Weekend Shenanigans

Welcome to another Monday! Smile

It was a great weekend over here. Nothing too crazy went down, but it was just an overall good few days. I feel refreshed and ready to conquer a new week which always reassures me that it was a quality weekend.

Friday Evening

I always consider the beginning of the weekend Friday evening. We headed out to eat at Red Robin since we had a gift card to use up. Going out to eat is a treat for us since we don’t make it a regular occurrence unless we have gift cards or have a special occasion to celebrate. I ordered a veggie burger on a whole wheat bun with a side salad and Cody enjoyed his beloved mushroom hamburger.

With full bellies, we wandered over to IKEA since it was on our way home. I’ve been researching various cribs that we’d like for when the baby comes, so I thought it’d be a good idea to check out some of the options IKEA might have. Unfortunately, there wasn’t much. They only had a couple different styles, and they all were rather cheap looking. Oh well. We still had fun wandering around along the “yellow brick road” as Cody calls the pathway they make throughout the store. At one point, I came out from the bathroom to this goofy guy. He makes my life too fun for words.

Saturday

The peaceful morning began with no alarm clocks, a leisurely breakfast, and some blog reading. It was glorious!

Capture

I finally got my rear in gear and broke a sweat with this fun 45 minute cardio and strength workout video. It’s a little “old school”, but it’s a good way to break things up and do something different.

Embedded image permalink

After my workout, the pups and I walked over to our neighborhood park to watch Cody play in his flag football game. It was a beautiful morning and the dogs were awesome cheerleaders. Winking smile

Embedded image permalink

The rest of the afternoon we started chipping away at our November To-Do List. We were both really happy with the progress we made. The basement got vacuumed and cleaned up, the office is looking less and less like a tornado went through it, and we took photos of our yard.

After chatting with both of my parents on the phone for awhile, we headed out to donate some books and clothes at our nearby thrift store and got our Costco trip out of the way for the week.

Embedded image permalink

Later that evening we decided to use another one of our gift cards (I have no idea how we managed to accumulate all of these gift cards – ha!) and indulged in some ice cream at Coldstone. I got cookie dough mixed into their Sweet Cream ice cream in a waffle bowl. It was everything I had hoped for and more.

Embedded image permalink

We rented The Avengers from Redbox, and I proceeded to fall fast asleep about twenty minutes into the movie. No surprise there. Winking smile

Sunday

The only thing I appreciate about this whole Daylight Savings business is the extra hour we got this weekend. I enjoyed it by getting a solid ten hours of sleep Saturday night and took my time to getting ready for church rather than rushing off like we normally do.

Church was another busy but great morning. I also had a lunch meeting that lasted until about 2:30 PM, and then we headed home to relax. I plopped on the couch, did some blog stuff, and meal planned for the upcoming week. The rest of the evening consisted of dinner, Netflix, researching baby items, and crashing early.

It was a good weekend indeed!

• How often do you go out to eat? What are some of your favorite restaurants?
  • What did you do this weekend?

Comments

I used to never, EVER go out to restaurants. Perhaps once or twice a year, if that. And now I’m finding myself going at least once a week (if you count a bakery as a restaurant, which I TOTALLY do!! ;) ) and could not be enjoying it more. It’s about the company and truly excellent food. I was a hermit and a miserly penny-pincher for years — it feels great to let go of my anxiety and say yes!!
    I had a really, really great weekend too. Yours sounds like it was playfully quaint!! Cory is a total jokester. So fabulous!

Sounds like a lovely weekend just catching up on stuff and relaxing. Ikae is such a surreal shop. Good to give ideas but I do find a lot of the stuff can be a bit cheap and won’t last forever. Saying that though we have a brilliant dinning room table that is really sturdy from them! And WOW to the cookie and ice cream, yum!

I agree with you on Ikea! Our bedroom set is from there, and it’s been great for us. However, some other stuff I just wouldn’t buy there.

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I haven’t been to IKEA in ages and think I may need to get my butt to one before Christmas. I was definitely enjoying the extra hour yesterday but by 4pm, I regretted ever saying it. It gets dark way too early now. :(

I eat out usually one lunch a week and once a week with my husband. We love Mucho Burrito (like Chipotle), Subway, Wok Box and Opa for quick options.
    We also tackled out November to do list! Even got the Christmas lights up since we had a break from the snow yesterday.

