06/28: Thursday Thoughts

1.  Um, how in the heck is July 1st on Sunday already?!

2.  I totally forgot to mention that I guest posted for Healthy Living Blogs on Tuesday!  Check out the post HERE.

3.  I jumped on my treadmill twice this week to get some walking in since it’s been so hot and/or windy outside.  It was the first I’ve been on that thing in what seems like forever since most of my walks have been outdoors lately.  I realized that I surprisingly missed that thing!

4.  Remember how my appetite was pretty nonexistent a couple weeks ago?  This week?  Out of control.  Weird.

5.  I have been Instagramming my life away these days, just as I had suspected would happen.  @MyFNFDiaries – follow me, you know you want to.

6.  Check out this cutie pie.  He loves his mama.

7.  Let’s talk Bachelorette here for a minute…  Jef is really growing on me.  Like I might like him even more than Sean now.  But I still can’t get past the fact that I don’t know if I could see Jef and Emily together.

8.  By the way, did you see that Janae met Jef?!  They were in Salt Lake area which meant they were SO close!  I’m bummed I missed him.

9.  Speaking of Janae, she wrote a great post yesterday about weight being emotional.  Man, could I relate!

10.  You need to make this, these, and this.  Pronto.

11.  Enough of my rambles.  Have a fantastic day!

• Have you resorted to the treadmill yet this summer?
  • Thoughts on The Bachelorette this week?
  • Can you relate to Janae’s post?  Why or how?

Comments

Too funny, my hunger is crazy this week too!
    I know I keep wondering how July snuck up so quick… I am still in shock I think. haha
    Jealous that you have to walk inside since its too hot out, I feel like I have barely seen the sun in the past week here, and want it back!
    Have a great weekend!

I’ve done some treadmilling this summer! I actually don’t mind it – and because I am not training for a race, I really don’t feel the need to ensure that I am training in race conditions! :)

I ran on the treadmill this morning since it was already 80 at 5am and I have a feeling my GOTR 3 mile “fun run” will turn into hanging out on the air conditioning… Haha it’s supposed to get to 98! Have a great day Ash!!

Also can’t believe July 1st is this Sunday…the summer goes by way too fast I wish time would stop! I really related to Janae’s post too…the perfectionist in me wants to be as healthy and fit as I can be, but it’s so easy to let that get out of control. There are more important things in life than your weight!

I am forced to resort to the treadmill whenever I want to run. Living in sourthern TX does not lend itself to spending anytime outside. It’s so hot out, I sweat more walking to the gym then I do at the gym, ha!

Hey! Just started reading your blog:-)

I think that every female athlete can pretty much relate to Janae’s blog. It really is a tough balance….

I’m interested in trying your recipe for blueberry muffins. I was recently told I have allergies to wheat, peanut, soy and corn so I’m learning to try different things….It has allowed me to eat a lot more raw fruits and veggies though:-)

I did see Janae’s post yesterday! I could really relate to it as well. It’s crazy how much emotion plays into eating.

Instagram is the coolest thing ever!! I love taking pictures with it! :)

Adorable dog!

8. Caroline @ After Dinner Dance says

Jef is growing on me too but I’m still all for Sean! And I miss my treadmill so much!

Maybe your body is just catching up from last week? All I know is that our bodies are 10x smarter than us so I just sit back and listen to what it wants :D
    Loved Janae’s post about weight too!

10. carly71722 says

Ok, I think I may be the only one that is Team Arie! I think they have such a natural chemistry that was developed so early on. While I like Sean too, I don’t know that I like him for Emily. And Jef, I like him, but I think he tries too hard and isn’t right for her. Chris just NEEDS to go asap. He is a creepy, obsessive stalker!!

Haha, I’ve been following you on Instagram and you have some pretty cool pics! That pic of your dog, and the pic of the banana soft serve (…;) ), are definitely my favorites though! :)

As for running, I hardly ever use a treadmill, because I like to naturally choose my own pace and stuff. That doesn’t mean running on the roads for me, though.. I like to run on a track instead! :) it’s in my gym and requires a lot of counting (16 laps = 1 mile) but I love having the option all the same!

Today was a definite treadmill day!
    I loved Janae’s post yesterday. I know that when I’m pregnant (which won’t be for quite some time!) I’ll know that I need to gain weight for a healthy baby, but I can see why it can be difficult for many women. I hope to just focus on being healthy and happy so that my baby can be the same!

I’ve never been on a treadmill before! Crazy!
    I can completely relate to Janeas post- recovering from anorexia, the whole gaining weight thing is so difficult to deal with, but then I just have to constantly ask myself, ‘Why?’ I don’t choose to be friends with a person dependent on their weight, and if I did, I don’t think that would make me a particulary nice person. Weight should never, and doesn’t dictate the worth of a person- just gotta remember that I guess.

Also, I just want to say thank you for all your positive posts, and you are actually a huge inspiration for me in recovery.
    So I have nominated you for the lovely blog award and versatile blogger award :D
    http://lifelaughfood.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/first-blogger-awards-5/ x

You already know that I love me some Jef! ;) I feel like he should not be with Emily, so that I can set him up with one of my friends haha! I love him, but not necessarily with Emily! Plus, I just have such little hope for the relationships on that show … so I’d rather him find a nice girl who wasn’t on a TV show!

15. krystal amanda says

Jef has definitely won me over! He is the sweetest, and I couldn’t really see him with Emily at first either but now I can! rooting for him!

16. Linz @ Itz Linz says

Ive actually used the treadmill less since it gets light so early I’m not afraid to go out on a jog by myself! (yes usually I’m scared when it’s dark.. I’m a wimp!)

With temps spiking into the 100’s and humidity that makes you feel like you are wrapped in a wet, wool blanket, the treadmill is quickly becoming my friend this summer. I walked a few miles on it yesterday and hope to do more later today.

18. Lindsay A says

I agree with you about Jef and Emily…I think i’ve come to the conclusion that I see MYSELF with Jef…haha. I would have freaked if I met him like Janae got to. Lucky duck!

19. heather says

I’m torn… I love Jeff but not for Emily. Ha. I see her picking Arie but I want her to pick Shawn!

I’m not sure about seeing Emily and Jef together either, I think her and Sean mesh better together, but who knows! Yah, I can’t even believe half of the year is over! How is this possible?!?

I saw your post on HLB, amazing! Loved the list!!!
    I have always wanted to go to Ruth’s Diner, I always hear amazing things about it! But every time I visit up north it’s usually only for the weekend and never have time!
    And lagoon is amazing I love that place, nothing much compared to most amusement parks in other states, there is just something about it! haha