Meal Survey

TGIF!

It’s been a great week, but it sure has been a busy one over here. The week flew by at lightning speed, and now here we are already to Friday!

Today I have a fun little meal survey I have seen floating around on a few other blogs, and as you know, I love my surveys. Here we go!

BREAKFAST

1. Favorite cereal as a child?

Oh boy, I have a hard time choosing just one. Among my top favorites were Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Oh’s, LIFE, and Crispix.

2. Coffee or Tea? With milk or without?

Oh I love my coffee. With half & half. Oh or whipping cream is even better. Just try it – SO good. You just need a little tiny bit! I have been enjoying my hot tea lately though as I’m trying my best to keep coffee out as much as I can throughout pregnancy.

coffee

3. The one food you eat most often at breakfast?

Most likely bananas. Not lately, but usually I have a half of a banana included in my oatmeal, on my toast, in my cereal, or in my pancakes.

LUNCH

1. Sandwiches are generally considered a “lunch food.” If you had to choose between a grilled cheese and a peanut butter and jelly, which would you pick?

Oh peanut butter and jelly all the way. I do enjoy cheese, but I PB&J has always been one of my favorite staples. Crunchy peanut butter with homemade strawberry jam on lightly toasted wheat bread is the best in my book!

2. You can only put four ingredients in your salad (not including greens); what do you throw in the mix? Additionally, which greens and dressing do you pick?

This is tough. I’d probably go with grilled chicken, feta or goat cheese, berries, and candied almonds. I would choose spinach for my greens and a homemade raspberry vinaigrette.

3. One food you can’t live without at lunch?

Probably some kind of fruit. I almost always have an apple, peach, grapes, orange, etc. in my lunch.

DINNER

1. It’s the end of the day. You’re tired, hungry, and your fridge is empty. If a fast food (from a chain) is your only option, where do you go and what do you order?

Chipotle no doubt about it! I typically order their burrito bowl with brown rice, veggies, black beans, sometimes chicken (depends how hungry I am!), lettuce, pico de gallo, lettuce, a sprinkle of cheese, and guacamole. Best combo as far as I’m concerned!

2. TV/computer on or off while you’re eating?

Definitely off. I like to enjoy my breakfast in peace, lunch is usually eaten in a hurry or at work, and Cody and I try our best to eat dinner at the kitchen table just the two of us. On special occasions, we’ll watch a show or movie while eating dinner, but that’s rare.

3. The one food you eat most often at dinner?

Oh boy, this one is a tough one! I really try to mix things up, so I’m not sure if I could choose just one. We have Thai food and Mexican dishes quite a bit. I know that’s not one particular food, but that’s all I can come up with.

DESSERT

1. Choose between these two American desserts: cheesecake or apple pie?

Ohhh I love both, but I think cheesecake wins.

IMG_0202[Cheesecake Factory LOVE!]

2. Choose between these two foreign desserts: tiramisu (Italy) or flan (Spain)?

Call me weird, but I’m honestly not a fan of either. The flavor of tiramisu just doesn’t do it for me, and the texture of flan weirds me out.

3. Ice cream: cone or cup?

This one depends. If I can have a homemade waffle cone, then cone all the way. Otherwise I’ll go with a cup!

34886_468456968746_410956_n[1]

Last but not least, today I have a huge shout out to my husband…

Happy Birthday Cody!

Thank you for always bringing out the best in me, keeping me sane, and making me laugh every single day. You are the best blessing I could have ever asked for! I love you to pieces!

37811_1453998822824_7974840_n[1]

Question:

• Answer a question from each meal: breakfast, lunch, & dinner!

Comments

I have to have a banana at breakfast. It’s actually not an option. I’ll postpone breakfast as long as it takes to find a banana if necessary.
    PB and jelly all the way. Actually, PB or AB and banana is preferable, but a great homemade (by my Grammy!) jam is always fabulous!
    Definitely computer on with a movie playing or blog reading … there isn’t usually someone else around to eat with, or I’d love the company (at work with a group I’m fine), but I really have a lot of trouble eating in the quiet. But I have trouble living in the quiet in general — I always need ambient noise.
    Flan for sure!! Yum!

Oh MY goodness. We love the same salads & we both think flan/tiramasu is nasty/weird. LOVE that we’re alike in those ways.

However–none of those American desserts are appealing to me (bring me ice cream!), and I’d so rather have meat/cheese sandwich than AbB or PB/jam for lunch ;)
    xo

Coffee: with chocolate milk – now THAT you’ve got to try!

Salad: veggies (this only counts as one thing haha), beans, avocado, and acv

Subway: just because itz fast, easy, & cheap (turkey, whole grain, all the veggies, spicy mustard)

Happy birthday to your hubby! :-) Let’s see.. My favorite cereal as a kid was grape nuts, raisin bran, and crispix, just like you! For lunch, it really depends on what mood I am in as far as what sandwich I would choose. If I was craving sweets, definitely pb & j, but if I was more in a salty mood, grilled cheese all the way! If I had to pick a fast food joint for dinner, it would be a toss up with chick-fil-a, chipotle and panera. As far as dessert goes, I am definitely more of a cheesecake fan than an apple pie fan!

Jealous! We don’t go very often because the closest one to us is about a 45 minute drive. Maybe that’s a good thing though? ;)

I love the food themed survey!
    Almost every breakfast has eggs for sure. I am a PB&J girl all the way. And my go to dinner (when I dont’ want to cook and need ot eat fast) is Whole Foods.

6. Dexy says

FYI–you had five ingredients in your salad not including the greens, LOL!! Happy Birthdya to the Codster!!! You two are absolutely adorable, I can’t wait to see Baby W on this blog!!!

Tea – I cannot STAND coffee.

Grilled cheese – I always want the peanut butte and jelly combo at breakfast, by lunch I want something savoury and a melty grilled cheese is always a good way to go.

I almost always eat in front of the tv or the computer. Awful habit.

Cheesecake! – I’d love that one right there, actually. :-D

Happy birthday Cody!

As a Wisconsin girl, I love a good grilled cheese sandwich!
    My salad of choice is usually arugula with fresh mushrooms, shaved parmesan cheese, fresh cracked pepper, and lemon juice and olive oil.
    While I would LOVE to eat Chipotle as my fast food chain of choice, we don’t have one here. :( We eat at Subway a lot–enough that most of the workers know to pull out the salad container before I get up to the counter. It’s sad (but delicious)!

favorite cereal as a kid: frosted flakes (still a fave!)
    salad: spinach with tomato, avocado, goat cheese + grilled onions
    chain option: chiptole! yum

fun survey :)

Happy Belated birthday to Cody! I hope you guys had a wonderful time celebrating :) This is a great survey too… I still need to fill it out myself!
    I could not agree more with your salad toppings… except I would most definitely choose goat cheese, addicted :)

Trackbacks