With the nice weather lately, Cody and I have been on a grilling kick. Anything we can think of to grill, we do! Grilled food just tastes so good, and I love that it doesn’t heat up the house and makes for an easy clean up. It’s a win win for sure!
The other day I was wanting to put a little spin on the original turkey burger. Cody prefers regular hamburgers over turkey burgers, so I wanted to “dress it up” a little bit hoping that he wouldn’t complain as much would like it better.
And this is how the Bacon, Cheese, & Avocado Turkey Burger all came about…
Bacon, Cheese, & Avocado Turkey Burger
Prep Time: About 10 minutes
Cook Time: About 10 minutes
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices muenster cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Preheat grill on high.
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey, breadcrumbs, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Form into four patties and set on a plate.
- Turn grill temperature to medium-high heat.
- Place patties on grill. Keep the grill lid closed as much as possible.
- After about 4-5 minutes, flip burgers over.
- While burgers are cooking, cook the bacon on a skillet.
- About 2 minutes before taking the burgers off the grill, add slices of cheese to each burger patty.
- Take burgers off the grill after the cheese is melted.
- Place burger patties on a hamburger bun, add a slice of bacon, and a 1/4 of the avocado.
- Eat up and enjoy!
**Edited to add: Verdict? Cody loved these!**
I suggest you get your grill on this weekend! You won’t be disappointed!
- What is your favorite burger “recipe”/combination?
- Do you like to grill?
- What are you up to this weekend?!