10/25: Thursday Thoughts

1. Thank you all for your help with my cookie dough problem. I foresee a lot of vegan cookie dough in my near future. Winking smile

2. Umm apparently it decided to all of a sudden be winter here this week? I’m not so sure how I feel about this…

weather

3. I just found out that my mom, step dad, and brother are coming to visit us for Thanksgiving! I am BEYOND thrilled! Oh, and I can’t forget their incredibly adorable Rottweiler, Duke, is coming along as well. Ryan and Molly adore their best bud, so they’re pretty stoked too.

4. I LOVE this Luna bar flavor… It reminds me of an Almond Joy. Please try one and enjoy it in all of its yummy-ness.

Embedded image permalink

5. I’m so excited for date night tomorrow! I feel like I haven’t seen much of my husband this past week, so I’m looking forward to some good quality time with him.

249582_3963665442921_1853889001_n[1][One of our previous date nights!]

6. I’ve been on quite the soup + grilled cheese kick this week. I think I’ve had it at least three different times. It hits the spot on these chilly days we’ve been having!

7. I hate late afternoon prenatal doctor’s appointments… It’s like torture all day until I get to go. Say some prayers that our babe is looking strong and healthy!

8. Please tell me this makes you drool…

211598882463565098_KqKXP5pv_c[1][source]

9. The winner of the HUMAN Healthy Vending giveaway is Erica @ For the Sake of Cake! Congrats Erica! Please email me your shipping info!

Capture

Capture

10. Lastly, I encourage you to keep this in mind as you go about your day…

106890191127485300_Zg4whwit_c[1][source]

• What is the weather like where you live this week?
  • What are your plans for Thanksgiving?
  • What is your favorite Luna bar flavor?

Comments

1. Becky Przy says

Enjoy your date night! Its cold, rainy, windy and snowy here:-( Make me want to cuddle up on the couch and watch movies.

That Luna bar is my favorite flavor and I don’t even like coconut!

Good luck at your appointment! I love, love that Luna bar flavor. Definitely my favorite, along with the peanut honey pretzel one.
    Those temps look like the ones we are expecting in Pittsburgh next week. Not looking forward to that AT ALL!

Sorry to hear about the weather by you… I hope you had a wonderful birthday week regardless though! Happy Birthday!

Praying for your appointment to be nothing but good news! :) The weather has been on the 80’s yesterday and today (!), but it’s supposed to be back in the high 50’s and low 30’s this weekend. A high of 34 where you live though? I think mother nature is skipping fall and heading straight to winter!

That’s just the way Utah is – so fickle! This weekend it was back to highs in the 50’s & 60’s, and it looks like it’ll continue that way through this week.

You are so right about that Luna Bar flavor – it is incredible! The coconut chocolate flavor reminds me of Samoa girl scout cookies, yum!

We already have snow! Which is crazy, usually its not this early.
    Canadian Thanksgivng was a few weeks ago and we do not have yummy Luna bars here!
    Good luck at your appt today :) Oh and that french toast looks so good might have to make it this weekend.

It has been in the high 80’s here this week and while it is nice, I am actually ready for a cool down. Nothing like what you are having but 60’s and 70’s sound really nice right now.

That Luna bar is by far my favorite one. It is so delicious!!!

My husband and I are doing our first thanksgiving just the two of us because it is so far to travel to see our family and so close to christmas. I am excited to relax and do our own thing instead of get stressed out about traveling and splitting time between both families–as much as I will miss seeing them. I am glad your family is coming to visit, and have fun on date night!

I’ve been wanting grilled cheese and tomato soup ever since I saw it on your WIAW post! That stinks that you’re having a premature winter! It’s actually unseasonably warm here in the northeast, I’m trying to make the most of it because there’s a rumor that hurricane Sandy could become a nor’easter? Snow already? Please no!

9. Amanda N says

Weather this week has been chilly in the morning and evening but relatively warm in the afternoon. I actually some some Late July Brand products at the store this weekend (or maybe they were thee a ll along but because I saw it in your post I noticed it in the store). I’ll have to buy some next time I go! Not sure about Thanksgiving yet, with my Husband’s Grandmother’s house or my parent’s house. Hope all is well with your appointment later!

That’s so crazy because I am in Washington DC and we had a heat wave this week. It was mid-80s yesterday! So crazy. I hope we have another mild winter. I know people hate it because of the bugs but I love it because I can marathon train in December and January.

I just found out my fam is coming for Thanksgiving too :) It means we have to split our time with both families but it’s totally worth it!

Have fun at date night–Ryan’s been in Korea for work and gets home tomorrow night so we’re off to celebrate our anniversary on Saturday (which is today)…YAY!!

