Friday Night = Pizza Night

Within the past few months Cody and I have made a tradition on Friday evenings – pizza night!

IMG_1950

I started to get creative with all sorts of different types of homemade pizzas after I found this easy and delicious homemade pizza dough.  After a few weeks of pizza on Fridays, we deemed Friday night as our pizza night.

Sometimes we go out for pizza, sometimes we order it in, but most of the time we make it at home.  Lately we have been making it on the pizza stone and then putting it on the grill.  Super easy and doesn’t heat up the house – it’s a win win!

To make it a little healthier I like to use whole wheat flour for the dough and pile on the veggies for toppings.  I love veggie pizza!  Add a side salad and you’re good to go!  Delicious, easy, and healthy meal – can’t go wrong there!

• Do you have any “food traditions” in your home?
  • What are your favorite pizza toppings?

Comments

YUM! I recently found this awesome whole wheat pizza dough at Trader Joe’s for just over a buck, so we’ve been using that! My all time favorite pizza topping is probably mushrooms!! Mmm!

I love that you have friday night pizza night :) I always associate Friday with pizza for some reason. Plus you can be super creative with toppings!

What a great date night tradition–pizza always makes me think of kicking off the weekend! I love almost all pizza toppings, but my favorite traditional toppings are pepperoni and TONS of veggies. For a more gourmet pizza I like prosciutto, arugula, and goat cheese, and margherita pizza.

Friday night is our pizza night too. We make ours too sometimes and I love to use a whole grain flatbread as our crust. I personally think pizza is it’s own food group. Have a great weekend. ^_^

That looks delicious! I’ve always wanted to try and grill it!

I pretty much love ANY veggie toppings. I love Z-pizza. They have a Thai, BBQ, Mexican, etc.

that doesn’t sound like anything i’ve ever had, but wow, it sure does sound incredible and unique!

Looks delicious! I love veggie pizzas too…also love a homemade buffalo chicken or barbecue chicken pizza. When you poach or grill the chicken, it’s so much healthier than the buttery fried versions from a takeout place!

those are my some of my favorite toppings too! actually that’s exactly the toppings that was on my pizza in that third photo!

Pizza Friday is a great tradition! I think that everyone can use a bit more pizza in their life!
    My favorite toppings are: feta cheese, spinach, and artichoke. MmMmMmm I’m thinking that I will need to make this ASAP! :)

One of my best friend’s family has a friday night pizza night tradition – I wish my family did because homemade pizza is the best! When I was little we would go out for dinner almost every Saturday night.

Favorite pizza toppings – green peppers and onions are a must, then probably tomatoes and sausage or pepperoni. I love veggies but I gotta have some meat on my pizza!

That’s fun that you guys have a traditional Friday pizza night. I don’t have any traditions around here since I live at home, so that would probably never happen haha. Maybe in the future though. Homemade dough always tastes the best!

I bet that makes for delicious Friday nights in your household. :-)

I love Hawaiian – something about pineapple on pizza is just awesome.

If I’m trying to be a tad healthier, I’ll find a WW crust and use a lot of chicken and spinach.

Either way, I’m a happy girl!

Do you guys ever get Papa Murphy’s take-and-bake pizzas?

They have awesome “deLITE” pizzas, and my favorite has to be the Herb Chicken Mediterranean deLITE! It has olive oil, garlic, herb chicken, spinach, sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, and a ton of other herbs. It’s so good! :) (and yes.. I kinda looked at their menu online to remember what was actually on it. lol)

We actually do pizza quite often on Friday evenings. It started during Lent and has continued since lol. It makes for a relaxing night and one that we never really have to worry about what we are going to eat!

13. Keely says

Hey Ashley!! We have a pizza night, too – Sunday night! Yours look delicious and we also enjoy it on the grill! I buy pre-made whole wheat crust from Earth Fare (it’s really thin). A favorite I discovered in Boston recently had fig jam as a base, topped with gorgonzola and prosciutto. Little drizzle of reduced balsamic. YUMMM! Mexican pizza also fun to use salsa as a base & your usual suspects (especially veggies) on top!!

But tonight I’m tired and Papa Murphy’s is cooking :)

We love to get the whole wheat pizza dough from Trader Joe’s – it’s so cheap and delicious! We put a ton of veggies on ours as well – mushrooms, peppers, onions, asparagus, artichoke hearts, zucchini, etc. One of my favorite pizza toppings is a wedge of laughing cow light swiss cheese mixed with some crushed red pepper and garlic powder. I spread it on the dough before putting on the sauce, veggies, and even more cheese. It adds a whole new layer of flavor!

Mmm…all three pizza pictures are making my mouth water! That cheese! So delicious! Pizza night was always on Fridays in my house growing up, and I’d look forward to it all week long. My favorite toppings have changed over the years; when I was young, I loved Hawaiian pizza; then I became obsessed with California Pizza Kitchen pizzas (Thai Chicken was my favorite); then Domino’s and Pizza Hut (college! I was on a budget, haha); then “artisan” pizzas topped with goat cheese, caramelized onions, sundried tomatoes, pesto etc. What is boils down to is that I now basically love all pizza. ;)

Friday night has always been our “pizza night” as well. I always thought my husband and I were one of the few to have that tradition… until i started reading all these blogs. Guess we aren’t the cool ones that started the trend afterall :(

but.. your pizza does look amazing!!!!