This or That: Health & Fitness

This is a fun little “survey” of sorts that I stole from Paige.  I just can’t resist my love for surveys.  I’m going to go through a list of “this or that” questions that Paige came up with related to health and fitness!

This or That?

1.  Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow?

Even though I’m not a huge fan of freezing temps and snow, I’d much rather workout in the freezing cold than humidity.  Living in Arizona, California, and Utah throughout my life, I am just not used to the humidity.  When we went to San Antonio back in March, it was in the 80’s with high humidity and all of my workouts felt ten times harder because of it.  I’m a wimp when it comes to humidity.

IMG_0088_thumb

2. Have washboard abs or flat abs?

Can I choose somewhere in between?  Haha.  I don’t know how I feel about women with washboard abs, but I do love a toned stomach.  Washboard abs on men is a-okay by me though. Winking smile

3. Dr. Oz or The Doctors?

I honestly couldn’t tell you.  I think I’ve maybe only ever watched one episode of each.

4. Cardio or strength?

I go in phases with this one.  Lately it’s been cardio, but I still very much value strength so I could never let it go.

5. Cravings: Protein or carbs?

Carbs!  I love me some doughy bread and baked goods!

6. Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper?

I love them both, but I’ve always been a huge Jillian Michaels fan.  She’s just awesome.

7. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream?

Do I have to choose?  If I had to choose one over the other, I’d have to go with the real thing and choose ice cream.

8. To train: Upper body or Lower body?

This one is a tough one for me too because I go in phases.  I would say lower body wins most of the time though.

9. Protein powder or food with protein?

I love my protein powder, but I try to get most of my protein from natural food sources.

10. Lunges or squats? Squats! Lunges kill me.  I am always happy I do them after I finish, but I hate them in the moment.

11. Sweet or salty?

Definitely sweet.  I could never eat another french fry or chip in my life and be totally fine.  Dessert on the other hand?  I wouldn’t survive.

12. Workout attire: cute or comfy?

This depends on whether I’m working out at home or in public.  If I’m at home, I’ll just throw on a sports bra and the first pair of workout shorts I find.  If I workout in public, I try to look cute, but being comfy is always a must for me!

13. Body Pump or Heavy lifting?

Body Pump!  I absolutely love that class.  I miss it!

14. Yoga or Pilates?

Yoga.  I like to mix it up and do some pilates every once in awhile, but I think I enjoy yoga more overall.

15. Nike or Adidas?

Nike all the way.

306746_450309431668602_2039638757_n[1]

16. Running on the treadmill or outdoors?

Outdoors!  I don’t mind a good treadmill run here and there, but I’d easily choose outdoors over indoors.

17. Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s?

Trader Joe’s!  I miss that store so much.  I do like Whole Foods, but it is so expensive!

18. Summer or Winter Olympics?

Summer Olympics!  The gymnastics, swimming, and sand volleyball are my favorites!

19. Exercises classes or Exercise videos?

Classes!  I love the social aspect of exercise classes.

20. Steamed veggies or roasted veggies?

I love both, but I prefer roasted.  I do steam veggies a lot simply because it’s easier and faster though.

Question:

• Your turn!  Pick a few and share your answers!

Comments

I think I see a trend starting! I saw this on Paige’s site the other too and loved it! I think I might have to join in too! Have a great weekend :)

Love these kinds of posts! Nike over Adidas, strength training beats cardio for me (never thought I’d say that) and Whole Foods out of default (never been to Trader Joe)!

Love this! Um, I love both workout classes and love doing it at home. Definitely roasted…but steamed too! Agh!
    Winter!! I am a huge ice skating fan!

Exercise in the heat, I was not made for cold weather!
    Washboard abs! I have to say my mid section is part of my body I struggle the most with because I don’t have washboard abs or a flat stomach, just how it goes I guess..

5. Jae says

definitely the real thing when it comes to ice cream! :)
    choco chip cookie dough, cookies and cream (Favorite all time) and anything coffee wins my heart
    yum I can hear BR31’s jamoca almond fudge calling it’s siren to me haha

9. Protein powder or food with protein?

Food with protein.

10. Lunges or squats? Squats. I actually love both, but I probably like squats more. Now if you asked me lunges or crunches, I’d say lunges in a heartbeat!!!

11. Sweet or salty? Duh, sweet. No question. Only the cool kids prefer the sweet stuff. ;)

Fun survey! I totally agree with you about carbs – I couldn’t survive without my bread and grains! And I agree with you about sweet over salty too. I don’t really get salt cravings, but I get huuuuge sugar cravings, especially chocolate! ;)

This survey looks like a lot of fun! :)
    I love the questions, because unlike most health & fitness surveys, I can actually answer them! Haha :D
    4. I go through phases, too, but right now I’m really loving strength training.
    5. Protein. I’d rather eat meat, chicken, fish, and dairy for the rest of my life.. Kind of just how I was raised. ;)
    6. Jillian Michael’s all the way!
    7. Foods with protein, and I hardly consume protein powder because of said love of meat/fish/chicken/dairy. lol
    12. I dress as comfy as I can to the gym all the time, just because I always look like a mess at the end.. No matter what! :P

I might have to look for a survey to do, too, because these things are so much fun!!

Fun survey! I might have to do this one. :) I totally agree with you about ice cream–the real stuff is the way to go! I love my fro-yo, but there’s no denying that the original version is always best. :)

Happy weekend! xoxo

I love these surveys! I just may do this sometime next week!
    I’m definitely a sweets girl as well! I never crave salty things.

Love these sort of questionaires! I will have to do this one eventually also :) And to answer some… summer olympics for sure! Let’s see what else, I enjoy Whole Foods more, although of course TJs is cheaper. Nike= 100% in love with that company, I want everything and can afford so little lol… sad but true :)
    I hope the rest of your weekend has been nice Ashley!

Lunges AND squats – I love them both!!! Steamed veggies only if they’re done right and aren’t soggy – otherwise I love roasted veggies, especially zucchini/sweet potatoes/kale into chips! And definitely comfy workout clothes – I do presentable and try to match colors but I am definitely into comfy cute workout attire :-D You rock lady!

Oh how I adore surveys! I might have to steal this from you! :)

I prefer carbs over protein anyday! I couldn’t even tell you which I prefer when it comes to strength training and cardio. I’d feel lost without the both of them!

Trackbacks