11/29: Thursday Thoughts

1. This pregnancy insomnia stuff is not cool. I guess it’s preparing me for motherhood? Or something like that? #Ineedsleep

2. Apparently baby Hunter thinks it’s play time when I am wide awake at 4 AM because it feels like he’s doing all sorts of somersaults and tae kwon do in there.

3. I think an arranged marriage for this lady’s little girl, Addie, and baby Hunter is a perfect idea. Their due dates are only a couple days apart!

4. Ok, enough baby talk. #sorryImnotsorry

5. I’m in one of those weird I-don’t-know-what-to-do-with-my-hair dilemmas lately. Do I chop it off? Keep growing it out? Just add some layers? Go blonder? Go darker? #help

6. Apparently I’m loving the hash tags at the moment?

7. Home. Can’t wait to be there for Christmas in just a few weeks!!

305566_10151541332543747_428553034_n[1]

8. Can’t wait to do this for my husband this year! This is a cute idea too.

9. I had a 6th grader tell me this week that I was the nicest substitute ever. I was shocked. I didn’t realize staring down a handful of kids and threatening their lives was “nice”.

10. I promise I really am nice in real life. Winking smile

11. I feel like I’ve been on a Twitter kick lately. You know, where you tweet about every little detail of your life and thing that crosses your mind? Anyone else go in Twitter phases? It’s @MyFNFDiaries if you’re curious.

12. I just got news that Trader Joe’s opens in Salt Lake City THIS FRIDAY!! As in tomorrow! I’ve missed my beloved TJ’s since moving to Utah a little over two years ago. It’s about time it comes back into my life.

13. Can you believe a week ago today was Thanksgiving? Life goes too fast.

• What do I do with my hair people?!
  • Where are you going to be for Christmas?
  • Are there Trader Joe’s where you live?

Comments

I’m so jealous of your new TJ’s! Our closest one is still an hour away, which I gladly make the trip monthly to, but having on closer would be a dream come true.

Hope you get some sleep soon girl!

HAHA loved the thing about the “nice” substitute thing. Last year one of our vocabulary words was “strict” and I asked my kids if they thought I was. And they all said NO! What the heck!!! I try my very hardest to scare the life out of them so they behave. ;)

And I’m getting my hair done today too – for the first time since AUGUST. Yikes. I’m getting highlights and going with a shoulder lengthed bob I think!

I bet you are the best substitute teacher. I was a substitute teacher before getting my own classroom and have Sophia.

Trader Joe’s is so exciting. My favorite store. Our Trader Joe’s is about 25 minutes away. I wish there was one right around the corner.

Everything I have always heard is don’t do anything drastic with your hair during pregnancy or right after. Your hormones are going crazy. Maybe add some side bangs or something not as drastic. :)

Our Christmas is crazy we are everywhere. But it is so much fun!

4. Crystal says

I think a cute stacked bob with low lights would be super cute! I’ve been wanting to do something with my hair too but I’m soo undecided!

Happy Holidays!

5. Becky Przy says

I think I got more sleep w/a newborn vs being pregnant!

So jealous that you are getting a TJ’s! The nearest one is about 1 1/2 hours away:-(

Haha oh that’s not my Christmas decor… That’s my parents’ house. I wish it were mine though! ;) We plan to put our’s up this weekend!

Grow it out and add layers. I always get in the mood to chop my hair off and regret it after!
    We are having Christmas at our house :)
    Nope no Trader Joe’s in Canada :(

I cut my hair a few months ago and now I regret it.. I wish I had let it grow.. pregnancy moods are so weird.. wait it out a week or two and see if you still want to change your hair.

But I would go layers if anything.

We’re having two Christmases. One with my parents the weekend before Christmas in NY, and another at my boyfriend’s parents’ house in MA on Christmas day. And then we’ll be in California for a week starting on Christmas! WOO!!

I would keep the hair on the longer side throughout the pregnancy. Not that this will happen to you BUT faces can get a little puffy later in pregnancy and you might regret a short cut if it does ;-). Besides, AFTER pregnancy when you aren’t feeling your cutest, sometimes a haircut is all you need to feel better about yourself. I would say to get some fun low-lights since we are heading into winter.

10. Katherine says

I had another bout of pregnancy insomnia last night too. It’s the worst! I’m just hoping it had something to do with the full moon and tonight will be MUCH better for both you and me :) Congratulations on finding out your little one is a boy, by the way! Your due date and mine are the same and I love following your updates!

There is a TJ’s 5 minutes from my house! It’s dangerous, I will admit. I only let myself go twice a month, otherwise my credit card get’s severely injured. :-)

Jealous about your TJ’s! We don’t have them up here in Canada and I never managed to go while I was down in the States, but seeing all of the delicious products around the blog world makes me think I seriously need to pay a visit. As for your hair, I’d probably not do anything too drastic and just let it grow out. Get it trimmed and shaped, and maybe add some highlights and lowlights :)

Love this post- it had me laughing a lot! This Christmas, I’ll be going home in NJ to be with my parents and my sisters. I’m looking forward to it! Added bonus: there’s a Trader Joe’s less than 10 minutes away from my parents’ house! :)

14. Katie says

I just found your blog not to long ago & I already love it! First off congratulations on the baby boy! I’m currently 23 weeks prego (So I can relate to all the baby talk!) Plus we’re having a boy too! I have been going through the same type of sleep patterns and lots of movement! It must be preparing us…because I feel like a zombie these days!

AHHHH I’m so jealous of your TJ’s! The closest one to us is in Nashville, which is 2 hours away. Yes, sometimes we drive up for the day JUST to go to TJ’s!

I’m going DARK with my hair next week and I can’t wait! Go dark with me! :)

Last year we were in Mexico for Christmas, but this year it looks like we will be at home. I love home, but being on the beach at Christmas was so wonderful.

I’m so hesitant to go dark… I feel like my skin tone looks super pale and washed out, so I think I’m going to stick with the blonde. BUT I do think I’m going to go with a shoulder length bob to mix things up a bit. My hair has been a little unruly lately!

That’s so exciting about a TJ’s opening!! Jealous! I’ve still never been to one! Hair is always a dilema, I always flip flop back and forth over what I want to do. I’d say your hair would look great with some highlights! And I’m a sucker for long locks always. I hope your insomnia gets better soon!!

17. Naomi says

I am going home for Christmas, but since my fiance’s family is in the same town as mine, coordinating things so we can see everyone is somewhat of a challenge. He has a LARGE family and divorced parents, which means many separate celebrations. Should be interesting! But this is the first Christmas I will get to spend with him since he was deployed last year, so I am very excited about that :)

Oh I feel ya! My husband and I both have divorced families and they all pretty much live in Arizona, so we’ll be splitting up our time all over the place when we’re there over Christmas. It’s always lots of fun, but it sure is busy!

I’m hoping we’re down in Florida for Christmas, which is why we’re trying to get a rush on Nia’s passport!!!!

I love how you’re setting up your baby with other baby’s already. I’m sure he’ll be such a stud that every baby girl will want his diaper haha

19. Amanda N says

Substitute teachers from what I remember were always really awesome or really lame. How cute she said you were the nicest! Christmas – we’ll do the gifts to each other in the morning, then head over to my parents for “dinner” and then to my in-laws for gift there with all my husbands siblings. I’m not good to ask about hair. I always have the same long cute, never color it, and usually wear it up in a ponytail or bun. I’m so boring but it’s so easy!