WIAW #41: Instagram Style

You had to know this one was coming – WIAW (What I Ate Wednesday) Instagram Style.  You know I love my Instagram.  It sure doesn’t feel like a Wednesday today, does it?  4th of July sure is a tricky one this year.

Peas and Crayons

breakfast – 7:00 AM

Overnight Oats: 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/3 cup milk, 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds all in the fridge overnight.  Blueberries, NuNaturals Vanilla Liquid Stevia, and almond butter added in the morning.

IMG_20120703_070211

mid morning snack – 10:00 AM

Clif Bar’s KIT’s ORGANIC Fruit & Nut Bar

These things are GOOD.  The idea of them reminds me of a Larabar because they are made with minimal ingredients, and they primarily use dates and nuts.  Try these if you haven’t already!

IMG_20120703_094603

lunch – 2:00 PM

Turkey, avocado, tomato, spinach, and mustard on a whole wheat english muffin with a peach on the side.  A spoonful of almond butter was also consumed that wasn’t photographed.

IMG_20120703_142018

IMG_20120703_143244

dinner – 6:00 PM

Grandma Haan’s Casserole (spin-off of a shepherd’s pie)  with a spinach and tomato side salad that went unphotographed.  Trust me, it’s not the most picturesque meal anyways, but it sure did taste delicious!

dessert – 8:00 PM

Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with a scoop of PBCrave Choco Choco Peanut Butter.  Excellent combo by the way!

IMG_20120703_200518

snack – 10:00 PM

Barbara’s Bakery Chocolate and Peanut Butter Puffins with milk

I don’t usually eat this late, but I’m thinking I didn’t eat enough throughout the day because I found myself feeling hungry before I went to bed.  These Chocolate and Peanut Butter Puffins are good, but I think I’m still more of a fan of the good ol’ plain Peanut Butter Puffins.

IMG_20120703_222821

Happy Fourth of July!!

I hope you all enjoy the day with family and friends in honor of our country and those that serve.  Please be safe!

• Have you tried Barbara’s Bakery Puffins cereal?  If so, what is your favorite kind?
  • What are your plans for the holiday today?!

Comments

That sandwich looks delicious! I am obsessed with the Mint Choc Clif bar…so yummy. I tried the Peanut Butter Puffins before but nothing compares to Kashi in my eyes (although I was on a Life cereal kick for awhile, lol). But my pantry looks like I work for Kashi, hah! No concrete plans for today…my hubby and I just hope to relax and enjoy that we have a full day off together. I hope you have a great 4th! :)

I’ve had the pb puffins cereal and love it! I wanted to try the chocolate and pb but it’s always wayyyy too expensive. I’m sort of happy to hear that they may not be worth the price haha. I hope you have a fantastic holiday pretty lady!!! Love you :D

I might be the only blogger to say it but I wasn’t really a fan of the peanut butter puffins…way too sweet to have a bowl full, although they were nice as more of a garnish! Love your eats, and the fact that you added peanut butter to cookie dough ice cream is proof that we could be very good friends ;)!

hmm i’m not sure if they’re in the stores quite yet or not. if not, i’m sure they will be soon, and you HAVE to try them!

Every time I go to Trader Joe’s, I contemplate buying the pb Puffins because I’ve heard such good things about them! I haven’t tried them yet though!

I’ll need to keep an eye out for those Clif bars! I love Larabars, so it sounds like they’d be something I’d enjoy.

Happy 4th Ashley! :-)

The chocolate Puffins are the best! I like the peanut butter but I kind of had to come around to them. They had an off flavor at first.

Happy 4th to you too! I’m am also addicted to instagram, no shame sistah ;) All of your foodies look delishous! Enjoy your holiday!

I love Puffins! I always end up eating many servings because it is just so good. I am a fan of the plain flavor!

Today – we cleaned (company coming tomorrow), I went to my first body pump class, and I do believe we are going to hang out by the pool in a little while! Enjoy your 4th!

i don’t seem to have much self control when it comes to cereal. ;) how did you like your first body pump class?!

• says

It was okay.. I want to go to a few more before I make an ultimate judgement. I am only at the gym because of the groupon otherwise it is WAY out of my price range.. so it is different to me. I also think it being July 4 made things a little more hectic and unorganized (since the class started at teh same time the gym opened..)

Looks like an awesome day! Happy Fourth!!! I’m on the lookout for those new Clif bars but haven’t found them yet! I love Lara bars though so I’m sure they’re awesome

i’m not sure if they’re in stores quite yet, but i know they will be soon! they’re so good!

I was loving all of your IG food pictures yesterday! I even showed your sandwich picture to my husband and told him that’s what I wanted for dinner!

I’m on the look out for Puffins, but because we live in the armpit of the Midwest I’ve struggled to find them in our grocery stores. :(

Happy Fourth, Ashley!

i hope you’re able to find them soon! they’re not at my regular grocery store either. i have to buy them when i make my occasional stop at whole foods.

Puffins sound like such a light snack before bed..I’ll have to try them next time I get hungry, which will be tonight :) Love all of your photos-instagram is great!

I’ve only tried a few flavours of the puffins – Peanut Butter, Cinnamon, and Multigrain. So far, the favourite is definitely the Peanut Butter.

I wouldn’t mind trying the Peanut Butter and Chocolate kind though, considering that I’m a bit of a Reese’s addict :-)

i’m definitely a Reese’s addict too, but the pb + chocolate ones just didn’t do it for me. don’t get me wrong, they’re good, but not as good as i hoped they would be.

Just bought my iphone today! So excited for instagram now haha. I’ve never actually tried the Puffins before, everyone raves about them though. No plans for the fourth since I’m Canadian…just a regular Wednesday here!

I’ve read about the Kit’s Organic bars, but have yet to find them in Whole Foods! Once I get my hands on them , I’ll be sure to buy a couple, since you say they’re so good. :)

I’m a huge Peanut Butter Puffins fan! It’s probably my favorite cereal, unless granola counts as cereal. Then it’s my second favorite. ;)

Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July! xoxo

i have a feeling you’d love the kit’s organic bars! and somehow it doesn’t surprise me that peanut butter puffins are your favorite cereal considering they’re one of my top favorites too. ;)

Sandwiches on English muffins taste wayyy better than several other kinds of breads out there, that is for sure :) I haven’t heard of those organic bars before, but I am always on the hunt for new bars, so I will be on the lookout for these!
    I hope you had a most delightful 4th Ashley!!