11/08: Thursday Thoughts

1. It has been the most beautiful week! Blue skies, sunshine, and temperatures in the low to mid 60’s. Perfection!

Embedded image permalink

2. I cleaned all of our blinds on Tuesday. Like every single blind blade individually. It was the most tedious chore ever, I hated every minute of it, but it was totally worth it. I’m crazy.

3. Congratulations to this awesome lady on her pregnancy! She and her husband rock at making some pretty darn adorable kiddos.

4. I saw this on Courtney’s blog the other day, and I had to share it. It totally brought me back to my childhood!

[source]

5. Courtney and Julie inspired me with their recent “friends’ Thanksgiving” dinners to host our own this weekend! It’ll super fun and delicious!

6. Is anyone else terrible at remembering to get their oil changed? I finally got mine changed this week after telling myself I need to do it for… oh, the past 4 months? Oops.

7. Umm I really want to find this pudding… I’m intrigued!

279786195570067929_lbAQULlS_c[1][source]

8. This heartburn stuff is really not cool. Like not cool at all. It loves to pay me a visit pretty much right after dinner every night. Gotta love these awesome pregnancy side effects. Winking smile

9. Aaaand I’m out. Make it a great day my lovely friends!

• What would you deem as the most tedious chore ever?
  • Can anyone else relate to the 90’s kid thing?

Comments

If that first picture is one from your town — it’s breath-taking!! Wow!! You’re SO lucky to live somewhere SO beautiful!
    The chore I find most tedious is laundry folding — mainly because I don’t see a point to it … And it’s totally on my to-do list today. No fun. It would be fun if I could get that pudding as a way to reward myself though!! Oh my. We NEVER have good flavours up here in Canada (apparently you guys have gingerbread oreos?!) — so I might have to live vicariously though others on that one!!

It sure is where we live, and yes, it’s very beautiful! I despise folding laundry as well. I think every week as I’m folding laundry I have to remind myself that I’m thankful I have clothes to fold, AND it really only takes me about 20-30 minutes to do.

Yeah I should totally clean my blinds too, but I can’t bear how tedious it’ll be. It’s one of those reeeally nasty jobs. That and cleaning skirting boards…seriously. Like once a year jobs…if that… whoops.

I’ve never had pregnancy heartburn, but I do get heartburn frequently! Some things that help are chewing gum immediately after eating, ginger (tea or chews), and sleeping on your left side(this one ALWAYS works for me) if you get it during the night. Hope one of these works for you!

Putting away the dishes from the dishwasher and folding and putting away clothes are those chores that are always most tedious/annoying.. :) lol! I can relate to all of the ’90s activities! I read today that Boy Meets World is coming to Disney as a sequel and I cannot wait! Best show! Lol

Folding laundry is another one of my dreaded chores! And YES, I heard about the Boy Meets World sequel! So exciting!

I agree with cleaning blinds. Good for you for doing it! I just pay someone to come and take them down, clean them and put them up – haha.
    Yes I love that 90s kid thing! Loved Oregon Trail.
    Going to get my oil changed this morning!

We are pretty darn lucky here weather-wise. However, we do have our fair share of ugly days during the winter due to the inversion/pollution we get from the surrounding mountains.

I love that 90′s kid thing!! haha so funny!!! I hate unloading the dishwasher, not sure why I find it so annoying, but I’d rather wash all the dishes by hand then have to unload just to put dirty dishes away. haha I’m nuts!

I love that 90′s thing. Makes me laugh. The weather has been pretty decent here too! I’m impressed. I’m quite curious about this candy cane jello, I’m trying to wrap my head around it and see if it would taste good.

Tedious…changing bed sheets…I’m just no good at it! Watch out with tomatoes, citrus fruits and peppermint…they can all aggravate the heartburn as well as juices and any high fat foods…including nut butter unfortunately :( They’ll cause your stomach to produce more acid. Bananas, Aloe Vera juice and Ginger can all help alleviate it!

9. Koryn @ **soon-to-be wife & blogger** ;-) says

I did a Friendsgiving back in 2010 with my twin sis and my best friend from Tennesseee…small group but we had the BEST time & made lots of good food! Great idea, indeed! :) I agree with mostly everyone else on the most tedious chore – definitely laundry folding. Seems so pointless, yet must be done. ;)

Lol- I love that 90′s thing. I can relate to all of those….especially the Oregon trail day at school, that game was so awesome.
    Ugh and most tedious chore? For some reason I have gotten so lazy since having a dishwasher that I am super lazy when it comes to hand washing wine glasses. they will sit on the counter for days…..

My dad’s always telling me that the easiest way to clean blinds (if you have the plastic kind) is to take them down, put them in the bathtub, and basically just hose them off… it doesn’t make me do it any more often, but hey it’s good to know! Haha :)

Thank you for the reminder because I do need an oil change!! haha

Mine isn’t heartburn, but not being able to sleep…hence the awake at 5am, kill some time on the internet making blog posts AND reading others haha!