WIAW #37: Nut Butter Crazed

Happy What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW)!  We are on to another post of eats in the life of Ashley.  Let’s get right to it, shall we?

Peas and Crayons

I know what you’re thinking when you read that title… “Isn’t she always nut butter crazed?!”  Uh yeah, you’re right.  I am.  BUT this title just seemed so fitting for yesterday’s eats.  Let’s just say there was quite a bit of nut butter involved!  Wait, is that anything new?!  I guess not…

breakfast

I had Kodiak Cakes with half of a smashed banana in the batter, topped with Archer Farms Almond, Peanut, Cashew Butter and a drizzle of maple syrup.  Are you getting sick of seeing these yet?  Oh, but guess what?!  For all of you that are dying to try Kodiak Cakes, they are now being sold nationwide at Target!  Just another excuse to get your hiney to Target.  Awesome, right?  Even better, you can use this $1 off coupon!

mid morning snack

I bought this massive carton of blueberries the other day, so I promised myself I would eat some every single day.  Yesterday I chose to eat them with some plain Chobani Greek Yogurt with a few drops of NuNaturals Vanilla Liquid Stevia stirred in and topped with SunButter.  YUM!

lunch

Lunch was quick and on-the-go since I was running late to meet up with a friend.  I went with a smoothie that included:

• 2/3 cup milk
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
  • handful of spinach
  • ice

Molly wanted a taste too.

mid afternoon snack #1

I had a vanilla soft serve cone at Chick-Fil-A with my friend and her kiddos  which I might add, are the cutest kids ever.  Just sayin’.  No picture.  I was too busy watching my friend’s daughter get ice cream all over her face and hair.  It was TOO funny!

mid afternoon snack #2

Of course I was hungry when I got home so I went with a honey nut rice cake topped with Archer Farms Almond, Peanut, Cashew Butter.  More nut butter = happy Ashley.

dinner

Dinner was one and a half of these Red Sauce Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas plus a spinach salad topped with tomato, mushrooms, and balsamic vinaigrette.  These enchiladas are always a favorite.

evening snack

A big ol’ mug of Cinnamon LIFE cereal of course!  Sometimes I wonder how I went so long without this stuff in my life.

And yeah, I know the photos are pretty mediocre today.  Ok let’s be real, they’re pretty much always mediocre, but especially mediocre according to my awesome photography skills.  My excuse?  Laziness.  Thank goodness I don’t write a full on food blog!

Ok, enough with my rambles.  Have a great day!

• What is your favorite kind of nut butter? (i.e. brand, type)
  • Do you eat nut butter everyday?  If so, how much?  Betchya can’t beat me! Winking smile

Comments

I definitely have nut butter every day :) I USED to say almond butter was my favourite, but I JUST bought hazelnut and oh my Ashley! If you haven’t tried it YOU MUST! It’s my favourite and every time I have it I think of those ferrero rocher chocolates!

oh my goodness, i LOVE those ferrero rocher chocolates, so i’m sure i’d love the hazelnut! where do you buy it?

I definitely eat nut butter (usually peanut butter) every day. And I just bought two huge containers of all natural PB at BJ’s yesterday. PLUS my mom said she’s bringing two big containers of JIF this weekend. Horray! :)

Haha I love you! I personally think your photography skills are fantastic– just sayin’ ;)

Anyway, it looks like you successfully hit the nut butter quota with your eats from yesterday. Considering the fact that I just had the remnants of a giant PB container for oats in a jar this morning, I’m thinking that I might be following in your footsteps 8)

I like the Kraft Natural Smooth PB the best, and Justin’s Almond Butter.
    I wish we had Target in Canada! Soon I hear they are coming :)
    Yup I sure do, probably 2T a day.

Do I really have to choose a favorite nut butter? There are just so many that I love….. Ok, if I must choose, then I am going to go with Justin’s Maple Almond Butter. It is the perfect mix of sweet (maple) and salty (the almonds). I am eating it on everything these days – whole wheat toast, yogurt, banannas, and just off a spoon.

I also eat an unreal amount of nut butter. The dominant one is Adams Peanut Butter but it doesn’t stop there. Thankfully for the internet I have found other people like me because I certainly know no one around me that consumes as much of it as I do. :) I also will stir it into dry cereal before I add the milk.

7. brandy says

I love nut butter! Def eat it everyday! My absolute favorite is Natually Nutty Vanilla Almond Butter!!!!! A little expensive but worth it!! Seriously the BEST you will ever have, you NEED to try it!!! (obviously I love it if I feel the need to use all of these exclamation points :D )

Cereal is one of the best bedtime snacks…seriously! It gives you the sweetness you usually crave, plus some extra vitamins! Have you ever tried cereal with coconut milk? It’s a great way to switch things up!

I need to try your enchilada recipe–it looks/sounds amazing!

Hope you have a great day!

no, i haven’t tried it with coconut milk, but i’m sure that’d be so good! i have tried coconut milk before, and i love it. you might be turning me on to a new snack! :)

My favourite nut butter is raw cashew butter (artisana brand), holy moly it is delicious! I probably eat that brand everyday, and I know its not technically a nut butter, but I love coconut butter!! Sooo tasty. Can you believe I’ve never had enchiladas before, your picture makes me want to try them though!

i need to try cashew butter! i know i’ll love it! oh my, you definitely need enchiladas in your life!

i only go for the all natural kinds with no added sugars or oils- and i don’t like crunchy, only creamy. costco used to have a kirkland brand that we bought by the case, but they don’t carry it anymore so now we buy fred meyer brand! i probably eat between 2 and 3 TBSP of peanut butter a day

So I kind of have to laugh at myself.

I was perplexed when I first started running into the WIAW posts and generally skim them but thanks to your post today I got that darn peanut-almond-cashew butter when I went into Target this morning which is incredibly good stuff (because I needed yet another nut butter – LOL).

I make homemade cashew butter. It is UNBELIEVABLY creamy and doesn’t need any added oil. I also made pistachio butter once but it was absolutely disgusting. It tasted like ground Cheeze-Its. Nasty.

Not going to lie – that Almond Cashew Peanut butter by archer farms is straight up addicting. I remember when I bought that jar its all I wanted to eat. at every meal…maybe that’s why it was gone in a few days.

I sure as heck do have nut butter most days and what a delightful part of my day it is :) I tend to have it more with snacks as opposed to meals, just works out that way… apples and almond butter is a personal favorite, and coconut butter has been being added to squash lately too! I need to do this more often actually, so many healthy fats and I need em!
    I used to go for sweeter nut butters, but I am steering towards the saltier ones these days

me too! i like the saltier ones with a sweet fruit or jam to go with it. the sweet + salty combo is so good!

I like Maranatha no stir creamy almond butter but its really all I have tried. I also LOVE Justins’s maple almond butter I found a single serve packet at target but want a big tub of it!
    I think I eat some most days !

Btw check out my blog please I’m new(: thanks!

I think that if I ate what you’re eating I would probably gain… a lot! My metabolism is a bit slow, even though I try to push him just a bit more everyday!
    Nut butter…. Here in Greece it’s not that popoular, so the only one I’ve tasted is peanutbutter, which I love! But I can’t find a low fat one, so I definetely don’t eat some everyday… I am definetely going to search other nut butters, I’m very curious!

Oh cinnamon Life!!! Love that stuff! I usually have almond butter on an english muffin pretty much every morning for breakfast, but I also love the homemade cashew butter I made a couple months back. That stuff is amazeballs!