WIAW #38: Where Did My Appetite Go?!

Good morning!

I hope you’re having a great start to your Wednesday so far.  I’m sitting here this morning having an incredibly difficult time waking up, thanks to my alarm going off right in the middle of a dream I was having.  I  always feel so discombobulated when that happens.  Am I the only one?  Coffee is definitely not an option this morning!

Let’s move on to some What I Ate Wednesday (WIAW) shenanigans!  And if you see any typos or grammar errors, I’m blaming it on the fact that I’m having a hard time waking up.  Okay?  Okay. Smile

Peas and Crayons

The meals and snacks I’m showing are from yesterday (per usual), which was just a weird day when it came to my appetite.  I don’t know what the heck it was, but I wasn’t very hungry most of the day.  The few times that I actually did feel slightly hungry, I couldn’t find anything that sounded good.  If you know me, you would know that I actually have a rather large appetite.  I love food and I love to eat!  Needless to say, this WIAW post is definitely out of the norm for me.

breakfast

Fitnessista’s Breakfast Cookie that included:

• 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 tablespoon chia seed
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter
  • 1/8 cup milk

I set it overnight and then I added a bunch of blueberries on top in the morning.  Delicious!

IMG_2034

lunch

I got to lunch and had no idea what I wanted, but ended up going with an Egg-Avocado-Muenster Cheese Panini.  This guy was messy to eat!

IMG_2037

I also had an orange after I finished my sandwich.  A very messy orange that is!

IMG_2038

dinner

I had spaghetti on the menu for dinner, but I was just not feelin’ it.  I made it for Cody, and I ended up having a honey nut rice cake with almond-peanut-cashew butter and a smoothie that included:

• 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 2 tablespoons peanut butter
  • half of a banana
  • large handful of spinach
  • ice

A smoothie and rice cake are usually not a normal dinner option of mine, but it worked.

IMG_2040

(My smoothie pretty much looked exactly the same as the one from last week.)

evening snack

Cody and I had a meeting after dinner.  By 9:00 when we got home, I actually felt somewhat hungry!  I went with a mug or two of Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch Cereal.  Which by the way, I rarely ever buy, but it was calling my name at the grocery store on Monday.  I don’t regret my decision one bit.  I love this stuff!

IMG_2041

So there’s my pretty exciting day of eats. Winking smile  My appetite so far today has been back with a vengeance, so I’m not worried.  I’ll surely make up for it!

Have a wonderful day!

P.S.  If you’re a peanut butter lover (like me!), don’t forget to enter to win some delicious PB Crave peanut butter!

• Do you feel somewhat discombobulated when your alarm goes off in the middle of a dream?
  • Do you ever have days where you feel like your appetite is nonexistent?
  • Do you like Cap’n Crunch?  What is your favorite kind? (i.e. regular, berries, peanut butter)

Comments

i rarely have them too which is why it was so strange! glad you got your chia seeds and loved them – woo hoo! now you need to try overnight oats! :)

I experience at least 1 day a month when my appetite is nearly nonexsistent. On those days, I tend to eat something similar to what you had for dinner – especially smoothies. Cap’n Crunch was (is) my favorite cereal. I adore the peanut butter flavor.

Sure do, I was like that a few days in the past couple of weeks. I also get in the “nothing sounds good” mood and then my husband has to choose meals. haha. It is warming up here weather wise so I thought that might have messed with me a bit.

it’s not too bad compared to some of the others out there (i think there’s 9 grams per serving). i consider it my “dessert”, so compared to my ice cream or some other desserts, i figure it won’t hurt.

I actually hate those days in which nothing really sounds good. Sometimes you will even start eating it and throw it out! They are very odd days for me too and I never know whether to try and eat through them or just not bother. And yes, usually the next day more than makes up for it!

Sometimes I think it is when I am super tired because I notice if I gravitate towards anything it is sugar.

I love peanut butter any cereal!

I actually do like captain crunch, but I haven’t had it in forever! My favorite is the one with ‘berries’, healthy right? ;-) maybe I need to buy some soon though and mix it with a less-sugary cereal! By the way, that egg, avocado, cheese panini sounds incredible! I for sure need to make that ASAP!

I almost never dream. Maybe once a month and when I do they’re ‘nightmares’ that I’m glad are over. They’re not really scary when I think back on them, but for some reason I’m frantic and panicked.
    As for days that I’m not hungry, that happens every once in a while, not very often. Usually it’s days that I’m really busy or have a lot going on and I just don’t have time to be hungry.
    I never really got into Captain Crunch myself, because it always got really soggy in the milk whenever I ate it and I just can’t handle soggy textures.

I have those days too, but I also have days (like today) where I cant seem to slow down my appetite no matter what! Not that I’m complainin’ :D
    And oohh, you’re bringing back my childhood dreams with that PB Captain Crunch! It comes in a close second to my beloved Reeses Puffs

oh yes, i LOVE reese’s puffs too! i actually almost bought them, but the cap’n crunch was cheaper. haha.