I go out to eat more than I should….the boyfriend and I are always brining take-out to each other’s places when we meet up in the evenings. Our favorite places to go are a little dive mexican place near his house, or make-your-own salad place near my house.

This weekend was football, UCLA tailgating, lots of gym time (teaching Bodypump both days and running a total of 16.5 miles), baking (homemade butterfingers) and SLEEP, glorious SLEEP!

6. Sharon says

What a nice weekend! I love getting some quality relaxation in at night, after tackling projects during the day. My husband and I only eat out a couple times a month – money is tight these days! But, we enjoy chinese food and Laughing Planet Cafe (based here in Oregon) – their veggie tofu bowls are to die for!

Your weekend sounds great, especially all the quality time with Cody on Saturday! And I don’t go to restaurants often (maybe once a month) but I do eat from to-go type places a few times a week… It’s a bad habit.

8. Traci says

I don’t go out to eat as much since I moved out after college. I figure it is better for my health AND my budget! I probably go out to dinner once a month now, and maybe out to lunch once or twice a month. My favorites are a local sushi place, California Pizza Kitchen, PF Changs, and a local Lebanese/Mediterranean place.

I agree about the IKEA furniture – it depends what it is. We have a bedroom set and futon from there and they work just fine for us, but other items I wouldn’t bother for quality/durability.

Awe, sounds like such a great and relaxing weekend! I haven’t been out too eat in a long time actually. Probably because my friends and I are all too poor to eat out all the time ha ha;)I wish we had an Ikea here, I absolutely love that store!

10. Koryn @ **soon-to-be wife & blogger** ;-) says

Hi Ashley! I’m new to the blogging world, but I so enjoy reading your blogs… especially being an aspiring nutritionist (will have my Masters in Nutrition next year – YAY!) and a soon-to-be wife (#26 Days)! =) My fiance and I go out to eat at least once or twice a week, but I actually look forward to making more meals at home once we’re married. Some of our fave restaurants are Panera Bread and any good seafood restaurants… we love fried calamari appetizers (on occasion) and absolutely love salmon! It was pretty relaxing wknd for me as well… finishing up wedding planning with the hubby-to-be and we went to morning & evening service at church on Sunday (it’s our church’s 27th Anniversary :).

P.S. Haven’t been to Red Robin in a while, but I almost Always get the veggieburger & side salad when I do… ya know, when I don’t get the fries as a side (my weakness)! Lol! :)

I hardly ever eat out; partially because its so expensive in Ireland and mainly because we lack any vegan restaurants and the vast majority offer little other than veggies as a vegan option….I actually worked this Saturday in my favourite wholefood (one of 3 or so in the country :) ) restaurant. Favourite activity is definitely leisurely breakfasts and blog reading!!! So with you on that one!

We never go out to eat either. Unless its right before or right after my husband deploys then we have to hit all our favorite restuarants because either he wont eat at them for the next 9 months or he hasnt for the last 9 months…It also results in about a 5 lb weight gain each time, but its worth it :)

I WISH we had more gift cards. I always wonder where people get all these gift cards? I guess the husband and I aren’t using our puppy eyes enough hahah…totally kidding! If we eat out, it’s cheap and I know that sounds bad, but there are some goodie restaurants you can find for cheap (our fave is actually Thai and is around $20 take-out for 2 delicious dishes).

I was pretty productive with cleaning and getting organized this weekend! Nothing exciting, but it always feels nice to get things done!!

Haha we get gift cards in spurts… Recently we had our anniversary and a staff appreciation day at church which helped this time around. ;)

Oh yes, there were plenty of people! Lol. He never gets embarrassed… I’m a different story though so he’s always trying to embarrass me. :)

14. Naomi says

I don’t really go out to restaurants very often, but for ice cream or frozen yogurt it’s a completely different story! Haha. My fiance and I both have major weaknesses for ice cream :)

The boy and I usually go out once every week or two..although maybe a little more often for froyo – which is happening Wednesday, by the way :-p

Next time I’m going out is for lunch on Sunday when my parents come up to visit! Super excited to see them!