10/04: Thursday Thoughts

1. I have been eating peanut butter like it’s my job lately. I guess that pregnancy aversion is out the window… I’m blaming it on the fact that the baby needs lots of healthy fats and protein. Winking smile

2. I slept 10 glorious hours on Tuesday night. It was one of the best nights of sleep I’ve gotten in awhile. No weird dreams. No insomnia. No waking up starving. Amazing.

3. I don’t think my calves have ever been so sore after Saturday morning’s (short) run. The combo of hills and running outside will do that I guess. Needless to say, I was screaming at the foam roller earlier this week.

4. The weather has been in the low 70’s and sunny this week… Umm, can you say perfect?!

weather

5. Getting your sweat on and cleaning your whole house does wonders for blowing off some steam. It also makes you super productive. I guess there’s some positive in getting super de duper frustrated? Confused smile

6. My photos have truly been craptastic lately thanks to the decreasing amount of sunlight. I need some tips you pro photographers.

7. I’ve really been enjoying my new workout plan so far! I can’t wait to tell ya’ll more about it at the end of this week! I’ve never felt more out of shape in my life, but that’s a whole other story.

8. I need a new show to watch either online or on Netflix… Any suggestions?

9. That’s all I have today. See ya later alligator!

• What has the weather been like by you this week?
  • How do you deal with frustration/anger?
  • Any tips or links to posts that could help me with my photography skills during the winter months?
  • TV show suggestions??

Comments

It got cold this week, we are in the minuses (Celsius) this morning!
    I joked the other day that I need a punching bag ;) I used to run.
    I love Vampire Diaries which starts next week, but also awesome is New Girl and Two Broke Girls.

• Suze says

Pretty Little Liars is great and if you like that you’ll love Revenge on ABC. The first episode of season 2 was last Sunday. Season 1 should be on Netflix

Cleaning the entire house is so therapeutic for me too, great way to blow off steam. Bonus that you have a nice clean house when you’re done! Not sure what you’re in the mood for show-wise on Netflix, but if you want something quick, light, and funny I’d watch Coupling. It’s like the British version of Friends, really funny.

I don’t know of The Good Wife is on Netflix but it is one of my favorite shows!!

The weather is getting better here! It is still pretty warm most days(low 90’s, high 80’s) but we are in for a cool down this week. I think it is actually going to be a high of 59 this weekend. I am a little bit excited about it!!

My son has been eating pb on a spoon like crazy over here too! Haha!

I really like the show “New Girl” and I have to catch up on season one of it!

Happy Thursday!

Cleaning is one of my favorite (random) ways to blow off steam! Love it. Whenever I’m upset or frustrated, I clean. There’s just something so satisfying about having a clean place when other areas of my life are causing me stress.

Netflix-Once Upon a Time!! I just started & am obsessed! I loooovvveee it. It’s SUPER good, girl.

Lovin’ the good sleeps too :) Wahoo!

And yes, cleaning is a GREAT way to blow steam. Let me know if you wann chat & blow more steam?! I ‘m a good listener (most of the time….sometimes I wanna join in blowing off steam….whole other story. HAH)

So jealous of your weather! It was actually below freezing when I woke up this morning, and it doesn’t look like it’s going to get much better throughout the day. Brr. Makes me want to stay in and watch TV all day. Oh! And have you watched Dexter? That’s one of my favorite shows that I’m currently catching up on :)

8. ErikaMC says

It know it’s a few years old but I just finally watched Veronica Mars (it was only of for 3 seasons) and really enjoyed it.

I do too! I started the first episode and am still trying to decide if I like it or not. I suppose I should give it a few more episodes to decide for sure though!

Glad you got a good sleep and some of your frustrations out! Hope those frustrations stop soon, too ;) I have a camera flash trick I use in the fall/winter if you want to hear about it!

Is it your paper/envelope trick? I tried that last year and for whatever reason it didn’t work for me. :( I’m guessing I did it wrong?

I’m so glad you’re enjoying your new workout program!
    Ha ha. I have no photography tips I don’t even know how to work my iphone camera properly;)
    I agree with Annette above. Once Upon A Time is SO good!

Yeah the sunlight is your best tool as a photographer. I was going to do some recipe creation this morning but realized it was way too dreary to photograph. You can adjust your ISO and aperture to get a decent shot, but natural sunlight is the way to go.

Oh my goodness, SO COLD! My favorite PB? Hmm my favorite everyday peanut butter is Adam’s All Natural, but I do also love PB & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful and Dark Chocolate Dreams on special occasions!

12. Amanda N says

Cleaning the house is one of the best things to do when you are angry/mad. Especially if something really needs scrubbing! Jealous of your just about perfect weather, although I am loving this fall weather. Show on Netflix – The Killing or Hell on Wheels. (Hell on Wheels is a show I would not have picked but my husband made me watch it with him and I love it!)

Ahhh, I really need a foam roller…and some burning calves haha. Thank goodness PB was never an aversion for me – and do joke that if my baby’s allergic to pb that I’ll send it to its bubble whenever I want to eat it haha.

My standard shows: how I met your mother, Hawaii Five-0, Grey’s and Modern Family. I think I need a new one too!!

I find music helps me blow off steam – especially if I get the music matching my mood…it helps!

The weather has been super nice here!! In fact, last night at our running training practice, half of us girls were in sports bras because we were so hot! (However, we were running 5 x 1km repeats, so the tough workout probably had more than a little to do with it too. haha)
    We left for practice just after 6:20 and by the time we were done our 2 mile warm-up, it was completely dark and the streetlights were on!! I can’t believe how quickly the sun is down and how late its coming up! The longer days are definitely what I miss most about summer.
    Ps. Super happy you’re back on PB — I think my life would be incomplete without it. ;)

My boyfriend and I watch netflix every night and have gone through so many series already! Recently we had no Idea what to watch and found the show “Life”! It is SO good, I totally recommend it. It is about a Man who set up for a murder, went to jail for 12 years for the crime he didn’t committ and then was exonerated. He was a cop and once he is let out of prison, he becomes a cop/detective again. Every episode is about a different murder he and his partner solve, but also continues to tell his story. If you like crime/action/funny shows, this one is great!

I need a new show to watch too… so after I post here I am going to go through the comments and see if people have suggested anything! Yesss for serious amounts of PB back in your life, keep on going with that amazing substance that now makes regular appearances in my life!