Festive Filled Weekend

Gooood morning!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! We sure did with all sorts of festive activities. As you may have already read, we had a fun Christmas party for Cody’s work Friday evening where we got to dress up and eat way too much delicious food.

christmas12

Saturday was a snowy day that was spent sleeping in, getting some stuff done around the house, squeezing in a workout, watching Lord of the Rings while wrapping some presents, and playing in the snow with the pups. Ryan was cracking us up… He would catch the snowballs like they were a real ball and then come to realize that they don’t exactly stay together. Goofy dog. And then there was Molly off finding little patches of grass to graze on that made her totally content. She’s an odd one but oh so cute.

Later on I made a comforting dinner of Creamy Tomato Chicken Penne. Another winner from Jessica. We headed out the door shortly after dinner to head to downtown Salt Lake. We live a good 45 minutes from downtown, so we decided to use our public transportation system to make it a little more of an adventure.

Our first stop? Trader Joe’s!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I was so excited! I didn’t go too crazy, but I got a few of my favorites including their sunflower seed butter, tomato soup, mini peanut butter cups, dried green beans, trail mix, coffee, and dark chocolate peanut butter caramel salted truffles per recommendation of Chelsey. And yes, it was still a mad house at 8 PM on a Saturday night. I really hope they plan on opening more locations out here!

Next we headed to Temple Square where they always have a beautiful array of lights and decorations during the Christmas season. It was pretty chilly so I was excited when we found a little cart selling homemade hot chocolate.

PicMonkey Collage

Not before long, my legs were feeling numb and the snow started falling so we decided to call it a night. I just love exploring downtown Salt Lake City! It’s a smaller city compared to others, but it sure is a beautiful one.

Sunday was filled with church, some baking, a short nap, and dinner with friends. It sure made for a fun (but quick!) holiday weekend!

Aaaand we’re off to start a new week! Let’s make it a great one!

• Did you do anything “festive” this past weekend?
  • Do you ever use public transportation?

Comments

When I’m in London, public transport is my go-to! Between the bus & tube, it is almost too convenient not to….and I guess not having a driving license makes me all the more inclined to make the most of it ;)!

This time of year public transport is the way to go! WAY too much traffic on the road the car parks are just crazy! Loving the pink hat by the way, very cute! I worked on Sat and got some assignment work out of the way yesterday….I did manage to squeeze in some festive baking though!

Oh boy, aren’t those dark chocolate pb salted caramels AMAZING? I was the one that influenced that purchase, LoL. We have both been raving about them ever since.

Glad you had a wonderful weekend love! :)

Um, YES! They are amazing. I was hoping Cody wouldn’t like them, but he does, so now I have to share. Bummer. Haha.

When I was in my undergrad, I used to take the bus daily – I’m kind of glad I don’t have to do that anymore. But in big cities, I’d rather take the subway/bus than drive…it terrifies me! When I went to Chicago last month I was so grateful someone else was driving, I could not have handled that.

We sure did! We went to look at a couple houses in a nearby town that have awesome Christmas lights displays, then me and my Mom did our Christmas cookie baking!

I couldn’t live without public transportation! I rode the metro to and from work while living in Washington, D.C. this fall, and I rely on the free city bus system in Gainesville, Florida while going to school at the University of Florida. Public transportation actually helped me get to the National Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at the White House a few weeks ago. :)

You’re glowing, Ashley! I love the bright pink belt in the first picture–so cute!

Huzzah for Trader Joe’s! I bought the salted caramel truffles last week, and am now addicted. I’m glad you and Cody were able to enjoy the decorations in Temple Square! So beautiful!

I absolutely adore light displays like that :) I was in Vegas this past weekend, so it was kind of hard to get into the festive spirit, but they had some really nice tree displays that sort of did the trick. I have to admit, though, that it’s hard to get into the Christmas spirit without snow!

Haha yeah… I grew up in the Phoenix area, so I’m used to Christmas without snow around, but I could see what you mean!

You look absolutely fabulous girl!! Pregnancy agrees with you!! Love the first pic! Frame that!!

Glad you had a great weekend and got some TJ’s goodies!

Happy Monday!

Yay! How fun! I can’t wait to do that! We’re going to wait until after Christmas and our baby showers to see what we get and go from there. I told Cody it’s “operation nursery” after Christmas! ;)

You look beautiful!
    We finished up our Christmas shopping over the weekend while wearing red and green to be festive:)
    I love Temple Square in the winter time! It’s amazing!
    Also I’m pretty jealous that you have a trader joe’s near you! That’s the closest one to me now! haha.

Beautiful and glowing! You look so great! Jealous of all the snow you have! I never take the bus, since I have a fear of it haha. Yah, I’m kind of lame like that. It’s a random anxiety I have. Looks like a great weekend!