June Goals

Good morning!

I hope you all had a great weekend!  You may have noticed I didn’t post yesterday like usual.  I decided that I’m going to take a break from posting on Sundays.  Sunday mornings are generally pretty crazy in these parts considering I work at my church, so to pump out a post can be stressful at times.  You might see one every once in awhile if I feel up to writing a post on Saturday evening, but don’t count on it. Winking smile

Anyways, let’s chat about my goals for June.  For you newer readers, I like to set a few health goals for myself each month.  Posting them on here helps me stay accountable to them and hopefully gives you all some inspiration to make some goals for yourself too.  I’m a huge advocate of goal setting.  Read HERE for some tips to help you achieve your own goals.

Before I share my new goals for the month of June, let’s review how I did on my May goals.

• Eat at a new-to-me local Salt Lake City restaurant.

CHECK!  We went to Market Street Grill for some celebrating a few weeks ago.

• Find a new hiking trail and try it out!

FAIL.  I don’t know what my deal is with this one.  I didn’t accomplish this one in April either.  I really have no excuses, so I just need to get out there and do it.

• Bake at least three times.

CHECK!  I made these, a chocolate fudge cake for a friend’s birthday, and these No Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares.  All three turned out amazing!

IMG_1929

June Goals

Goal #1: Participate in Courtney’s June Yoga Challenge

I’ve been trying to do more yoga within the past couple months, but I’d still like to incorporate more into my schedule than what I have been doing.  I will challenge myself to do yoga three times each week throughout the month of June.  You can participate too!  #juneyogachallenge

Goal #2: Grill dinner at least twice a week.

During the summer months, we try to keep the oven off as much as possible since it heats up the house so much.  Using the grill makes food taste great and helps keep the house cool.

Goal #3: Limit coffee consumption to one twelve ounce mug four days per week.

I would really like to cut back on my caffeine consumption.  I used to have two twelve ounce mugs of coffee per day, and I’m slowly but surely backing off of that.  Eventually I’d like to get to the point where I don’t feel like my body “needs” the caffeine to get going in the morning.

P.S.  Enter to win the new Gatorade G Series Energy Chews!

• What did you do this weekend?
  • What are some of your current/recent goals?

Comments

Great goals sweetheart :) I did a June goals post too!!!! Looks like you did great for May, too hun! One fail isn’t bad ;) I will be doing the yoga challenge too! I thought it was such a great idea!!!!! :)

I’m loving the June Yoga Challenge and will definitely be joining in on that one! I should probably cut back on my coffee consumption too but I’m going back home in a few days for the summer and the coffee in my parents house flows like water! Maybe I can try and tackle that one in September?

We had a low key weekend, went to the farmer’s market, on a Starbucks date, golfed and did yard work.
    I am doing the June Yoga challenge too, my goal is to do Yoga Meltdown twice a week. Other goals for June – go on a hike (I have never been!) and volunteer at a local/community event of some sort.

I love the yoga goal! I feel like everytime I try a Yoga challenge I end up never finishing, even though I love it! Strange huh? I definitely want to incorporate at least 2 days per week of yoga, especially now that I have cut back on intense exercise for a bit! :-)

i’m sure one cup isn’t a big deal! i just know my body relies too much on caffeine, and i don’t like that.

I jumped on Courtney’s Yoga Challenge bandwagon too! I’ve never really been a big yoga person, so I figured this was a good time to try. Once school is out (last week for this teacher!), I have lots of house projects planned…deep carpet cleaning, closet organization, photo albums, and trying one new-to-me class at the gym each week! I sooo wish we were allowed to grill in our apartment complex because your grill food always looks super tasty!

great goals, lady! i need to get back into the habit of setting monthly ones. thanks for the link to the yoga challenge – definitely going to check it out!

I totally hear you on the hiking one! It is because it is easier and faster sometimes to just hike the trails that you know. :)

I think my goals this month will involve more sewing, trying to get through this final project and making myself a little more social.

sounds like you did a great job with your may goals! i love that you don’t overwhelm yourself – seems like you just stick to a few :)
    good luck with the yoga challenge!

I love your June goals. My goals for the month are to lift weight at least twice a month and do at least 1 speed workout (to improve my 5K time) per week.

Great job on your goals, even if you didn’t complete them all at least you did some of them! Good luck this month! I couldn’t do the coffee thing, its my love first thing in the morning ;)

I hate those goals like your hiking goal that you really want to accomplish, but you always find excuses and can’t find the time! :P I have a yoga pass that I got TWO years ago that I keep on meaning to use, but I haven’t yet haha.

Great goals for June though – good luck with them! :)

I always love reading your goals post. :) Your hiking dilemma is my yoga dilemma! I think I need to jump on board with this yoga challenge. I don’t know how many times I’ve promised myself that I’ll do it more often, but it still hasn’t happened! :-p

I’m 100% caffeine dependent in the mornings too. I’m sure my body would love me if I cut back a bit, but I’m going to hold off on that until I’m finished with summer session (one month to go!). I don’t want to take any chances just yet. ;)

HUGS! <3

I am soo with ya on the yoga goal, I really want to go for that too! I think I will jump on that bandwagon wit you and try my best with it! I shall report back at the end of the month :)
    Your other goals are great too, the coffee is yet another one I should work on!

These are great goals! And I’m totally with you on the coffee consumption – mine has gotten a little out of hand lately, and I really need to reign it back in! Ever since I’ve started getting up early in the morning to work out, it’s like my brain subconsiously tells me that it’s now ok to drink more coffee during the day! So I need to get that under control!