07/26: Thursday Thoughts

1.  My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries turns ONE today!  Woohoo!  A huge thank you to all of you for reading each and everyday.  Ya’ll are the best!  Seriously.

2.  I am officially a substitute teacher for the Alpine School District this coming school year!  Since my job at church is only part time, substituting will be nice to fill up my days off while also gaining some experience in the classroom (more on that another time).

3.  Final Bachelorette thoughts?  I’m glad Emily chose Jef.  They are just adorable together.  My heart hurt for Arie though.

4.  I was kinda sorta maybe hoping that they were going to live in the Salt Lake City area so that my chances of meeting/seeing them would be higher.  Bummer. Winking smile

5.  Molly and I had a little snuggle fest yesterday.  It was a good time.

6.  Speaking of Molly, both she and Ryan were exhausted on the ride home from our hike on Tuesday.  It was so cute!

7.  I did a 20 minute yoga strengthening video for your lower body yesterday.  Holy muscles on fire!  Check out Do Yoga With Me for some great yoga videos!

8.  Lindsay had a great post on tearing down our idols the other day.  It’s a must read.  Just do it.

• Final thoughts on The Bachelorette?  Who did you want to win?
  • Do you have any idols in your life that need torn down?

Comments

I finished all 3 in a week….was totally addicted. Happy 1 year blog anniversary!..that’s exciting! And congrats on the new position! Great news all around for you, that’s awesome. :)

Congratulations on turning one!!! I loved Sean on the Bachelorette! But I do think here and Jef were the best match! I always do feel bad for the one she doesn’t pick though!

AHHH I didn’t know you were subbing for classroom teaching! (for some reason when I saw it on twitter I assumed it was group exercise classes).

Girl, if you ever need ANY teaching advice, let me know! I work as an assistant teacher for an elementary school and work with ages 2-10 (preschool-3rd grade). Seriously, I would LOVE to talk to you about it sometime :) Especially if you’re thinking of going into teaching. So excited for you!!

Omg you’re dogs are so cute. It’s so lovely to knacker them out and then enjoy a peaceful evening when they just sleep! Hehe. My dog is much smaller but seems to have an unlimited supply of energy, bless him.

Substitute Teaching? Fun! Do you have any grades you are interested in? Are you considering doing something in the education field in the future (gaining experience in the classroom..)..

There may be some tough days subbing (I know from experience).. and teachers are not always great at leaving the best sub plans.. so you should get yourself a bag of tricks.. (things to do to fill empty time) .. it was my life saver whenI was subbing!

Babe! What an exciting post!!!!!!!! :) Congrats on the official substituting job! I AM SO PROUD OF MY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! :) Also happy birthday to My Food ‘n Fitness Diaries! I love it <3

Yay!!! Happy first bloggy birthday to you! and also congrats on your substitute teaching gig for this coming year. So exciting!

Thank you! Yes, I’ll be subbing all grade levels – wherever they need me! I might have to email you! ;)

Aw, happy birthday to your cute little blog! I have truly loved reading about your life over the past few months!

Also, congrats on getting the job! That’s so exciting and it’ll be nice to have extra paychecks, I’m sure!

Have a great day!

I heard on the radio this morning that Emily actually chose Arie, but he dumped her when he found out the details of her and Jef’s night together. But then the producers paid him big money to reshoot the scene having Emily dump him. Not sure how true it is.

So much exciting news!
    I read Lindsay’s Idol post. Such a great post!
    Congrats on the new job:) I’m so excited for you!
    And to your one year blogging birthday!!
    Also, I thinking I’ll be e-mailing you today if you don’t mind that;)
    I totally felt bad for Arie! Even though I knew it was coming (thank you realitysteve), my heart still broke for him because he didn’t see it coming at all. Poor guy.

Happy birthday blog!

I just read Lindsay’s post – it definitely caught my attention!

My idol that needs to be torn down – my body. I definitely put too much of my focus and my time into how it looks that could be better used elsewhere – like my family, friends and boyfriend.

Happy Birthday, My Food n’ Fitness Diaries! I’m so glad I’ve connected with you, Ashley! You’re doing great things here, girl; thanks for inspiring us every day. <3 And congratulations on getting the substitute teaching job! Gosh, today is a day that certainly calls for celebrating :)

I'm so happy Emily chose Jef; they're adorable and perfect together. I sure hope Arie is the next bachelor though!