Week 10: Double Digits!

Good morning my friends!

I am currently still trying to wake up after eleven hours of sleep. Yep, eleven hours and still feeling tired. Story of my life these days!

As you can see from the title, we are on to double digits – the big 1-0! Smile At the very beginning, I never believed people when they told me time would fly by so quickly. Sure enough though, they were right. I can’t believe we are already on Week 10!

week10

This week baby is the size of a prune! The little guy (or gal) is growing like a weed in there. Cody and I have been talking about how crazy it is that it went from a microscopic dot to a prune so quickly. Such a miracle!

Still no true baby bump, but there’s definitely almost always some bloating – especially at the end of the day. I like to pretend it’s the baby. Winking smile

This past week has kind of been all over the place with my symptoms. The one thing that has remained consistent is my desire to sleep, sleep, sleep. Most nights I’m in bed by 8:30 or 9 and I sleep until about 7 the next morning, whereas my sleep schedule used to be more like go to bed at 10:30 PM and wake up between 6 and 6:30 AM. I savor every extra minute I can! Naps are taken regularly too!

My morning sickness comes and goes. I actually felt so good this past weekend that I had a (few) minor freak out sessions that something was wrong. I tell ya, this pregnancy thing sure does give you some mind games to wrestle with!

I’ve been eating quite a bit better, but I’m still lacking in the vegetable department. I continue to stick with the foods that I know I’ll do well with, and I am still loving Mexican food.

My exercise has still just been subpar. Just a walk seems to wipe me out these days. I’ve been trying to do yoga once a week and lift weights once or twice a week, along with several walks thrown in there too. I am looking forward to getting some of my energy back to increase the intensity of my workouts just a tad. At that point, I plan to make up some pregnancy workouts for you other pregnant ladies out there!

Week 10 Itty Bitty Details

Weight gained: 0 lbs (I plan to talk about how I’m dealing with weight, weighing myself, etc. next week!)

Next prenatal appointment: September 25th – it can’t come fast enough!

Countdown to 2nd trimester: 28 days

Can’t stop eating: roasted sweet potatoes and bean burgers with lots of ketchup

What I need to buy SOON: a comfy and bigger bra

• Any other questions and/or details you’d like to know?
  • If you have been pregnant (or currently are), when did your morning sickness go away?

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those affected by the 9/11 tragedy eleven years ago.  I’ll never forget that day. Hug your loved ones a little tighter today.

Comments

There is absolutely no possible way that I’m pregnant, but I’m craving bean burgers too, so I obviously know how you’re feeling! haha. Kidding. But seriously, congrats. And even as a non-pregnant gal, I’m loving the updates (mostly for how genuinely excited and content you sound!).

2. Dexy says

A prune! Yay!!! It feels like I was just talking about mine being a blueberry and now I’m almost thirty weeks, so yes, it goes fast!! Sleep up my dear, it’s wonderful for you :) :). You look so cute!!!

3. Brooke Williams says

My nausea went away mostly after the 1st trimester but it seems to have come back now that I’m in the 3rd trimester. It’s true what they say about felling much better in the 2nd trimester. And get a maternity bra as soon as you can, it really helps. It really all is a wonderful crazy experience:)

Love the update!!! Don’t worry about not eating veggies. I learned this week in one of my classes that one of the reasons behind nausea in the beginning of pregnancy is to purposefully keep the mama’s diet bland in order to protect the growing baby from toxins that may be in some foods :)
    Can’t wait to keep reading your updates!!! Have a great afternoon!

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing that Kaitlyn! Makes sense to me. :) And now I don’t feel so bad about not getting in all my daily veggies!

I love that you’re documenting your weekly progress with a picture–that will be so fun to look back on once the little one arrives (and grows up)!

My best friend is going through her first pregnancy–she just found out yesterday that they’re having a BOY! It’s fun to keep track of her pregnancy, and now yours, too! She went through a lot of morning sickness in her first trimester, but said she’s been feeling a lot better in the second.

Just discovered your blog via Peanut Butter Fingers. Looks great, and congrats on the pregnancy. Just wanted to say never worry about a lack of morning sickness. :) I didn’t have it at all in my first two pregnancies, but have with my 3rd (current) pregnancy. Luckily, it did pretty much go away after the first tri. My goals for this one were all about running. Feel free to check my blog for how things went for me. Well, it’s not much of a blog really, mostly just a record of my training. No time for real blogs yet…. my kids keep me busy enough. :) Good luck! Looking forward to reading more!

I’d love to hear your take on the whole gain process..honestly I think you’ll be more easy going about it than you would think. ;-) I worried about how I would react about it when I was preggers and seriously it wasn’t that big of a deal (thank goodness) because you just know that the weight is a GOOD thing and it’s for the baby. :-) Hang in there girlie, hope your morning sickness goes away soon.

With my first pregnancy I had zero symptoms, other than being super tired for about a week before I found out I was pregnant. I remember being SO worried about my lack of symptoms and figured something must be wrong since everyone else was sleeping, puking or starting to show. I didn’t even get a baby bump until 22 weeks.

My 2nd pregnancy made up for the first though, lol!! You are getting close to the point of feeling like a semi-normal person again. Hang in there!!

Totally get you with the no veggies thing and OMG the tiredness and bloating. I’m lucky if I make it past 10pm these days. Morning sickness for me has been on and off – haven’t thrown up just have this gross feeling in my throat all the time that makes me feel like I am going to puke any minute.

Congrats as well – I’m due in April too! Have the 12week ultrasound next week so kinda still keeping it on the down-low but I couldn’t resist commenting!

Just now getting around to reading your pregnancy posts! Time DOES fly! I’m at 38 weeks now, but 10 weeks seriously felt like yesterday! I was SUPER sleepy in my first trimester (8:30 bedtimes were my best friend), and I’ve had the same sleepyness for the past 4-5 weeks, but it usually happens in the middle of the day!!! And don’t stress about not being able to work out- you will feel better and your energy levels will increase SOON! Anyways, can’t wait to follow your pregnancy journey! Congrats!!!