Recipes You Must Try

It’s Monday already?! Whaaaat?

Well regardless of the fact that the weekend went by way too quickly, here we are at the beginning of a new week. At this rate, I have a feeling October may just fly by even faster than September. Crazy.

You may have noticed that new recipes here on My Food ‘N’ Fitness Diaries have been pretty… umm? Nonexistent these days? I’m no food blog, but I do like to create some recipes here and there and then share the decent ones with you. Unfortunately my creativity juices just haven’t been flowin’ much over here lately. I’m sure they’ll return at some point. In the meantime, I’ve been making other people’s fabulous recipes. Below are some of my recent favorites that I insist you must try!

Banana Bread Protein Pancakes (by Julie @ Peanut Butter Fingers)

I just talked about these this weekend, but they are definitely worth mentioning again. These pancakes are easy to make, full of healthy and real ingredients, satisfying, and delicious to boot!

PB&J Energy Bites (by Paige @ Your Trainer Paige)

These little guys are the perfect on-the-go snack. Not to mention they taste like a delicious PB&J sandwich in one little energy packed ball. Plan ahead and make these healthy snacks for a busy week!

Roasted Potato Broccoli & White Bean Soup (by Chelsey @ Clean Eating Chelsey)

This soup is hearty and very filling. It is chalk full of vegetables and protein but doesn’t taste like your traditional “healthy” soup. It’s the perfect soup for a rainy day!

Black Bean and Butternut Squash Burritos (by Angela @ Oh She Glows)

Initially I wasn’t sure how these flavors would all go together, but I was pleasantly surprised when all was said and done. I would even go so far as to say that this is one of the best recipes I’ve tried in a long time. I’m already looking forward to making them again!

259238522271751767_Pimz7IYh_c[1]

[photo by Angela]

Fall Harvest Salad (by Lauren @ Say What You Need To Say)

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again… This salad is downright amazing. It is bursting with fall flavors and produce, and it won’t leave you disappointed! So good!

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps (by Mel @ Mel’s Kitchen Café)

These little wraps reminded me a lot of good ol’ Chipotle burrito. Needless to say, they were a favorite in our house!

[photo by Mel]

Baker’s One Bowl Brownies (by Baker’s Chocolate)

I was craving brownies last weekend and had some leftover Baker’s Unsweetened Chocolate so I searched Baker’s website for an easy brownie recipe and came across this one. These brownies will knock your socks off! Cody and I loved them so much that I made them again this weekend to bring to our friends’ house on Saturday evening. Definitely a winner!

[Not the actual brownies… This is actually these.]

So there you have it… Some of my favorite recipes as of late! Do yourself a favor and try a few (or all!) of them out!

Have a great start to your week! Winking smile

• How often do you use recipes you see on blogs or websites?
  • What are some of your favorite recipes lately?

Comments

I like never make recipes from blogs at school unfortunately, but I love trying them out when I am home. AKA I pin all of the recipes I love and hopefully remember to look for them come Christmas!

Under my “Food” tab under “Breakfast” there is a Pumpkin Banana Bread recipe and a Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin recipe that you can take out the pumpkin and/or chocolate chips… They’re both pretty healthy.

Since I’m abroad in Moscow and living with a host family, I have not been able to cook for myself. I really miss cooking and trying out recipes that I’ve book marked from blogs. When I return home for the holidays I will have more recipes that I want to try than days to eat them! They all look so good!

I use other recipes often enough — but only as of late. I was too nervous in the kitchen to try any before, but I’m getting there, slowly but surely!!
    My Dad and I made a rocking soup yesterday. We boiled a mix of panta rice, barley, split peas and lentils with some water and sweet potato. Once the water was absorbed, we mashed the sweet potato and made it all creamy. Ohmygoodness — it is to die for!! I roasted some broccoli, cauliflower and beets and tossed it into mine last night to have with some salmon. Thought my tastebuds were going to burst with excitement. :)

My favorite recipe lately is the super easy pumpkin with cake mix only muffin/cupcake one. 1 lb pumpkin and yellow or spice cake mix is all you need to make some good for you pumpkin cupcakes. Low fat, fiber, easy, and yummy. I had some this weekend and bought ingredients to make more next weekend too.

It looks like you have been one busy little lady in the kitchen! I always see hundreds of amazing recipes on blogs, but I am really bad at remembering to go back to the blog and get that recipe! Any tricks for picking out your favorites? Do you just copy and paste the weblink whenever you see something you like? The soup and brownies definitely look right up my alley! :)

If I’m just browsing recipes or randomly come across one that I think we’ll like, I use Pinterest! It’s my best friend to help me keep organized with links I like!

I love posts like these! It’s so fun to see what recipes other bloggers are making! I’ve had those black bean and butternut squash burritos bookmarked for ages – I need to make them soon!

I haven’t made any new recipes in ages. School has been way too busy! :P

I’m glad you actually MAKE recipes, because I save a lot and then it goes into this realm of lost saved websites. If saved websites could roll their eyes at me, they would!

I want to get my creative juices flowing again too! I tried an acorn squash soup this weekend, but it was a flop, so it’s not really encouraging when that happens haha. Ah well, move on and try again! Happy Monday girl!

If a recipe really jumps out at me, I’ll definitely make it later. The best one I’ve made lately was Anne’s (fANNEtastic food) sweet potato and black bean veggie enchiladas! Even my meat-obsessed boyfriend was a fan. :-)

I’ve had Julie’s pancakes pinned for the longest time, I need to get around to trying those! And the black bean and butternut squash burritos look fantastic, I’ve been craving squash lately and searching for recipes, that looks like a winner!

Thanks for sharing these great recipes! I’m absolutely horrible when it come to trying out the recipes I find online. I seem to have so many bookmarked but I never actually get around to making them… really need to look in to changing that.

Hope your week is off to a great start!

Those energy bites look delicious and I always love Lauren’s salad recipes! She comes up with some really great ones that actually make me want to have a salad!

Oh anything wrapped in a tortilla is a gourmet dish in my terms. Your listing of recipes makes me want to learn how to actually cook!

Thank you for the recipe round up! These look great! I always/ often use blogs for inspiration. Not the best at following recipes and mine never look as good. Haha

14. Traci says

Thanks for sharing – I like this recipe roundup idea because I missed some of those posts or forgot I wanted to make them! I have that soup on my dinner rotation this week. :)

Mmmmm you made me hungry! I make recipes that I find on pinterest and blogs all the time (or at least use them for inspiration). I am definitely going to make those black bean and butternut squash burritos! I have a sweet potato black bean chili recipe that I adore, and I imagine that the flavors are similar!