It’s been a great week, but it sure has been a busy one over here. The week flew by at lightning speed, and now here we are already to Friday!
Today I have a fun little meal survey I have seen floating around on a few other blogs, and as you know, I love my surveys. Here we go!
1. Favorite cereal as a child?
Oh boy, I have a hard time choosing just one. Among my top favorites were Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Oh’s, LIFE, and Crispix.
2. Coffee or Tea? With milk or without?
Oh I love my coffee. With half & half. Oh or whipping cream is even better. Just try it – SO good. You just need a little tiny bit! I have been enjoying my hot tea lately though as I’m trying my best to keep coffee out as much as I can throughout pregnancy.
3. The one food you eat most often at breakfast?
Most likely bananas. Not lately, but usually I have a half of a banana included in my oatmeal, on my toast, in my cereal, or in my pancakes.
1. Sandwiches are generally considered a “lunch food.” If you had to choose between a grilled cheese and a peanut butter and jelly, which would you pick?
Oh peanut butter and jelly all the way. I do enjoy cheese, but I PB&J has always been one of my favorite staples. Crunchy peanut butter with homemade strawberry jam on lightly toasted wheat bread is the best in my book!
2. You can only put four ingredients in your salad (not including greens); what do you throw in the mix? Additionally, which greens and dressing do you pick?
This is tough. I’d probably go with grilled chicken, feta or goat cheese, berries, and candied almonds. I would choose spinach for my greens and a homemade raspberry vinaigrette.
3. One food you can’t live without at lunch?
Probably some kind of fruit. I almost always have an apple, peach, grapes, orange, etc. in my lunch.
1. It’s the end of the day. You’re tired, hungry, and your fridge is empty. If a fast food (from a chain) is your only option, where do you go and what do you order?
Chipotle no doubt about it! I typically order their burrito bowl with brown rice, veggies, black beans, sometimes chicken (depends how hungry I am!), lettuce, pico de gallo, lettuce, a sprinkle of cheese, and guacamole. Best combo as far as I’m concerned!
2. TV/computer on or off while you’re eating?
Definitely off. I like to enjoy my breakfast in peace, lunch is usually eaten in a hurry or at work, and Cody and I try our best to eat dinner at the kitchen table just the two of us. On special occasions, we’ll watch a show or movie while eating dinner, but that’s rare.
3. The one food you eat most often at dinner?
Oh boy, this one is a tough one! I really try to mix things up, so I’m not sure if I could choose just one. We have Thai food and Mexican dishes quite a bit. I know that’s not one particular food, but that’s all I can come up with.
1. Choose between these two American desserts: cheesecake or apple pie?
Ohhh I love both, but I think cheesecake wins.
[Cheesecake Factory LOVE!]
2. Choose between these two foreign desserts: tiramisu (Italy) or flan (Spain)?
Call me weird, but I’m honestly not a fan of either. The flavor of tiramisu just doesn’t do it for me, and the texture of flan weirds me out.
3. Ice cream: cone or cup?
This one depends. If I can have a homemade waffle cone, then cone all the way. Otherwise I’ll go with a cup!
Last but not least, today I have a huge shout out to my husband…
Happy Birthday Cody!
Thank you for always bringing out the best in me, keeping me sane, and making me laugh every single day. You are the best blessing I could have ever asked for! I love you to pieces!
- Answer a question from each meal: breakfast, lunch, & dinner!