My Fitness Bucket List

As some of you may know, I am a Fitfluential Ambassador which has been one of the best opportunities I have had since starting my blog.

Recently Fitfluential encouraged us ambassadors to make a fitness bucket list on Pinterest.  I loved this idea and thought I would share my ideas for those of you that may not have Pinterest. [Click on photos below for original source.]

• Get certified as a group exercise instructor

I used to teach a boot camp class at the gym I used to work at, and I currently teach a senior’s exercise class at my church.  I would love to get certified to teach more classes at a gym again someday, but I’m kind of a scaredy cat.  I just need to go for it!

Pinned Image

• Try yoga at a studio

I do yoga videos fairly often at my house from Do Yoga With Me or Hulu, but I want to try out a yoga class at a legit yoga studio some time.  I think I think I’d feel better about going if I had someone with me that has been to one before.

Pinned Image

• Do a half marathon race

I was hoping to cross this one off my list this summer (the race I was going to run in is today actually), but some health issues caused me stop.  I am still determined to do a half someday though.  It will happen!

Pinned Image

• Try Crossfit

I know it’s all the rage right now and I don’t know how much I’d get into it in the long run, but I would love to try it out.

Pinned Image

• Try out road cycling with my husband

I’ve only ever gotten into indoor spinning, but my husband loves to cycle outdoors.  I would like to try it out with him someday.

Pinned Image

I’m sure I will add more to this list as time goes on, but I figure this is a good place to start!

P.S.  I added an HA (Hypothalamic Amenorrhea) tab for all posts relating to my experience with HA at the top of the home page!

• If you are group exercise certified, which certification would you recommend?
  • What is on your fitness bucket list?

Comments

I love this idea!!! I may put together one of my own.
    You WILL get that 13.1, Ashley!!! My mom didn’t start running until after she had my brother and I (ran her first marathon when she was 29 I think?), and she has since run about 25 more! You’re being so strong to prioritize what is most important to you now, at this moment. Running will for sure have room to come in later :)
    Have a great weekend!

i have my PT cert through National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) – i always hear great things about it & i have been very happy with it.

YAY! I would LOVE it if you joined in as in instructor!! You could TOTALLY do it :) And it’s Sooooooo rewarding!! :) Let me know if you need help/questions, I’d be happy to!

And YES< you will get that 13.1. And who cares when it is? I think goals and dreams are fun to have no matter what–as long as we aren't too hard on ourselves with the outcome or deadline :) xoxo

thanks lady! it’s definitely something i’d love to do! you have always been one of my favorite group exercise instructors, so i will definitely come to you for questions when the time comes. :)

Maybe when you run the half marathon one day I can run it with you!!!! We’ll have to make that happen when the time comes! And I would so go to yoga with you if I could! Have a great weekend Ash and I hope you and Cody are doing alright!

Great list Ashley! :) I definitely want to try crossfit as well! And I really want to get my certification in personal training, I’m hoping to get started this summer, but am a little nervous about signing up! I have no clue why, since I know I’d love it.

you would totally love it and be great at it! it’s a bit pricey to order everything at first, but it’s so worth it and rewarding in the end!

AFAA is great, and if you can catch the apex sale it’s a steal!

My bucket list is very similar to yours! I’m excited to be working on my half marathon goal right now, but I still have a long way to go in my training, so it makes me a bit anxious. I want to get certified to teach yoga. I’ve been taking hot yoga twice a week for the past few weeks, and I can already see and feel a difference in my body and flexibility.

Have a great weekend friend! Love ya!

oh good to know! i should email you about group ex stuff! :) you will totally rock your half nat. it takes time to build up to it, but before you know it, you’ll be crossing that finish line! love you too!

6. carly71722 says

Yoga at a studio is life changing :) I go to my gym b/c we have great instructors who seriously SHOULD work at a studio, but they aren’t allowed to touch you. At a studio they will help you get your body into proper alignment and adjust you as long as you are ok with being touched. It’s amazing how “off” we are in a pose when you feel like you ARE doing it properly!!! Great bucket list!

I wanna try CrossFit out really badly now! Tina at Carrots ‘N’ Cake keeps raving about it, and so does my sister (who never used to work out but is now a gym rat! Lol!) so I really want to see what that’s all about! :)

Awesome stuff! I’m making my Bucket List right now too ;) I want to try Crossfit as well. I don’t think it would be my favorite, long term, or only exercise plan like it is for most people that do it, but I would like to go a few times and scope it out.

