10/18: Thursday Thoughts

1. My week is totally thrown off. We usually have church on Wednesday evenings, but we had a break this week. Yesterday felt like a Tuesday or something?

2. We took both of the pups to the vet yesterday. I left a proud mama as both dogs were in tip top shape!

3. Somehow my husband convinced me to start watching The Walking Dead with him. I think I’ve covered my face through half of the episodes so far. We’ll see how long I last.

4. You need to make these muffins. Annette shared one with me this past weekend, and I was an instant fan. Healthy AND delicious all in one! Can’t beat it!

[photo by Annette]

5. I had some extra energy on Monday so I decided to try out Fitnessista’s HallowLEAN Hill Workout. I did a walking version of it, and it still kicked my booty. It was a fun one!

6. I’m kinda sorta addicted to this crunchy Biscoff spread. I have a feeling I’ll have the jar polished off by the end of the week no problem. Aaaand considering I just bought it last week… That doesn’t say much for my self control with it. Needless to say, it’ll only be making an occasional appearance in our pantry from here on out!

Embedded image permalink

7. Good thing Kindergarteners are super cute and tell the best most random stories because they sure are a lot of work! I only substituted for half the day, and I was already wiped by the time noon rolled around!

8. My new favorite protein packed snack is The Simply Bar Chile Protein Chips with cottage cheese. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it! So good!

9. Who knew a “gentle” prenatal yoga video could make your shoulders so doggone sore?! Holy moly!

10. Does anyone else randomly bust out singing just because? We were on a walk yesterday evening, and the sun was going down. We rounded a corner and the sun shot me right in the eyes so of course I started singing “Blinded by the light!” I think my husband wanted to run home without me.

11. I feel like I have a zillion other random thoughts and stories I could share with you this week, but I’ll leave with you with that. Smile Have a super day!

• Have you ever had Biscoff spread? What about the crunchy kind?
  • Please tell me I’m not the only one that randomly busts out a song on occasion?
  • Share one of your thoughts with me this week!

Comments

I reallllly want to try Justin’s Maple Almond Butter. I’ve heard so much about it and always passed it up because I love nut butter way too much as it is. I finally decided to allow myself to get it last time and they were SOLD OUT. Probably for the best. lol.

I am obsessed with scambled eggs with veggies topped with Cholula and hummus. The flavors are SO good together.

Yes kindergartener age kids are a lot of work! I can’t imagine a class full of them and then trying to teach them on top of it! Yay for healthy dogs, I think that means you will be an A plus momma!

So happy your pups are healthy! Nothing makes me happier than when Tebow comes home from the vet with a gold star :) those apple muffins look great and considering I still have a ton of apples from the orchard left, I may just have to make them!

I’ve only had the TJ’s cookie butter, which is maybe similar? But it is incredible! I have yet to buy a jar of it for myself, though. I’m afraid that I would polish it off in a matter of days…
    Your puppies are soooo cute. I have major puppy fever. But I know that if I got one dog, I’d have to get another. I definitely want to own two, so that they’d be each others buddy when I’m not home!

A friend tried to get me to watch the Walking Dead… I said that would be a no unless I had someone to tell me what was going on while I covered my eyes lol. I have never had biscoff but have always wanted to try it, I need to find the crunchy since crunchy spreads are my go to favorite!

I have a minor Walking Dead obsession – I love that Cody convinced you to watch it because I’m of the mindset that it’s pretty much the best show ever. :-D

When I’m driving, if a song comes on the radio that I know I turn the car into my personal karaoke bar. :-D

Oh yes, I bust out random tunes all the time. Especially when I’m alone, then I realize how weird I look if anyone could see me. It’s slightly awkward;) I want to see Walking Dead but I’m a little hesitant to start it because I don’t want to be scared out of my mind ha ha.

Haha I don’t always bust out in song, but I do bust out some dance moves! I was with my brother waiting for his wife before the Bulls game on Tuesday and there was a van playing Hammer Time. I started dancing and he walked away…

Where do you find such delicious Biscoff spread?!

Glad you like the muffin! Oh, and cottage cheese with those chips sounds fantastic to me!

And yes, I do randomly break out into song…but so does the hubs. So we’re perfect for each other ;)

10. Sharon says

My husband loves watching the Walking Dead, as well – lol. And with streaming on Netflix, he can watch a billion episodes. But, I can’t stomach it – good luck!!!

And yes, I love singing “If I had a million dollars” by Barenaked Ladies. ;)

11. maya says

Me and my friends… walking around… singing songs from our parents time… singing pop songs… singing show tunes… people giving us the look…SO MUCH FUN!!!

I have a jar of Cookie Butter from Trader Joe’s in my cabinet, and I heard that it’s similar to Biscoff spread. But I’ve had that thing probably since May and have barely made a dent in it. I think it’s really good, but it’s just not something I grab when I’m craving a sweet treat!

I’ve never tried Biscoff, but I just noticed it popping up in my grocery store, so I’m sure I’ll be trying it soon enough.

YES to singing. I usually make up my own random songs though. I have about 5 songs that I sing to our dog… all Erica originals. ;-)

The cookie spread from Trader Joes is my Biscoff spread. I.cannot.control.myself. ha and I bust out singing way too often. I have had to control it since finding an office job. For some reason my co worker’s don’t seem to appreciate the amazing concerts I give them!

I like the TJ’s cookie spread too, but unfortunately we don’t have TJ’s here. I think I like the Biscoff brand a little better though!

whoa there~I loooove biscoff spread and haven’t had it in a while!! But I’ve never heard of the crunchy kind, but I can already imagine the texture. Mmm. And I used to love scary stuff but now I’m kind of like, ahhhh I don’t need more “stress” in my life, hehe.

I’ve never had Biscoff spread but I am ADDICTED to biscoff cookies so I feel like I would truly enjoy them. And don’t worry I randomly burst into songs as well and it’s terrible when I hate the song I’m singing too :D

Not only do I randomly want to burst into song sometimes….I also love specifically singing “blinded by the light!” I swear it always pops into my head whenever it’s really bright (sunny, bright headlights, flashlights…). I thought I was the only one! haha

Number 10 is too dang cute, and yes… I do in fact do that too! Especially in the car, even when the radio is not on! Yeah, cool kid status ;)
    Biscoff spread is in fact crack in a jar, addicting to say the least! I actually always feel a tad sick after eating some of it lol, but a good sick, ya know!