WIAW #60: Every Two Hours

It’s What I Ate Wednesday time! For more info on all of the fun, check it out over at Peas & Crayons!

Peas and Crayons

I’ve been noticing a trend in my appetite lately… About every two hours, my stomach starts to rumble and I need some sort of sustenance. Even before I was pregnant, I ate pretty regularly with three medium sized meals and two to three snacks thrown in there too. However, I was eating more like every three to four hours rather than every two hours. I guess the babe is going through a little bit of a growth spurt these days?!

breakfast – 6:30 AM

My beloved Kodiak Cakes are back! I’ve been meaning to buy a box for the past month or so, but kept spacing it until this week. I was up and at ‘em early yesterday morning to hang out with some 2nd graders for the day. I enjoyed two pancakes made with the mix and water + about 1/4 cup pumpkin and a few shakes of cinnamon mixed into the batter before pouring it on a griddle. I topped it with a little peanut butter and light maple syrup. Perfect!

snack – 9:00 AM

For my morning snack, I enjoyed a new-to-me flavor of Kroger’s Greek yogurt, Cranberry Fig. It’s a winner!

lunch – 11:30 AM

Lunch came perfect timing for my rumbling tummy, and I dug into my leftovers from last night – Tina’s Loaded Baked Potato Chicken Salad. The only thing I did differently from her recipe was used leftover roasted turkey instead of chicken. Guys, this stuff is so darn delicious.

I finished up my lunch with a couple clementines. Love these Cuties! Winking smile

Embedded image permalink

snack – 2:15 PM

My first snack of the afternoon was a Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar. This is one of my favorites!

snack – 4:00 PM

I was pretty hungry when I got home so I grabbed half of a banana and a spoonful of peanut butter. One of the best snacks ever in my opinion!

dinner – 6:15 PM

Dinner came in the form of leftovers from our Friendsgiving feast this past weekend. I heated up turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, and steamed green beans, and had a little bit of each. This meal never gets old!

snack/dessert – 8:30 PM

I ended the evening with one Justin’s Peanut Butter Cup, a spoonful of peanut butter, and a small glass of milk. It was the first time I had ever tried one of the Justin’s Peanut Butter Cups, and it definitely didn’t disappoint!

As you can see, the every two hour thing stayed pretty consistent throughout the day. I’ve really been trying to focus on intuitive eating, and my body is still needing something about every two hours. Our bodies are pretty darn smart, so I’m just trusting it and going with it!

• How often do you eat?
  • What would you consider to be “the best snack ever”?

Comments

what a great day of eats!!!
    Okay, so I’ve read so many blogs that talk about Kodiak cakes, but I’ve NEVER heard of them, or even seen them! I’m curious…how are they different than regular pancakes? :)

They are a company based out of Utah that makes their pancake mixes with all natural ingredients, no preservatives, and the ingredient list is fairly short too. Their nutrition stats are awesome as well. I like them because they’re one of the healthiest boxed pancake mixes out there, and they taste great too! You can order them online or buy them at Target!

2. Becky Przy says

I try to eat every 3-4 hours. But I have the tendency to get really busy and forget to eat–especially in the morning while trying to get us out the door, workout in, work, etc.

Best snack ever is fresh bread out of the oven w/jelly… too bad it only happens only 1-2x’s/week around here.

I totally want to try Justin’s PB cups SOOOO badly!!! I just need to find where I can buy them (read: my small town doesn’t have the best options haha), and seriously need to pick up some clementines…you got my mouth watering!!

I’ve never bought them myself… They were sent to me, so I’ll try to hunt them down! I believe they’re at Whole Foods? If I see them I’ll send you some! ;)

I agree with you..I think banana and peanut butter is one of the best snacks ever! And I’m a huge fan of the peanut butter cookie larabar too! I just never normally buy them cause I find they keep me full for about 5 seconds haha but I do love them!

Looks like an awesome day of eats! I try to eat pretty intuitively too which usually means 3 meals and a couple snacks throughout the day! That justin’s PB cup sounds amazing!!! Now I want one!

oh man I LOVE Kroger’s Greek yogurt line. Especially their vanilla – it taste so much butter than commercial brands. Not to mention it is a heck of a lot cheaper.

7. daybelis says

Ehh go with the flow dear because I am not pregnant, my meals are almost double yours, and yet and eat every 2-3 hours LOL. I think one of my best snacks ever is cottage cheese mixed with dark cocoa powder, and topped with all natural peanut butter <3

Embrace your pregnancy hun, you are glowing!!

Hmm maybe my post came off wrong? I’m not in any way complaining or worried about eating every two hours… In fact, I’m totally embracing it and loving it because I love to eat! I was just stating an observation of my appetite lately.

Everything looks great :) I eat every 2-3 hours.. usually according to my work schedule lol I sometimes wish I could bring more but they always look at me weird for eating lol

Yum, your eats look so good! I think that is great your appetite is kicking in and your more hungry on the regular! I usually get hungry every 2-3 hours. I guess it depends what I had to eat earlier! If I go 4 hours without eating it’s not a pretty sight;) Which isn’t good at work, where I usually go 6 or 7 hours without food. It’s the worst. I so want to try Kodiak cakes! I hear awesome things about them.

10. Amanda N says

I tend to eat breakfast in the morning, a snack around 11, lunch between 12:30 and 1:30, a snack around 3:30 IF I need it, and then dinner sometimes after work. Sometimes if I had a light dinner or if I am hungry I might have ice cream, or some other form of “dessert” after dinner.

I love those kroger yogurts! They are so cheap, but so good! ha I haven’t tried the Cranberry Fig one yet, sounds delicious though!!! I’ll have to look out for that one next time I’m at the store! And I’m with you on the favorite snack, PB and banana is one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite! So good, and still keeps me satisfied till my next meal, great combo! ha

I’m not sure about the gluten free vegan friendly mixes… I’m sure it’d be on their website if they did! (www.kodiakcakes.com)

I usually eat about every 2-3 hours as well… and sometimes even more if I’m feeling more snacky instead of mealy, if that makes sense ;) As for best snack, I’m definitely with you on that one – AB and bananas (and chocolate) rock my socks off.

I know Ralphs, Smiths, and Frys are all Kroger stores… I’m not sure if you have any of those around you, but if so, they carry Kroger!

I make sure to eat every 3 or 4 hours. It’s not always possible with my classes, but I always make sure not to go any longer than that or I feel just terrible and crash.

I saw Tina’s Baked Potato Chicken Salad and thought that it looked awesome! Turkey for the chicken would be even better!

14. Brandy says

I ate Kodiak cakes yesterday morning too :) soooo good. I added mashed banana, cinnamon, and a touch of vanilla to the batter!! Amazing!

I feel like I eat allllll the time! Usually every 2-3 hours