Christmas Survey

Hello hello!

How was everyone’s weekend?! Ours was quite busy with Christmas parties, running errands, and catching up with stuff around the house. Christmas is going to be here before we know it! Eeek!

Speaking of Christmas, I saw this fun little Christmas survey on Janae’s blog yesterday so you better believe I’m going to participate considering I love surveys and Christmas. Winking smile

1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song?

Trans-Siberian Orchestra without a doubt! I also love Mariah Carey’s Christmas CD. Her voice is amazing.

trans siberian orchestra

2. Run on Christmas morning or take the day off?

It will most likely be a day off considering I haven’t been running much lately, and we’ll be going from house to house to see family, family, and more family.

3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning?

The last couple years when it’s just been Cody and me, I’ve made homemade cinnamon rolls. They are incredible. When I lived at home, we’d always have a big Christmas brunch with all sorts of amazing food. I’m assuming this year will be a brunch since we’ll be with family in Arizona.

4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?

There’s quite a few that I love, but I always enjoy going to the candlelight service at our church on Christmas Eve as a family. Christmas wouldn’t be the same without it.

5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree?

We have a pre-lit fake tree just because it’s the most convenient and affordable. I do love the smell of a real tree, but vacuuming up pine needles for days isn’t worth it to me.

6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay?

YAY!

162734_1808144130012_193514_n[1]

7. Where do you spend the holidays? Your own house, your parents’ house, extended family, in-laws, friends?

We go to Arizona every other year for Christmas and bounce all over the place while we’re there since we have my dad and stepmom, my mom and stepdad, and Cody’s parents to visit.

8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat?

I loooove lox and bagels (cream cheese, capers, and salmon on a bagel) which we have for part of our Christmas Day brunch. My favorite treats would have to be homemade fudge and chocolate covered pretzels.

fudge

9. Open presents all at once or take turns? Stockings… yes or no?

We usually take turns opening presents, and I’m ALL about stockings! They’re one of my favorite parts!

10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie?

I’d have to go with Love Actually or Home Alone.

• Answer any of the above questions!

Comments

Cinnamon Rolls seem to be on EVERYONE’s christmas morning breakfast menu! I love that tradition. :) And I always forget about Love Actually. Such a good movie! Happy Monday love!

Growing up, we always had a breakfast of cinnamon rolls before opening presents. We still do it every year now. This year I’ll be with my boyfriend’s family on Christmas day, but will be spending Christmas Eve with my family.

Eee! All this talk of Christmas is making me super giddy. I’ve always wanted to try making cinnamon buns on Christmas morning, but the whole process seems so complicated and I’m sure that I’d mess it up somehow. I think I’m going to have to get over it though, because they look absolutely amazing.

Try out The Pioneer Woman’s recipe! I was super intimidated until I found her recipe, and it’s pretty easy! Just make sure you cut down the recipe a bit unless you want a bazillion cinnamon rolls. ;)

i love love loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lox and bagels! i haven’t had it in so long but they do lox and bagels so good on Long Island that I definitely need to get my face into some ASAP! love your xmas pjs they’re so fun!

Aren’t they delicious?! Unfortunately I won’t be able to partake this year because of the raw salmon, so enjoy some extra for me! ;)

We don’t really have any big Christmas traditions. When I was younger, my Dad was a police officer so often wasn’t home Christmas so we never did anything too big since he’d work all morning. We do always have the Christmas pj tradition! Even though I’m 22 now. I like it though:)

We’ve done a fake tree ever since I vacuumed up my hair while vacuuming pine needles and got the Dirt Devil stuck to my head! I think I was in 6th grade? It was a nightmare!!

I love The Holiday, Love Actually, and Elf for holiday movies. We always do Christmas PJ’s, too! Why not!? :)

7. Dexy says

OH MY GOSH–LOVE your Christmas card!!!!! and your pic today of Christmas PJs!!! Love it!!! Love you!!! Yum…cinnamon buns on Christmas Day all the way!!!

8. Lisa says

Those cinnamon rolls look amazing!! And your pajamas are so cute! We always do pajamas too but we’re running out of cute options…do you remember where yours are from?