Cody and I woke up this morning, and he said to me, “It kinda feels like Christmas morning,” and I told him that I was thinking the same exact thing. Probably the biggest reason it feels like Christmas would be the snowy wonderland we woke up to outside our windows. It’s so beautiful!
I could even go as far to say that we haven’t had this good of a snow at our house since two winters ago. Last winter was totally lame, and we barely got any snow. Our house isn’t right up against the mountains like a lot of Salt Lake City is, so we don’t usually get hit by the snow quite as hard. By the time mid January rolls around, I appreciate the fact that we don’t get much snow. I do love a good snowfall in November and December though, right around the holidays.
Not only is the snow making it feel rather “Christmas-y” around here, but we are also having our big Friends’ Thanksgiving dinner this evening! We braved the snow last night to get our groceries, and today will be spent cleaning up the house and cooking the day away. I’m excited – it should be fun!
In honor of this day that feels like Christmas, I had to start out the day with more of a special breakfast. Not only that, but it is Saturday morning… You know I love my Saturday morning breakfasts.
Coconut & Caramelized Banana Stuffed French Toast
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of milk
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/2-1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 banana
- Whisk together egg, cinnamon, and milk in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil to frying pan and turn heat to medium.
- Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture to coat each side evenly and place in frying pan.
- Slice the banana in half length-wise and place in same frying pan as the bread.
- Flip bread after about 2-3 minutes or until they are lightly toasted, and flip banana every 1-2 minutes or until each side is golden.
- When the banana and bread is finished, layer them bread, banana, bread on a plate.
- Top with hot maple syrup and/or any of your other favorite toppings!
You guys… I couldn’t stop raving about this breakfast to Cody. I even told him that this was the best breakfast I’ve made in a long time. That says something! I can’t wait to make this one again and again!
With that, I’m off to start preparing for our Friends’ Thanksgiving feast! Have a good one!
- Does it snow where you live? If so, do you like the snow?
- What was the last best breakfast you’ve had?