Weekend Highlights

Whew! I don’t know about you, but my weekend flew by a little too quickly for my taste. I can’t believe we’re already here at the beginning of a new week! Nonetheless, it was a really great weekend all around. Let me give you a little glimpse of the highlights!

• A new-to-us homemade pasta recipe that is a new favorite for our little family!

Capture

• Snow, snow, and more SNOW all weekend long. It sure is beautiful.

Embedded image permalink

frenchtoast

• Lots of yummy food for our “Friendsgiving” dinner! We had turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, jalapeno creamy corn casserole, and rolls. All of it was so delicious!

• Lots of fun laughs and conversations with great friends at our Friendsgiving meal.

• Leftovers from our Friendsgiving… Made into a turkey & cranberry sandwich with sweet potato casserole on the side. Some of my favorites!

Our weekend ended on a great note with some relaxation and downtime at home!

Cheers to a new week! Winking smile

**You may have noticed the blog looks a little different this morning… I’m messing around with some formatting stuff, so thank you for your patience as I try to figure it out!**

• What were some of your weekend highlights?
  • What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving food leftovers?

Comments

Sounds like a lovely weekend! And so glad the Friendsgiving turned out well. The best thing about this all is that you will never run out of leftovers with the real Thanksgiving coming up next week! :) Happy Monday.

Weekend highlights included rocking a tough situation at work. A fabulous run yesterday. Playing my favourite card game (cribbage) with my Dad for the first time in too long. Starting a new and fabulous book. And finding out that my tummy can tolerate lattes again!! Have to say, it was pretty fabulous! :D
    I can wait for it to snow here, but I’m very much looking forward to the quaint winter wonderland feeling. Your Friendsgiving looks like a tonne of fun — what a charming-looking group!!
    Oh. And leftover turkey sandwiches hold a special place in my heart. Delicious and they make it easier to deal with the fact that the holidays are over (except that they aren’t yet, but you know what I mean!).

I love the Friendsgiving idea! I may have to consider it for next year :) highlights of my weekend was definitely a spa day, dinner with my family, and a night out with my friends to celebrate my birthday! My favorite thanksgiving leftovers are stuffing, Brussels sprouts (I am weird, ha!) and pumpkin pie!

A spa day would be the highlight of any weekend! Oh, and I love brussels sprouts too, so you’re definitely not the only weird one! ;)

Wow, the snow looks beautiful!! I can’t imagine having it this early in the year but living in Texas I do wish we could get one good snowfall at least once during the year. My kids go crazy over a few flurries because they don’t know what lots of snow is like.

Your leftovers in the form of that sandwich look GOOD!!!!

I love Thanksgiving leftovers. All the snow looks gorgeous! I’m a little jealous. And um…that french toast looks superb! What a fun weekend!

Those lasagna rolls look so good – I just pinned them!

And that Friendsgiviving dinner looks like so much fun (and delicious too). I had a mini Thanksgiving dinner with my roommate before our Canadian Thanksgiving in October – it’s awesome to get to eat 2 Thanksgiving meals! ;)

My favourite Thanksgiving leftovers are the turkey (for sandwiches of course) and pumpkin pie!

You, Tina (Carrots and Cake) and Julie (PB Fingers) have all moved to the left if you know what I mean! :) I’m always so afraid to mess around with my own blog! Looks like you had a good weekend; you’re french toast is EPIC!

Oh interesting! I ended up deciding to move it back because I didn’t like it much. It’s one of the very few things I know how to do on my blog! ha! ;)

Love Thanskgiving leftovers. I probably like all of the carb-y things best … mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, stuffing, and of course, our family tradition of homemade noodles. Sadly, I won’t have the noodles this year because we’ll be with Brandon’s family for Thanksgiving. But I’m trying to convince my mom to make them for Christmas instead! ;)

Turkey and cranberry sauce. Mmm. Definitely my favorite Thanksgiving leftovers. It’s so unfair that you guys are just getting into Thanksgiving mode down there in the States. We had ours last month and seeing all the delicious eats around the blog world is going to evoke some serious jealousy… I just might have to celebrate again ;)

Weekend highlight for me was eating at Olive Garden on Saturday and then having the leftovers for dinner last night. It had been a while since I was there last and then to top it off we didn’t have to pay for anything because we waited a long time for our food (not that I enjoyed waiting but not needing to pay was kind of nice).

My favorite Thanksgiving leftover is always, always stuffing (or dressing? I never remember or understand the difference between the two). It’s my favorite thing to eat at Thanksgiving and something I look forward to all year!

A free meal is always nice! Olive Garden is yummy! As for stuffing vs. dressing… I think they’re one in the same? I could be wrong, but I think different people just call it a different name. Regardless, I love it too!