It Kinda Feels Like Christmas Morning…

Good morning!!

Cody and I woke up this morning, and he said to me, “It kinda feels like Christmas morning,” and I told him that I was thinking the same exact thing. Probably the biggest reason it feels like Christmas would be the snowy wonderland we woke up to outside our windows. It’s so beautiful!

Embedded image permalink

I could even go as far to say that we haven’t had this good of a snow at our house since two winters ago. Last winter was totally lame, and we barely got any snow. Our house isn’t right up against the mountains like a lot of Salt Lake City is, so we don’t usually get hit by the snow quite as hard. By the time mid January rolls around, I appreciate the fact that we don’t get much snow. I do love a good snowfall in November and December though, right around the holidays.

Not only is the snow making it feel rather “Christmas-y” around here, but we are also having our big Friends’ Thanksgiving dinner this evening! We braved the snow last night to get our groceries, and today will be spent cleaning up the house and cooking the day away. I’m excited – it should be fun!

In honor of this day that feels like Christmas, I had to start out the day with more of a special breakfast. Not only that, but it is Saturday morning… You know I love my Saturday morning breakfasts.

frenchtoast

Coconut & Caramelized Banana Stuffed French Toast

Servings: 1

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

• 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • dash of milk
  • 2 slices whole wheat bread
  • 1/2-1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1/2 banana

Directions:

1. Whisk together egg, cinnamon, and milk in a bowl.
  2. Add coconut oil to frying pan and turn heat to medium.
  3. Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture to coat each side evenly and place in frying pan.
  4. Slice the banana in half length-wise and place in same frying pan as the bread.
  5. Flip bread after about 2-3 minutes or until they are lightly toasted, and flip banana every 1-2 minutes or until each side is golden.
  6. When the banana and bread is finished, layer them bread, banana, bread on a plate.
  7. Top with hot maple syrup and/or any of your other favorite toppings!

You guys… I couldn’t stop raving about this breakfast to Cody. I even told him that this was the best breakfast I’ve made in a long time. That says something! Winking smile I can’t wait to make this one again and again!

With that, I’m off to start preparing for our Friends’ Thanksgiving feast! Have a good one!

• Does it snow where you live? If so, do you like the snow?
  • What was the last best breakfast you’ve had?

Comments

I don’t think that there’s a single shred of doubt in my mind that I’m going to be making these once I wake up. I had an incredibly busy overnight shift, and I can’t imagine anything better to keep my dreams sweet through my daytime slumber!! ;)
    Gorgeous snowfall!! It reminds me of a young bride — precious, sweet, clean, and new!

Hey Ashley – Your snowy picture looks so pretty. We do get snow and I love the snow. I could so without the cold, but I love the snow. There is just something so peaceful and beautiful about a fresh coat of snow.

It is also so much fun to take the little ones outside, they are just in awe. They almost don’t know what to do. I fell in love with the snow so much more when I could watch my girls play in it. Just wait till you watch your sweet baby play in the snow in a few years. You will love it even more. :) Thanks for sharing.

That looks amazing! I had a chia seed parfait this morning with figs and blackberries and whole load of almond butter…it was pretty yummy! We got no snow last year and a whole load the year before so much so that the country pretty much went in to shut down for two weeks. We’re not equipped to deal with it here!

Mm snow. It definitely makes everything feel 100x more Christmasy. I actually can’t even imagine a Christmas without snow, so I guess I’m pretty lucky to live where I do because we get tonnes of snow every winter. Actually, this past week it’s been snowing like crazy so we’re kind of buried over here. The only thing that sucks about it is the cold… and the driving! But other than that, its so pretty and cozy :)

I agree, the cold temps and driving in it is NO fun, but it sure is beautiful when you can look at it from inside under the blankets! :)

It looks so beautiful! I love snow! I wish we got some, but sadly we hardly ever get snow. Your breakfast looks amazing. French toast is the best.

Here in Texas it usually doesn’t snow, but sometimes the weather totally surprises us and we get lots of snow. If we do get snow, it’s usually only once a season, though. Your breakfast looks delish, I’ll have to give that a try!

First of all, WOW! That photo of the snow looks like the snow I’ve seen in movies! Can you believe that I’ve never experienced a real snowfall in my entire life? :(

And secondly, that French toast seems like it would’ve gone perfectly with the cold weather and toasty inside. You lucky girl!

I can believe it because I barely ever experienced snowfall living in AZ most of my life either… It’s definitely something you must experience though! It’s just gorgeous!

I’m really surprised that you have snow as we don’t (seeing as I live more northern in Canada lol), because we could potentially set a record today since back in the 30s or 40s (or something! haha) for being the warmest day today. I’m fine with that because I think it’s suppose to dip back down in a few days, so I’ll take the few warm ones while they’re still here :) ….then you can catch me down in Florida! haha

That snow looks beautiful! It doesn’t snow here! I hate the cold but love snow. How exciting Christmas is coming and next year you’ll have a little baby!!!