I really love any type of pb cereal. I could eat the entire box in one sitting though so it becomes a problem. I found the pb cheerios are pretty yummy and I can handle those without eating to much at once. Have you tried them?

yes!! i love the pb cheerios! i was actually planning on buying those, but our grocery store was all out. :(

I have random cravings for certain things like Cap’n Crunch too. Even though it’s not great for me, I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch, fruit snacks, and sour candy. Sometimes you just need a little something! I figure by eating healthy most of the time, little treats and processed foods here and there aren’t that bad!

I hate those days where hunger is MIA, but when it hits you you really have no idea what you want. That eggs looks so good – wish I had an avocado to recreate it!

That panini looks all kinds of amazing!

My appetite is always raging, except for one week last summer. I had this weird bug that not only made me not hungry but it also gave me a strong aversion to so many foods. It was almost like I was pregnant… but not haha. :P

Wow, the egg-avocado-muenster panini looks incredible! Messy sandwiches make tasty sandwiches. ;)

I definitely have days when my appetite is nearly nonexistent. It’s so funny how the body works like that! And then there’s those days when it’s impossible to quiet my appetite. I try to just go with it as much as possible…I figure my body knows what it needs!

12. Laurel C says

Hi Ashley!
    I’ve noticed that you’ve used protein powder a couple of different ways recently……what’s your favorite brand? There are so many to choose from so I always like to hear suggestions!

honestly, i don’t have a specific brand i stick to (at least yet). i like to try out different ones. recently i’ve been using 1st Step Pro Wellness (which i’ll be doing a review post on soon!), and i also buy the Cytosport Whey protein from Costco.

Maybe it’s just me, but PB Cap’n Crunch always hurt the roof of my mouth. :-/

For some reason, my appetite is always less in the summer. I don’t know if it’s the warmer weather or the increase in activities and running around, that I just don’t feel like eating much during the day. Your panini looks delicious, though! I may have to make that for dinner!

no, you’re not the only one! i noticed that too actually. i started to let it soak a little bit so the cereal is a little softer before i start to eat it. i definitely think the warmer weather is affecting my appetite!

I had a breakfast cookie for my WIAW post too! So good!!

I definitely have days where my appetite is just missing. I find it happens a lot on the weekends when I sleep in longer. My body is craving food when I wake up, but I usually just skip lunch and have a snack in between breakfast and dinner. Must be the lower activity and sleeping in that does it.

Oh I have the WORST time waking up when my alarm goes off in the middle of a dream! Especially if it’s a really good dream! Totally understand how you can feel all mixed up.
    That panini looks delish too! I haven’t had one in so long!

16. Daybelis says

I HATEEEE days where my appetite is off, seriously it frustrates me because I love to eat lol. Ever since recovering from anorexia, I always try to focus on nourishing my body and getting enough calories. Sometimes, I have to eat even when I don’t feel hungry. I think you did a great job in trying to surpass this non existent hunger and definitely had some yummy eats. I really love how honest and down to earth you are and appreciate all the endeavor you put towards your blog:)

oh i totally agree – i love to eat, so it was rather frustrating! and thank you for your sweet words. i try to be as REAL as i can! :)

I adore kid cereal!! Cap n’ Brunch Berries and Peanut Butter are right up there as my faves. I also love Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruity Pebbles and Cookie Crisp. I have two kids and I still hardly ever buy the stuff because I seriously can eat half a box in one sitting. Why is that? Is it just me or does it take a ton of kid cereal to feel full? Or maybe it is just too good!! Instead, I buy Kashi cereal or regular cheerios because while I like them , I can always stop at a regular sized serving.

oh no, it’s not just you. kid cereal takes forever to get us full because of the lack of nutrients, protein, and fiber. it makes perfect sense! :)

I totally know what you mean Ashley!! Some days even though I feel like I have to eat something, my tummy just feels really unsettled or bloated. Those days are really sad =(
    I love the regular kind, but my husband loves the berries. Now that you mention it, we haven’t had it in SOOO long! A trip to the grocery store?

I have only ever tried the regular Cap’n Crunch before!!!! What’s your fav? :)

I am so happy I got to see your breakfast cookie ;) I was thinking of you!

hmm, i honestly like them all, but i think the peanut butter is my favorite, then the regular, then the berries. :)

I never everrr thought i would say this, but there are some days that I don’t have much of an appetite, yet I find myself eating the day away anyway because that is all my mind is ever focusing on. A good thing because I am getting the food I need, but bad because the obsessiveness continues! Ahh well, it will be figured out in time
    Oh and heck YES to Capn Crunch PB, holy moly is that stuff good! An old childhood throwback, much appreciated :D

I HATE it when my alarm goes off and I’m in the middle of a dream…unless it’s a bad dream and then I feel relieved haha. I hope you’re appetite has been more normal today! I always get frustrated when mine is out of whack. And peanut butter cap’n crunch is amazing <3

I hate when oranges get all messy like that! I usually only like the christmas ones, because they are much easier to handle. I don’t often get days where I’m not hungry, but it happens occasionally and it is for sure not fun to deal with. Hopefully it returns to normal soon!

23. kristle says

i am on a new schedule now for the summer, so these days i am eating breakfast, working out and then i have my protein shake. its the strangest thing – i should be hungry for lunch because it’s past lunch time by the point, but the shake must be turning off my hunger signals for a few hours. so i end up eating a late lunch!