It snowed here in colorado too! I am so not ready for it!!! We are heading back to AZ for Thanksgiving, so glad your family gets to come to you! I know what living away from family is like and it is not fun.

Me neither! And yes, I’m sure you know what it’s like to be away from family too. I can’t wait to go out to AZ for Christmas!

Haha it came a little too early in my opinion, but it looks like it’ll be nice again this next week so I’ll be ok if it comes in waves. ;)

How exciting your family is coming for Thanksgiving!! That will make it so much better! :) We get to go home, and we are beyond thrilled!
    The weather here has been so warm… high 70’s but tomorrow we get the cold weather coming in and it will stay cold! Yuck. ;)

Funny you mention weather.. apparently NY is expected to get a major snow storm next week. I’m not looking forward to that lol last year at this time we had one and power was out for weeks lol

It’s actually been unseasonably warm here this week. I went for a run in the afternoon yesterday, and I had to cut it short because I was getting overheated! It’s supposed to be in the high 70s again today, and then it’s going back down into the 40s and 50s. Crazy weather. I’ll say a prayer that your appointment goes well :)!

Yay for your family coming for Thanksgiving! Its always so much more of a celebration with a bigger group of family, I love it! Oh goodness, I can’t believe your weather forecast!!! And people think Canada is cold;) Has it already snowed where you are?! Thinking of you today and hope your baby is still kicking on strong and looking healthy!!!

It’s been near 80 yesterday and today and then starting tomorrow it’s only going to be in the 40’s. Crazy town.

I LOVE that flavor Luna Bar, it’s one of my all time favorites. That and chocolate peppermint stick. Yummm.

It’s supposed to SNOW here this week! I can’t even believe it, living in the Baltimore area. In New England, I expect it. Not here. No way. That’s awesome that your family is coming for Thanksgiving! That’s what the day should be about, and it’s so nice to be able to spend it with the people you love :)

WAHOO!! Family coming into town for T-Day! That rocks, girl!

Whatcha all doing for date night? We’re having one too, and I am so excited. I’ve hardly seen my man either, boo.

Gotta try that Luna bar. I LOVE coconut & choc.

We just went to Olive Garden (we had a gift card) and went to the dollar theater! Cheap and simple. ;) Hope you guys enjoyed your date night too!

Thanks for linking up my French Toast! Thank you & glad you like the looks of it! :)

Best of luck on your appt! I remember when I was pregnant, you never take even the ‘routine’ appointments for granted and on that day, and days leading up them! – that’s all I would think about :) Hope it’s an easy-breezy appt for you!

Ive never tried that Luna flavor but Ive wanted to – I bet I would love it!

That snow makes me a weeee bit nervous. Shane and I are flying into Denver in a couple weeks, then driving down to stay in CO Springs. Hopefully the heavy snow stays away until after then!

Wow I can’t believe that you guys got snow already. It’s been cold, windy, and gloomy here for the past 2 weeks but we haven’t had much of the white stuff yet. I always thought that us up here in Canada would lead the way when it came to that!

It’s been really dark and dreary…wet but humid. About 13celcius (55F)…it’s set to drop to about 8celcius this weekend (about 45F). We don’t have Luna Bars in Ireland..I tried a few of them when I was in Vancouver…the caramel nut brownie and the smores ones were pretty good, would love to try more though!Chocolate and coconut sounds amazing! Does it taste like a bounty bar? Wouldn’t say no to the white chocolate macadamia either though mind you!

I can’t say I’ve ever tried a bounty bar, so I’m not sure! The White Chocolate Macademia is another one of my favorites!

If I could I would totally trade weather with you. Here in Cali its going to be high 80’s low 90’s! So not fall weather!

If I get a new stove I will be cooking Thanksgiving…if I don’t…well the family doesn’t get anything. They have been warned. But in years past I usually do the whole traditional Thanksgiving meal, which is so different to my in-laws they love it!
    Happy to see that you get some family visitors this year! Can’t wait for it to happen!

Oh my gosh–I can’t believe you’re having such cold weather there! It’s been summer-like here, and I can’t say I hate it! ;)

I need to get my hands on those Luna bars–and some of that french toast, for that matter!

Saying a prayer that everything is healthy for you and the babe! XO

The weather just went from 80 to 40 today… I love it!! Craig and I are having date night tomorrow too – I have been looking forward to it all week! For the last two weeks, actually :-) I hope you and Cody have a great time!!

And girl, I am so glad that you mentioned Thanksgiving. It makes it seem like it’s soon – and it actually is coming up pretty quickly!