9. Elizabeth says

Cycling outdoors beats spinning class by a million, I’d really encourage you to try it out! It’s not always as intense, but I find it so enjoyable – you can honestly cycle about 25km without even realizing (I did once, I was amazed) and it’s so much fun. Find a nice bike route and it can definitely turn into a weekly thing!

This is a cool idea! I got group certified through AFAA and would recommend them. Not as expensive as some of the other ones and they test you on practical, not just written which means you have to show you can do it too. Don’t be scared, you will rock it!

I want to try yoga at a real studio and crossfit too sometime.

I love your bucket list! You should run your first half marathon in Wisconsin next spring!

I’m debating running a full marathon some day, but I want to work on significantly increasing my speed first. I would also LOVE to get a road bike–my husband is big in to biking, too. He keeps trying to talk me into getting one, but I’m afraid I’d fall off that wagon fairly quickly. We just went kayaking today, and I think I could really get in to that–it was a blast! I’ve got some other really big goals I’m hoping to accomplish this next year, but I’m not quite ready to share them–a little planning needs to take place first!

good for you allison! i know what you mean on the road cycling… those bikes aren’t cheap, so i don’t want it to be just a “phase” for me.

So in truth…I don’t have a fitness bucket list. :) I know, I probably shouldn’t admit that on a fitness site. :) Basically I just want this body to hold out and stay strong for my life.

But I LOVE that you are an instructor for seniors! :) That is really a great thing and I have seen enough of those classes to know that sometimes they really touch a life. I used to work with a very aggressive dementia sufferer. She could be totally brutal in exercise class even if she was having a bad day and yet she was ALWAYS more “workable” after that class. You are making a difference.

I know nothing about group certifications out there but my life has been changed by my weights class (big deal for me since I don’t ever do classes or gym stuff). It isn’t just her knowledge, it is her smile and personality. Something tells me you could be very kind and motivating. I think a great instructor can get people past motivation slumps, etc.

you are so sweet samantha! thank you for all of your encouraging and thoughtful words. it really does motivate me to work on that group instructor cert! :)

Oh Ash, I wish you lived closer because almost every item on your fitness bucket list is on mine too! It sure would be fun to cross each one off with a friend. :) Next fall I’m going to begin working for a wellness organization, and even though my job will be to lead nutrition workshops, they’re also encouraging me to get a fitness instructor certification. I’m excited, but like you, a bit of a scaredy cat too! ;) CrossFit is the next one I want to tackle, followed by a half marathon. And yes, you most definitely WILL run that half! I think sitting it out this year will make crossing the finish line even more satisfying that you can imagine! <3 xoxo

thank you so much girl! wouldn’t that be neat if we lived closer so we could cross all of those things off of our lists together?! i’d love that! xoxo

awesome goals! I love yoga in the studio, I have trouble doing it at home for some reason? Get too distracted maybe?
    I totally want to do a 1/2 marathon and an olympic distance tri! Those are for sure on my fitness bucket list :)

Hey cutie! Loving your fitness bucket list. Isn’t it fun to do? Dang if only we had more time and money, right? Checking out your HA tab now. I’m one of those lucky people also. Shocker. :) Hugs Ashley!

no kidding on the time & money thing! ;) and um, i had no idea! we need to chat about it! p.s. you give me hope with your two twin boys! thank you my friend! :)

I would love to try Crossfit and run a marathon someday also…Once my body gives me the thumbs up…hope that day comes soon!

17. Laurie James Mackeson says

Most of the things I do come up with short notice and I rely on my “everyday” health choices to allow me to attempt/complete them – e.g 6months preparation for a 106km/24hr walk. The only thing I want to do, something that is like a burning flame inside me is an overnight (or 2 or 3) hike through some wonderful terrain (like in Tasmania – Australia). I need the time to be right and have a friend who wants to do it with me (for safety sake).

oh wow, hiking trip sounds like it would be an incredible adventure!!! i hope you get the opportunity to do that someday laurie!

I love reading everyone’s fitness bucket lists! I also have a half-marathon on mine, as well as a Tough Mudder and a mini triathlon. I’m hoping to try Bikram Yoga at a yoga studio this summer too with my roommate. Can’t wait to try something new!