Change

Good morning! Today I have a guest post for you about change from the lovely Alison. I would definitely encourage you to read Alison’s personal story, as I’m sure each of us can relate one way or another! Happy reading!

**********************

Alison Lublink

Change.  It’s a word that can mean two very different things to people: a word of excitement and wonder and joy; or a word of stress, uncertainty and fear.

We all experience change at various points in our lives.  And as adults, these changes seem to come more rapidly and seem to bear more weight in our everyday lives.

This past summer I’ve experienced quite a drastic change in life.  My husband and I left the western coast of British Columbia in Canada where we were pastors.  We loved our jobs, loved the province, loved the city, loved our friends…but we also love Jesus and knew it was time for a change.  So we said our good-byes, packed up our belongings and moved to Ontario for the summer to visit with many friends and family members we hadn’t seen in quite a few years.

And now, admits that summer of change we embark upon another change as we pack our lives into 200 lbs. of luggage and make our way across the world to the Middle East.  We embark upon yet another change in life where we will change our careers (to being teachers!), change our country, and change our way of living.

There’s been a whole lot of change in a rather short amount of time, but one thing has remained the same: God.  And with Him the way I feel toward change is that it is definitely exciting, wonderful and joyous – and one more thing: peaceful.

My job might change, I might live in some random places, and I might even change my hair colour some day.  But I can still have peace no matter how big or small the changes are.  I can have peace in the midst of great change because I have a constant faith in a God I can trust.  His peace is comforting, beautiful and very dear to me.

As it says in Isaiah 26:3, “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.”

• What big changes have you experienced in your life?
  • Is change easy or difficult for you?

Comments

The biggest change for me was evicting my eating disorder from my brain and returning my body to health. I didn’t realize how many aspects of my life my ED had affected and how many things became very different once I was healthy. Now that I’m in recovery and have adapted to the changes, I know that I will never return. That’s the great thing about having the courage to make changes, sometimes they bring you more joy, confidence, and inspiration than you could have ever imagined

I am so glad she was your guest blogger! I had been meaning to keep track of them during their move and definitely lost “touch” (even though they have no idea who I am. :))

I don’t know if you could say I have experienced big changes or not, but I do know that life isn’t remotely how I envisioned for myself, and maybe that is a form of change.

If there is anything constant in life, it’s change :) GOOD luck!

Huge change for me–actually having a healthy relationship with food again (the journey was a long one, but so glad the bad, good, & ugly happened to get me to where I am).

Such a great post! My life has gone through many changes over the past few years – moving across the country, transitioning to college life, living away from home, preparing to study abroad. While i generally think of myself as pretty open to change, I know that I need to be reminded to really embrace it every now and then. Change is scary, but fun if I approach it with a positive and open mindset like yours! Thanks!

I’ve been through a lot of changes lately. Graduation, first job, quitting first job, getting married, unemployment, another new job. I’m just in such a transitional point in my life right now! You are so brave for going through all of those moves!

Awesome post! My biggest change was getting married and becoming a stepmom to 2 boys. Having gone from being single and having no kids, to suddenly having kiddos was a huge adjustment. But God really helped me, and today I am happier then I’ve ever been!

Thank you for sharing, Alison! Joshua 1:9 has been one I’ve repeated many many times … especially when the situation involved moving!

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Thanks for such a great post! This is an awesome reminder for all of us!
    No matter how rough things get, how it seems like we can never depend on anything working out for us, at least we can depend on God and his never ending love for us! :)

Have a great weekend! Take care!

Alison,

I knew you were moving but I didn’t know that you were going to be a teacher. How exciting! When I was in high school, I wanted to be a teacher, as well; however, God led me down a different path and I am now a nurse. Change can be exciting but it can also be stressful, as you said. Best wishes to you and Peter on your new Journey :-)

CJ