09/27: Thursday Thoughts

1. Thank you so much for all your well wishes and kind words on Tuesday! The heartbeat was perfect in every way. It was truly incredible – such a miracle!

2. I’ve been pretty obsessed with custard oats lately. I just can’t get enough. Along with my cocoa banana combo, I’ve also been loving this PB&J combo. I make the “base” the same with 1/3 cup oats, 1 cup water or milk, 1/2 tablespoon chia seed, an egg whisked in while the oats are cooking, and half of mashed banana. Then I top it with some peanut butter and strawberry jam – PB&J baby!

3. I have not been loving the fact that I can’t take pretty breakfast photos anymore thanks to the nonexistent sunlight when I eat breakfast. Hence the above photo.

4. Guess what book I started reading this week?

5. I’m already about half way through it and I’m loving every bit of it. We saw the movie in theaters back when it first came out, and then we rented it again last weekend which inspired me to read the books. So good!

6. So you know how I recently talked about my energy levels slowly making a comeback? Ha! The last few days I’ve been sleeping like there’s no tomorrow. Apparently my body can’t make up its mind.

7. The weather must have just known this week that it’s officially fall now because the temperatures dropped like crazy and it rained for a couple days. I just love fall!

8. It was time to break out my frog slippers this past week! I love these things.

9. Have a beautiful day!!

10. P.S. Tomorrow is Friday! Yay!

• What time do you usually eat breakfast?
  • Have you read The Hunger Games books?
  • What has the weather been like where you live this week?

Comments

1. julie says

Hi! I was wondering if on your baby update posts if you thought about maybe including Cody? Like, when you post different changes and new things, what has he been doing differently. Rubbing the belly, being more attentive, bringing home Reese’s peanut butter cups ;) stuff like that. I think its amazing how men react in these situations.

I usually eat breakfast immediately after showering in the morning–I’m always starving when I wake up! I think I need to start eating a better snack before bed!

I’ve never read the Hunger Games books but have been recommended them many times–I need to get on that!

Our weather has been perfect lately–low 70s and sunny every day!

I eat breakfast at 7:30 during the week, and usually about 9 on weekends unless I am having brunch! I have not yet read the hunger games, or seen the movie! I am hoping to get on this soon though.. I have been on my library’s waiting list quite awhile!

I loved the Hunger Games :) It’s definitely easy to get sucked right in!! I love your slippers!! Typically, I hate anything on my feet – particuarly socks! But I love curling up under blankets and getting warm and cozy … especially with warm apple cider … YUM. Happy Almost Friday!!

I love the slippers! I have a pair of pink monkey slippers and they are always a huge hit. People love them. :)

I read the first Hunger Games book and I loved it. I’ve been waiting for the second one to come in from the library. It’s taking forever.

Ack I just love your frog slippers! I have some piggy ones that I’ve been dying to break out, and it looks like soon I’ll be able to because the weather is getting a bit chilly. And I know what you mean about it being harder to get a good shot of breakfast… I eat around 7 and the lack of lighting has been putting a serious dampener on my photography efforts!

I NEED to eat breakfast ASAP after waking up, so it’s a matter of what time I get up that I eat — it’s NEVER after 8am, my body can’t handle being hungry that long apparently!!
    So. I love your slippers. And I love The Hunger Games. And can’t decide which I love more!! haha. The slippers are comforting and epic but the Hunger Games is super-epic. I suppose they balance and are best enjoyed together??

The Hunger Games books are awesome! I got inspired to read them after watching the movie too! I read them all in like a week or two.

Weather has been nice in Georgia! Highs in the 70-80’s. It’s been awesome. And cool nights! Great for running.

9. Amanda N says

That’s a good idea for oatmeal, I never think to add fun stuff to it like that I normally just do cinnamon and a mashed banana. I eat breakfast around 7:30-8 so it’s not that dark out, but it certainly is when I wake up! It’s just about the perfect weather here! Cool and crisp in the mornings and slightly warm in the afternoons :) I have not read the hunger games books but I would like to see the movie!

Even though I like the season change, I’m with you. I don’t like it to be dark while I’m eating! I usually eat around 7, after working out, showering, and putting on makeup, so I’m starving by then! If I eat before going to the gym, running is out of the question so I wait and then have a nice big breakfast :)

I’m so glad that the heartbeat was perfect! That must have been the most amazing experience. I remember my US History Teacher, who was awesome and kind of a young guy – we all liked him and he started off each class with a sort of “stand up” routine, came in one day and just said, “I heard the most amazing thing yesterday. I heard my daughter’s heartbeat” and I think all of the girls in the class just lost it :)

SO funny you mentioned custard oats today, love!!!!!!! I thought of you when I ate my breakfast this morning and thought “I should REALLY try those custard oats…”

Gah! I loooveeee those slippers! And you are going to devour the Hunger Games series! I even got sad towards the end of the third one because I didn’t want them to end! ;) Have a great day, pretty lady!

I borrowed my sister’s copy of the Hunger Games. I really do wanna read it, but I can’t justify reading it when I have school work to be read. What can I say, I’m an enthusiast when it comes to accomplishing my work! haha

I always eat breakfast right after I wake up…usually between 6 and 7. Gotta rev up that metabolism!
    The Hunger Games are some of my very favorite books…I read each of them in a day and could.not.put.them.down!
    I live in Texas, so it’s still really warm/hot here…upper 80’s, low 90’s. Cooler weather would be so nice right now!