12/06: Thursday Thoughts

1. Recently I’ve been making way too much food for our dinners so that we have plenty of leftovers for the other nights that I’m lazy and don’t feel like cooking. How come I wasn’t doing this before? I love it.

2. New hair. Like woah.

3. I love the cut, but I may or may not have cried after I got home and realized how BLONDE she made it. Holy cow. Blondes have more fun though, right? Or something like that?

4. The weather has been SO gloomy around here this past week. Like constantly gray, cloudy, and just blah. At least send us a good snow or something?! Pretty please?

5. I made these the other night… They’re a perfect mix of sweet and tart. Yum.

6. Cody and I are nerds and love taking various personality tests to see how accurate they are. We both just took the Color Code Personality Test a couple nights ago, and I was shocked at how spot on my results were. My primary color was blue (thoughtful, worry-prone, loyal) with a secondary color of red (visionary, demanding, decisive). Below are my blue results more in detail… Add in a touch of red and that’s pretty much me to a “T” (just in case you wanted to know). You can take the test yourself HERE.

Motive [ Intimacy ]

Blues are motivated by Intimacy. They seek to genuinely connect with others, and need to be understood and appreciated. Everything they do is quality-based. They are loyal friends, employers, and employees. Whatever or whomever they commit to is their sole (and soul) focus. They love to serve and give of themselves freely in order to nurture others’ lives.

ABOUT BLUE

Blues have distinct preferences and have the most controlling personality. Their personal code of ethics is remarkably strong and they expect others to live honest, committed lives as well. They enjoy sharing meaningful moments in conversation as well as paying close attention to special life events (e.g. birthdays and anniversaries). Blues are dependable, thoughtful, and analytical; but can also be self-righteous, worry-prone, and moody. They are “sainted pit-bulls” who never let go of something or someone once they are committed. When you deal with a BLUE, be sincere and make a genuine effort to understand and appreciate them.

7. If you haven’t already, make sure you congratulate this beautiful lady on her new baby girl!

8. After reading Julie’s review on The Happiness Project, I decided to order it and read it myself. I’m thinking it could be a good one!

[source]

9. This weekend is the beginning of Christmas parties, dinners, and get-togethers. Bring on the FUN!

• Are you a fan of leftovers?
  • If you took the personality test, what was your primary color?
  • Do you have a lot of holiday parties & festivities in the next few weeks?

Comments

Oooh your hair looks lovely! Embrace the blonde hehe. I lovee leftovers. So easy! Also love putting it in the freezer and completely forgetting about it for ages, so it’s always a nice little surprise :)

I did the total opposite and went darker after having the baby… I was freaked out at 1st but now I love it. You will grow into it :) ME and my husband are total opposites with our personality !

Your hair looks super cute! I love it!

I try to make big dinners for leftovers, but usually for next day lunch purposes. I refuse to spend more than 10 minutes putting lunch together!

I just took the test and I’m a yellow – not sure if I really agree with the results though!

I love your hair!! I bet you will too, it sometimes just takes a little time for a new look to sink in :)
    I like leftovers, but more than anything I hate letting good/healthy food go to waste, so I’m definitely the one in our house who eats up the leftovers and patrols the fridge for foods soon to go bad.

I love the hair! The lighter blonde looks great on you! I know the feeling though, I’m always a little shocked when my stylist lightens me up a few shades. Just embrace it as your ‘holiday look ‘ and if you decide it’s too much for you then darken it up a bit next time :)

I think your new hair looks great! It’s always a shock at first when you get something really drastic done, but it’ll definitely grow on you… especially when you style it on your own and let it settle for a week or so.

Oh, and another Blue here :)

Your hair looks great!
    I always make a double batch of anything I cook. We both pack it for lunch the next day.
    I tied on three colors with the fourth color only two points behind. I’m colorful? :)
    I love PBFingers book club! I ordered What Alice Forgot and I can’t wait to start reading it!

I love the Happiness Project! A great read! Ashley, your hair looks fantastic!!! I love the blonde, I know how it can be freaky to see such a radical change at first, but you’re the only one to notice it trust me! I’ve gone from black hair to blonde hair, and at first I balled my eyes out, but now I love it. It looks so amazing! Now, I really want to take that personality tests, love those things!

LOVE your hair. I think it looks awesome!!

I always make a lot of food so I don’t have to cook every night–been doing this since, well, forever. HAH. I don’t love to cook so it’s perf for me.

I think I am a red/blue, but I need to take it again & see!

10. Amanda N says

For leftovers it really depends on what it is – soup is always a go, as is pasta or things with rice. However, almost any meat (unless its in a soup/sauce) I don’t really like as much. We have quite a few parties and gatherings in the next few weeks and I can’t wait! :)

I just did the quiz and I am a BLUE!! It describes me to a “T” so I am going to say it is pretty spot on. Neat…now I will have to get my husband to do it!!

Your hair is cute but I almost didn’t recognize you. You are definitely a BLONDE now!!

12. lauren says

Love the new ‘do! I’ve been looking for something that’d be easier to do in the AM. My short layers end up in a tiny ponytail a few times a week – not too cute!
    I just took the quiz and I’m a white, it describes me pretty well too! Crazy how that stuff works.