging buddies :) I have only ever met one. It was not a long weekend here so nothing too exciting, but I planted my flowers pots, love the color they add to the porch and deck.

Looks like you had a fun, event-packed weekend!!
    I ran a Color Me Rad race on Saturday morning, BBQed on Sunday.. and RELAXED on Monday. My fiance and I started watching Lost and we are already addicted!

oh my goodness, my husband and i watched LOST last summer and we were instantly hooked! the first three seasons are the best!

Okay that is SOOO cool! WHat a great weekend :) I adore those two as well, so how coool that you could meet up with them?!

And I love your dress from the wedding–soooo cute. You look gorgeous!

4. Megan S. says

That’s crazy you were in Holland! I will be there this Saturday visiting my fiance’s sister and her family that live there! Small world- glad you had a fun “unplugged” weekend..those are the best!

Sounds like a beautiful weekend Ashley! I am really so happy for you!

I love your outfit when you met up with Chelsey and Katie! I have noticed how good of friends you and Chelsey are – I am so glad you got to meet her :) I love meeting other bloggers, so I really am so happy you got to meet her! :)

I grew up north of Holland. There are lots of trips back to Michigan! Have you ever seen those “Pure Michigan” commercials that are meant to lure tourists to the mitten? They crack me up because I don’t think anyone visits Michigan intentionally unless they have family there :)

haha! no i haven’t seen those, but i can only imagine. michigan is beautiful but i wouldn’t consider it a destination place. ;)

What a fun weekend! How awesome that you got to meet other bloggers. I must say you and Chelsey even look alike as well!! You’re looking fab! I had a great weekend with friends out celebrating their birthdays with a few too many drinks ;)

It looks like you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! You’re glowing in all these pictures! Absolutely stunning. :) I’m so glad you were able to spend time with your family, and that you had girl time with your sister. And how fun is it that you got to meet Chelsea and Katie!! Love them both! I hope you enjoyed your first day back home! <3 xoxo

9. Dexy says

You guys are SO cute!!! Love that you met up with Chels! I’ve just been catching up on your blog and the flowers Cody got you are so lovely! What a guy :). The turkey avocado burgers have me drooling….