This is a fun little “survey” of sorts that I stole from Paige. I just can’t resist my love for surveys. I’m going to go through a list of “this or that” questions that Paige came up with related to health and fitness!
This or That?
1. Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow?
Even though I’m not a huge fan of freezing temps and snow, I’d much rather workout in the freezing cold than humidity. Living in Arizona, California, and Utah throughout my life, I am just not used to the humidity. When we went to San Antonio back in March, it was in the 80’s with high humidity and all of my workouts felt ten times harder because of it. I’m a wimp when it comes to humidity.
2. Have washboard abs or flat abs?
Can I choose somewhere in between? Haha. I don’t know how I feel about women with washboard abs, but I do love a toned stomach. Washboard abs on men is a-okay by me though.
3. Dr. Oz or The Doctors?
I honestly couldn’t tell you. I think I’ve maybe only ever watched one episode of each.
4. Cardio or strength?
I go in phases with this one. Lately it’s been cardio, but I still very much value strength so I could never let it go.
5. Cravings: Protein or carbs?
Carbs! I love me some doughy bread and baked goods!
6. Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper?
I love them both, but I’ve always been a huge Jillian Michaels fan. She’s just awesome.
7. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream?
Do I have to choose? If I had to choose one over the other, I’d have to go with the real thing and choose ice cream.
8. To train: Upper body or Lower body?
This one is a tough one for me too because I go in phases. I would say lower body wins most of the time though.
9. Protein powder or food with protein?
I love my protein powder, but I try to get most of my protein from natural food sources.
10. Lunges or squats? Squats! Lunges kill me. I am always happy I do them after I finish, but I hate them in the moment.
11. Sweet or salty?
Definitely sweet. I could never eat another french fry or chip in my life and be totally fine. Dessert on the other hand? I wouldn’t survive.
12. Workout attire: cute or comfy?
This depends on whether I’m working out at home or in public. If I’m at home, I’ll just throw on a sports bra and the first pair of workout shorts I find. If I workout in public, I try to look cute, but being comfy is always a must for me!
13. Body Pump or Heavy lifting?
Body Pump! I absolutely love that class. I miss it!
14. Yoga or Pilates?
Yoga. I like to mix it up and do some pilates every once in awhile, but I think I enjoy yoga more overall.
15. Nike or Adidas?
Nike all the way.
16. Running on the treadmill or outdoors?
Outdoors! I don’t mind a good treadmill run here and there, but I’d easily choose outdoors over indoors.
17. Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s?
Trader Joe’s! I miss that store so much. I do like Whole Foods, but it is so expensive!
18. Summer or Winter Olympics?
Summer Olympics! The gymnastics, swimming, and sand volleyball are my favorites!
19. Exercises classes or Exercise videos?
Classes! I love the social aspect of exercise classes.
20. Steamed veggies or roasted veggies?
I love both, but I prefer roasted. I do steam veggies a lot simply because it’s easier and faster though.
- Your turn! Pick a few and share your answers!