Let’s See How I Did!

Holy crap, it’s July 6th already?!  How did that happen?  Needless to say, I’m a few days late in recapping my goals from June, so I guess we’d better get on it!

Goal #1: Participate in Courtney’s June Yoga Challenge.

CHECK!  You can read my recaps from each week here, here, here, and here.

June Yoga Challenge-001

Goal #2: Grill dinner at least twice a week.

Big time CHECK!  We blew this one out of the water.  I think I put everything and anything I could think of on the grill in the past few weeks.  The fact that the weather has been incredibly HOT has definitely been a motivator to use the grill.

IMG_2008[Bacon, Cheese, & Avocado Turkey Burger]

Goal #3: Limit coffee consumption to one twelve ounce mug four days per week.

I wouldn’t give myself a big ol’ “CHECK” on this one, but I wouldn’t say I failed either.  The fact that I have really gotten into iced coffee has not helped me with this one a bit.  I believe two of the four weeks in June I stuck to this goal, and the other two weeks I had coffee 5-6 days of the week.  I am proud to say that there wasn’t one week that I had coffee every single morning.  I’m making progress – slowly but surely. Winking smile  Any tips and/or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

**********************************************************************************

I’m going to approach my goals for July a little bit differently this month.  Instead of making a list of my goals like I usually do, I’m going to continue to work on the ones I made for June.  Obviously the “June Yoga Challenge” is no longer going on, but I would still like to make an effort to include yoga into my weekly routine.  The other two I could still work on and get better at as well.  My main goal is what I’m going to be addressing in my post on Monday, so stay tuned!

I hope you all have an amazing Friday!

• If you have written a post recently about some of your goals, link up your post!  I’d love to read them!
  • What are you up to this weekend?!

Comments

Yay on your goals!!! :) I am right there with ya on the whole coffee thing! I want to decrease my intake, but not really sure what would help do it. Guess it might just be good old fashion will power. :)
    I am meeting some friends for dinner tonight!
    Have a great weekend Ashley!

Good job with the grilling goal!! You definitely killed that one! :)

We’re hoping to work on the house a bit more this weekend. We have a whole room of stuff that needs to be sorted out … some needs to go to Good Will, some needs to go to storage … you get the idea! Fun stuff!

i totally understand that… it’s really sad, but we still have a room like that and we’ve lived in this house for over a year and a half! haha. it’s our office/misc room.

Nice job on your goals! I keep saying I’m going to try yoga and never do… but I found an article on “yoga for athletes” in Women’s Health (not that I’m an athlete) but it looks like something I could enjoy!

My plans this weekend involve going to the lake. And there is minimal air conditioning. And it’s going to (still) be 106 outside. I think I’m crazy.

Great job on your goals! Giving up iced coffee in the middle of a HOT, HOT, HOT summer would be incredibly hard. I applaud your efforts thus far. I recently outlined a few goals for July and beyond. My goals can be found here: http://redefiningkim.blogspot.com/2012/07/more-goals.html

I have a shopping trip planned withe my Mom, my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law tomorrow morning. Then I am spending the afternoon in the pool with my hubby and daughter.

Congrats on your goals, you did a great job! Especially with the coffee one…..that would neeeever happen for me :) Happy Friday!

This weekend is an exciting one for me because my boyfriends’ parents are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary by renewing their vows! So amazing and such a beautiful loving relationship still– I hope to be like them one day

You did awesome on your goals for the month! As far as coffee goes, I don’t think I’ll be of much help on the advice front. I gave up caffeine cold turkey years ago and now treat it as a very special treat. When most adults order a beer when they go to dinner for a special occasion, I order a soda as a splurge. :)

Congrats on your goals! :) I used to drink coffee multiple times a day but I am now pretty much down to one cup a day (mostly, lol). For July I made the goal of cutting out Diet soda and artificial sweeteners (I used to drink Propel Zero soo much)…I just don’t want all that crap in me anymore. I am 6 days strong on that one, lol. Good luck with continuing to work on your goals…and I am eager to hear the one you will be posting on Monday. Happy Friday! :)

You did awesome with your goals! I definitely think I’m going to have to do a “goals” post in the future–such a great way to stay accountable. :)

Weekend plans include shopping this afternoon, river tubing tomorrow, and a special celebration for Sunday!

Happy Friday, and have a great weekend!

Great job on those June goals! One of my goals for July is to complete the 30 day Strong Like Us Ab Challenge. It’s been really tough so far! Weekend plans: get fitted for a bridesmaid gown, celebrate my dad’s birthday, and go to a friend’s cookout on the river and ride some jetskis! Can’t wait.

Way to go on your goals! my june running goals got shot down due to an injured quad. Oh well… live and learn. July is a new month and Im feeling better. Love your blog!

oh no, i’m so sorry to hear about your quad! injuries are the worst. praying for a speedy recovery!

You had me at bacon & avocado :) That grilled burger looks epic!!
    Seems like you accomplished a lot of your goals. I really like that you are making July more about the challenges! Can’t wait for monday’s post

Ah, iced coffee makes it even harder to cutback on because I feel like I suck it down way faster, and plus my drinking glass looks empty when I only pour an 8 oz serving of coffee into it. I easily drink twice as much coffee when I drink it over ice. When it comes to hot coffee, I can usually stick to just 8 oz in a mug.

Awesome job! I know I should probably start grilling my foods more.. I’m kinda stuck thinking about making salads, sandwiches, and cooking my foods by pan-frying/stir-frying them all the time. It’s time to put the grill to good use! ;)

Have a great weekend, Ashley! I can’t wait to hear about your main goal on Monday! :D

I’ve actually started doing yoga through Hulu after your mention, and I’m loving it! I just recently discovered the wonderful world of hulu! I’m a lil bit behind, I know…
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Ashley!

Great job on the goals, even if they weren’t 100% you still made great progress! No tips to help you on the coffee situation since I am helplessly addicted haha. I don’t mind it though. Well, my wallet does. I’m trying to get back to yoga this weekend! Have a great weekend!xo

Look at you, shattering those goals like it’s nobody’s business! :D

I’m with ya on the coffee– I drink wayyy too much of it, but in a way I don’t think I’ve mustered the willpower to even WANT to give it up yet. Eh, hopefully one day!